Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,053 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

If Nigeria Fails To Restructure,their Might Be Consequences - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Fails To Restructure,their Might Be Consequences (591 Views)

There Would Be Consequences If Anything Happens To Sowore - Us Warn Buhari / FFK To Buhari: There Will Be Consequences If Anything Happens To Sowore / Nigerian Government Warned "There Will Be Consequences" If You Harm IPOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Fails To Restructure,their Might Be Consequences by ariesbull: 2:06am On May 19, 2017
There has been calls for Restructure lately and this has reached a crescendo that it can't be ignored. In some quarters like the Eastern part of the country ,they have taken it further by calling for outright seccesion! And these are the consequences of maintaining the status quo!

If the country doesn't restructure,it will soon collapse and there are indices and pointers towards this. This is not a doomsday prophecy but a realist approach. We have seen how countries that played the ostrich collapsed like the bigger USSR et al and we pray that we don't head towards that path of perdition and self destruct. We must do the needful and we must do the negotiations.

The American intelligence thought it would collapse before 2015 but God saved the day as they say by GEJ accepting defeat.The post election violence of 2011 would have looked like a play fight or even dwarfed the 1994 events in Rwanda.All the signs are back now.

Early this week Nigeria was ranked the 13th least stable country out of 178 countries in the world for the second year in a row,on the Fragile States Index, FSI, released by the Washington DC based Fund for Peace, FFP.We are in the same position with Zimbabwe and just behind South Sudan,Somalia, Central African Republic,Syria, Libya etc

The Army chief is worried about a military coup.It is important that we understand and formalise our position and quickly adopt a common ground.

I am opposed to Biafra restoration or any proposed republic that involves the Igbo sharing a country with other smaller ethnic nationalities.

If something happens,I would like us to cling on to a restructured Nigeria.The 36 states can be rolled back into 6 states along the existing 6 geopolitical zones.Any smaller territory can opt out of a state and exist autonomously as a union territory similar to the structure of India.Ogoni can become a union territory and opt out of SS state. Tiv can also opt out of NC state and become a union territory.

The Constitution should guarantee a federalism similar to that of 1963.If this fails and a consensus could not be achieved,the Igbo should then propose an Igbo republic with capital in Enugu and seaport in Opobo.

If Nigeria survives and continue to make progress as a country,it serves the Igbo better to remain in it and work toward its perfection.

This is my core political position.Dont ask me again what I stand for tomorrow.I have a thinking that Nigeria should be made competitive by creating regions and this will bring out the best in every region and not this robbing Peter to pay Paul system where many states that's are not self sufficient are allowed to stay afloat.

http://etimes.com.ng/if-nigeria-fails-to-restructuretheir-might-be-consequences/
Re: If Nigeria Fails To Restructure,their Might Be Consequences by serverconnect(m): 2:41am On May 19, 2017
True talk. Restructure is what we need for this country to move forward.
Re: If Nigeria Fails To Restructure,their Might Be Consequences by Nobody: 2:48am On May 19, 2017
ariesbull:
[s]

There has been calls for Restructure lately and this has reached a crescendo that it can't be ignored. In some quarters like the Eastern part of the country ,they have taken it further by calling for outright seccesion! And these are the consequences of maintaining the status quo!

If the country doesn't restructure,it will soon collapse and there are indices and pointers towards this. This is not a doomsday prophecy but a realist approach. We have seen how countries that played the ostrich collapsed like the bigger USSR et al and we pray that we don't head towards that path of perdition and self destruct. We must do the needful and we must do the negotiations.

The American intelligence thought it would collapse before 2015 but God saved the day as they say by GEJ accepting defeat.The post election violence of 2011 would have looked like a play fight or even dwarfed the 1994 events in Rwanda.All the signs are back now.

Early this week Nigeria was ranked the 13th least stable country out of 178 countries in the world for the second year in a row,on the Fragile States Index, FSI, released by the Washington DC based Fund for Peace, FFP.We are in the same position with Zimbabwe and just behind South Sudan,Somalia, Central African Republic,Syria, Libya etc

The Army chief is worried about a military coup.It is important that we understand and formalise our position and quickly adopt a common ground.

I am opposed to Biafra restoration or any proposed republic that involves the Igbo sharing a country with other smaller ethnic nationalities.

If something happens,I would like us to cling on to a restructured Nigeria.The 36 states can be rolled back into 6 states along the existing 6 geopolitical zones.Any smaller territory can opt out of a state and exist autonomously as a union territory similar to the structure of India.Ogoni can become a union territory and opt out of SS state. Tiv can also opt out of NC state and become a union territory.

