Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step (5323 Views)

How To Score Very High In Unical Aptitude Test 2019 / JAMB 2018: How To Successfully Score Very High In Jamb(300+) CBT Exam / How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 18, 2017
Those of you that scored low or will score low in JAMB 2017/18 (Do not Panic Yet), We are not wishing anybody any bad luck, we are just being real and certain. Jamb is a body that controls and conducts an exam called UTME and since its an exam, there is certaintity that not everybody will make it or do well. Some of you have seen their results, some are yet to see theirs, some are yet to write. Those who have written and scored low must be feeling its over likewise those that will still not do well or score high.

However, the question is; what's the next thing to do if your score is confirmed that it won't give you the course you are going for?
Like I said; do not panic. If you don't make it in the merit list, you may be lucky and make it in the supplementary list. Let me Use My school UNN for Example,

After screening, UNN releases her first list called merit list, there are some departments that will still need candidates to fill up the departments. UNN will issue an advert called supplementary admission application. Those that couldn't get admission in their original courses but score 180 or 200 and above will be allowed to purchase the supplementary form and apply for another course lower than their original courses as long as your jamb subject combinations match that lower course and it doesn't involve any exam or further screening. Not everybody who applies for this supplementary application gets admission but most people get lucky and get admission. The form is usually 10,000 and the process lasts 2 or 3 weeks for previous years. I never said this application is in progress now, it will start after the first list is out. Am just posting this info now so that those who scored low or will score low will not commit suicide or lose hope of getting admission this year.

Aside this supplementary admission, you have your 2nd choice, you have college of education, etc that you can still go with your score, every school is good. Thanks!!
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by legacy1leo(m): 9:00pm On May 18, 2017
I scored 180 applied social works any hope and second choice esut corp and rural dev
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Chidexter(m): 9:24pm On May 18, 2017
legacy1leo:
I scored 180 applied social works any hope and second choice esut corp and rural dev

Esut will give you
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Mubiz(m): 1:51pm On May 21, 2017
i score 187 did i av a chance of studying microbiology in lasu
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 21, 2017
Akachy:
Those of you that scored low or will score low in JAMB 2017/18 (Do not Panic Yet), We are not wishing anybody any bad luck, we are just being real and certain. Jamb is a body that controls and conducts an exam called UTME and since its an exam, there is certaintity that not everybody will make it or do well. Some of you have seen their results, some are yet to see theirs, some are yet to write. Those who have written and scored low must be feeling its over likewise those that will still not do well or score high.

However, the question is; what's the next thing to do if your score is confirmed that it won't give you the course you are going for?
Like I said; do not panic. If you don't make it in the merit list, you may be lucky and make it in the supplementary list. Let me Use My school UNN for Example,

After screening, UNN releases her first list called merit list, there are some departments that will still need candidates to fill up the departments. UNN will issue an advert called supplementary admission application. Those that couldn't get admission in their original courses but score 180 or 200 and above will be allowed to purchase the supplementary form and apply for another course lower than their original courses as long as your jamb subject combinations match that lower course and it doesn't involve any exam or further screening. Not everybody who applies for this supplementary application gets admission but most people get lucky and get admission. The form is usually 10,000 and the process lasts 2 or 3 weeks for previous years. I never said this application is in progress now, it will start after the first list is out. Am just posting this info now so that those who scored low or will score low will not commit suicide or lose hope of getting admission this year.

Aside this supplementary admission, you have your 2nd choice, you have college of education, etc that you can still go with your score, every school is good. Thanks!!
You used Unn as a case study but you forgot that other schools don't offer similar service. College of education would have being better but the pressure on university degree is alarming that even most firm that need cleaners require b.sc .Why didn't suggest polytechnic or writing IJMB exams since the certificate can be used as a direct entry to the university. If most insist on entering using Jamb,they I would advice you change to the newly launched universities by former president Goodluck Jonathan. A lot of persons may have scored high in jamb but they have forgotten that Waec or Neco result is an hurdle. That most department cut off point are high as a result of the number of applicant applying for limited space. Some department don't accept students thrown from other departments anymore as they prefer to give students that score 180 admission than those that scored 250 and above but couldn't meet up with their first choice of study.
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by NLProblemChild(m): 5:44pm On May 21, 2017
Tell oleyede to reduce the cut off too 150 or else
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by ameezy(m): 6:28pm On May 21, 2017
grin
NLProblemChild:
Tell oleyede to reduce the cut off too 150 or else

1 Like

Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Anextin(f): 3:15pm On May 22, 2017
I scored 273, applied for law in UNN, do u think I can make first list
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Oladipo1166(m): 2:01am On May 25, 2017
Register for your I.J.M.B today contact me on 08139223809
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
Akachy:

bro . pls, with a JAMB score of 263 a and five C6's in Maths, English, Physics, chemistry, economics and technical drawing. Is Electrical engineering in UNN possible? And are the o level combinations correct? I heard biology or agric is compulsory.
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by KEMISTR3(f): 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
My candid advise to anybody that score below 180 in jamb is to enrol in college of education, do a four years degree course get ur B.Ed go to service and continue ur carrier if u wish to. University is not a must.

With your low score in jamb u can consider a private universities if ur fada gat wards to spend.
Just guesing
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by KEMISTR3(f): 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
bro . pls, with a JAMB score of 263 a and five C6's in Maths, English, Physics, chemistry, economics a7nd technical drawing. Is Electrical engineering in UNN possible? And are the o level combinations correct? I heard biology or agric is compulsory.

u did well, admission is certain for u
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
durentchigozie:
bro . pls, with a JAMB score of 263 a and five C6's in Maths, English, Physics, chemistry, economics and technical drawing. Is Electrical engineering in UNN possible? And are the o level combinations correct? I heard biology or agric is compulsory.

Biology & agric are not compulsory!!

And Believe me, you will make it to UNN Eletrical Engr. with those grades and jamb score.
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
Akachy:

Biology & agric are not compulsory!!

And Believe me, you will make it to UNN Eletrical Engr. with those grades and jamb score.
thanks. But the o level with c parallel is the only stuff that is making me afraid though.
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 14, 2017
Anextin:
I scored 273, applied for law in UNN, do u think I can make first list

my dear the score cant get you law.. Except your olevel grades are great. Mind listing them?
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 14, 2017
durentchigozie:
thanks. But the o level with c parallel is the only stuff that is making me afraid though.

I Just calculated your screening score the way UNN did last year, so you should be expecting 238 - 240 as your screening score after UNN screening Application.

240 may not get you Elect Engr via Merit/primary/first Admission list (let me be frank with you).. But as more list comes out, you might be lucky..
Elect Engr. Dept merit cutoff last year shld range btw 260 - 280.

I got admitted last year to the Dept of Architecture (UNN) with screening score 240 after about 2 (two) Admission list has been released while Our dept cutoff mark was 266 as of last year.

You just need to be prayerfull cos after UNN primary/merit list, other lists are mainly through connections exept you shop to a very very low competitive course.
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Ayandaseyi(m): 5:38am On Jun 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You used Unn as a case study but you forgot that other schools don't offer similar service. College of education would have being better but the pressure on university degree is alarming that even most firm that need cleaners require b.sc .Why didn't suggest polytechnic or writing IJMB exams since the certificate can be used as a direct entry to the university. If most insist on entering using Jamb,they I would advice you change to the newly launched universities by former president Goodluck Jonathan. A lot of persons may have scored high in jamb but they have forgotten that Waec or Neco result is an hurdle. That most department cut off point are high as a result of the number of applicant applying for limited space. Some department don't accept students thrown from other departments anymore as they prefer to give students that score 180 admission than those that scored 250 and above but couldn't meet up with their first choice of study.
asuustrike2009:

A' level is that plan B, IJMB I'm convinced is
more real and more considerate than Jamb..
don't hesitate to join me here in Ilorin at the
reputable and trusted centre (Great Eminent
Educational services, university road, tanke Ilorin)
be admitted directly into
200level of any universities of your choice without
jamb
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 14, 2017
Akachy:

I Just calculated your screening score the way UNN did last year, so you should be expecting 238 - 240 as your screening score after UNN screening Application.