The Constitution should guarantee a federalism similar to that of 1963.If this fails and a consensus could not be achieved,the Igbo should then propose an Igbo republic with capital in Enugu and seaport in Opobo.

If Nigeria survives and continue to make progress as a country,it serves the Igbo better to remain in it and work toward its perfection.

This is my core political position.Dont ask me again what I stand for tomorrow.I have a thinking that Nigeria should be made competitive by creating regions and this will bring out the best in every region and not this robbing Peter to pay Paul system where many states that's are not self sufficient are allowed to stay afloat.

http://etimes.com.ng/if-nigeria-fails-to-restructuretheir-might-be-consequences/[/s]

What is wrong with you Afonjas, can't you stay on you own? Must you attach to us Biafraans? Do we look alike? Don't you know people can tell the difference in appearance between Biafraans and Yorubas(look like South Sudanese)? Didn't Ojukwu proposed a restructuring in 1967 and Gowon reneged on it? You waited almost 50 yrs, and now come out and say you want the same restructuring? Restructing after 5 million died and no reparations paid to Biafraans to reinvent themselves after the war that they lost everything? Instead Awolowo used that money to sponsor your yorubaa fathers to school with free scholarships.
Re: If Nigeria Fails To Restructure,their Might Be Consequences by azimibraun: 5:14am On May 19, 2017
Restructure with new human beings or the existing population of thieves and non God fearing citizens of all corners of Nigeria? I want to know. Your proposal should start by correcting Nigeria first and citizens mindset. Bad leadership can thrive in every structure and it is not on the grounds of it that you must establish a new structure. Most people ignorantly call for restructuring while the other group call for it be able to become the new " Big Fishes" in small ponds who cannot swim in the " Ocean Nigeria" so they want to become Lords over smaller regional governments. Be careful what you wish for. Fix Nigeria then restructure. Restructuring may be the greater good but let's get the what we have working first.
Re: If Nigeria Fails To Restructure,their Might Be Consequences by aybabz101: 5:19am On May 19, 2017
i support d idea of restructuring the country but i believe dis restructuring of a thing has different definitions to different people. the op is suggesting restucturing the country according to d six geopolitical structure we have in place. the first question is what is restructuring? to my own idea, restructuring is for the geopolitical zones to have control over their economy and resources-especially resources. like i use to tell people, the greatest development happened to nigeria wen we were practicing the regional syatem of government. wen all the region were producing exportable products. but now oil money has made everyone to be idle. but in truth, dis restructuring of a tin will b very difficult coz government wouldn't want to give all those financial power associated wit oil to the niger delta region-mayb if they can come up wit reasonable plan sha which will be in form of heavy taxation that will ultimately lead to another uprising of delibrate sabotage of the niger delta region. one thing i am very sure of is dat this system we are practicing is not working at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Fails To Restructure,their Might Be Consequences by kingzizzy: 6:17am On May 19, 2017
Yorubas eternally shouting restructuring!

But if you ask any Yoruba man how restructuring will be achieved in light of the Norths opposition to it, the same Yoruba man will scratch his head, look up at the sky and keep quiet.

Tomorow, he will start shouting restructuring again.

Restructuring has become a form of grandstanding that the Yoruba nation uses to forever avoid facing the obvious truth.

That the power hungry North will never allow restructuring because restructuring will take away the only reason why they are part of Nigeria. The economic and political domination of Nigeria.

That is why anyone who is serious about true federalism, resource control and fiscal resposibility has to be someone who is considering leaving Nigeria.

Thats why Yorubas should not be taken serious when they trumpet restructuring. How can you be looking for restructuring when you still want to do 'one Nigeria' with the same North who dont want restrscturing? Who is fooling who?

My great Igbo nation and the minorities who comfortable with us, we must exit Nigeria! It is only when we get out of Nigeria and the political stranglehold of the North can we truly control our destiny.

Either that or we can stay in Nigeria and still be shouting restructuring which we have all done for 50 years to no avail
Re: If Nigeria Fails To Restructure,their Might Be Consequences by MrEverest(m): 6:26am On May 19, 2017
You people keep souding like broken record with this noise about restructuring. The owners of Nigeria had made it clear that they will never accept restructuring, and they are using the national assembly and army to ensure that the status quo remains unchanged. You guys can continue fooling yourselves, Igbos have asked for this since Aburi in 1967 and they've realized the futility of flogging a dead horse and have decided to leave the zoo for good.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FDI: OGFZA Gets 35,000htrs From Bayelsa / MAY 30th. / Oyo State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.