240 may not get you Elect Engr via Merit/primary/first Admission list (let me be frank with you).. But as more list comes out, you might be lucky..
Elect Engr. Dept merit cutoff last year shld range btw 260 - 280.

I got admitted last year to the Dept of Architecture (UNN) with screening score 240 after about 2 (two) Admission list has been released while Our dept cutoff mark was 266 as of last year.

You just need to be prayerfull cos after UNN primary/merit list, other lists are mainly through connections exept you shop to a very very low competitive course.
how is the screening done? Like normal JAMB?

So I'd start preparing for it.
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 14, 2017
durentchigozie:
how is the screening done? Like normal JAMB?

So I'd start preparing for it.

No exam will be written, all you have to do is to scan and upload the Neccesary documents required eg
*Birth cert.
*LGA identity letter
*First school leaving cert.
*Olevel results
*Jamb result.. Etc
Thats few i could remember.. You guys will be well informed of the neccesary ducuments when the time comes.
No need coming down to UNN for application, you can apply for the screening anywere that has internet connection and scanner and wait for your screening result.

After that, the depts cutoff marks will be decide and those that crossed the cutoff will be admitted via first list while those that dint cross will wait for another list which normally comes out after 1 or 2 months after first admission list.
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 14, 2017
Akachy:

No exam will be written, all you have to do is to scan and upload the Neccesary documents required eg
*Birth cert.
*LGA identity letter
*First school leaving cert.
*Olevel results
*Jamb result.. Etc
Thats few i could remember.. You guys will be well informed of the neccesary ducuments when the time comes.
No need coming down to UNN for application, you can apply for the screening anywere that has internet connection and scanner and wait for your screening result.

After that, the depts cutoff marks will be decide and those that crossed the cutoff will be admitted via first list while those that dint cross will wait for another list which normally comes out after 1 or 2 months after first admission list.
thanks. I just checked. The cutoff for lst year was 242. I'd change to Electronic to be safer. Thanks again. Just hope i get there.

Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 14, 2017
durentchigozie:
thanks. I just checked. The cutoff for lst year was 242. I'd change to Electronic to be safer. Thanks again. Just hope i get there.

Lol..Those cutoff marks are as of last 2years (2015/16) not last year (2016/17) .

For eg:
Civil Engr - cutoff last year was 280 while last 2year was 248.

Architecture - cutoff last year was 266 while last 2years was 226

Dont be decieved by what you saw online apart from UNN official website which is http://unn.edu.ng
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 14, 2017
Akachy:

Lol..Those cutoff marks are as of last 2years (2015/16) not last year (2016/17) .

For eg:
Civil Engr - cutoff last year was 280 while last 2year was 248.

Architecture - cutoff last year was 266 while last 2years was 226

Dont be decieved by what you saw online apart from UNN official website which is http://unn.edu.ng
. chai. na wa oooh. I would change course quick, I can't risk it.

PS
I've checked the site, i haven't seen anything like JAMB cutoff, can you pls post the link to the cutoff page?
Re: Those That Scored Or Will Score Very Low In 2017/18 Jamb - Your Next Step by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
durentchigozie:
. chai. na wa oooh. I would change course quick, I can't risk it.

PS
I've checked the site, i haven't seen anything like JAMB cutoff, can you pls post the link to the cutoff page?

UNN dnt normally upload her dept cutoff marks on ther website.. How i got to knw the cutoff for arch and civil engr was because my uncle has the connection.. hes also a HOD.. So what he did was to call my HOD and asked about my course cutoff mark and some other dept i cnt remember..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gifted Hand Science Tutorials Producing The Highest Jamb Scores / Unilorin Worst Graduating Students Gets UK Scholarships / Delsu Young Millionaire Buried As Boys Mourn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.