Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges (13371 Views)

10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges / UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by admax(m): 7:38am On May 19, 2017
Ok
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by kramer: 7:38am On May 19, 2017
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by ehix89(m): 7:39am On May 19, 2017
9jakohai:
Of course, the bank needs money to run....especially as we are a resource dependent society, and the money we had coming in from the resource we sell isn't much anymore.

Even when they are churning out huge profit margin year in year out, this is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by simplemach(m): 7:40am On May 19, 2017
luvinhubby:

One wears suits, the other wears Agbada while the other one wears mask, all na the same.
Lols...
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by eluquenson(m): 7:40am On May 19, 2017
The charges leveled against customers is exorbitant and not necessary.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Nobody: 7:41am On May 19, 2017
Time to deactivate my ATM card, its practically useless anyways
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Godswillu(m): 7:41am On May 19, 2017
GT Bank have what is called cardless withdraw. I wonder if they will charge for maintenance too, if not that will be the way forward.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by nwafresh(m): 7:41am On May 19, 2017
PastorandMentor:
Thunder way go fire bubu ehn

No need....he's fired already.. .. angry grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Viking007(m): 7:42am On May 19, 2017
As usual. They know we can only react online. Nothing will happen. Useless country with gutless citizens.

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by shedy03(m): 7:42am On May 19, 2017
this cbn gov needs to go.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by mzjaney(f): 7:42am On May 19, 2017
since when did CBN become my wallet

what are they maintaining wen my card is in my wallet?
This is rubbish

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by pehay: 7:43am On May 19, 2017
This is serious ooo....wat if u have 4 cards
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by 2shure: 7:43am On May 19, 2017
Uba debited me 150 this morning
I really dont giv a fuc
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by mokset123: 7:43am On May 19, 2017
The worse part is some persons don't have Atm cards yet the banks still charge them maintenance fee on them.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by tempest01(m): 7:44am On May 19, 2017
The government wants to kill us with taxes....before, if you take your money to the bank, they are the ones to pay you interest. Now it is the reverse. The only person gaining in all these at the end is the government. And they can't still provide us with basic amenities upon all this.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Hydrolysis(m): 7:45am On May 19, 2017
Build your websites with me
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Nobody: 7:45am On May 19, 2017
#Nowisdtime4revolution #Nigerianswakeup #Ourcountryisick
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Denko2721987(m): 7:46am On May 19, 2017
simplemach:
Pls o, is there any difference between highway Robbers, politicians and Banks?

I just want to know who to trust among the 3

The financial institutions are the biggest fraud of modern human history..
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by psucc(m): 7:46am On May 19, 2017
And at he end of their FY, they'll post high profits and their shareholders will celebrate their 'success'?

Diamond Bank has scared me.

Pls folk, I opened a corporate account with them with N10k deposit and thanks to God I was reluctant to make further transactions on the account.

To my greatest surprise, they started by deducting N3.5k for corporate name search and as at the time of typing this, that account is now in the negative, which means I am owing them.

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by tolustwart: 7:46am On May 19, 2017
Head of cbn get bank... So wat do u expect
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by chiraqDemon(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2017
simplemach:
Pls o, is there any difference between highway Robbers, politicians and Banks?

I just want to know who to trust among the 3
Highway robbers, at least they will not tell u to trust them and u already know what they are planning once u see them on the road
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by mployer(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2017
They force you to use the card and they still charge you to maintain it.

Use of card that is easing work pressure on them.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Jabioro: 7:49am On May 19, 2017
Most of our financial economy policy are not an enabling /encouraging to her customers..
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by mokset123: 7:50am On May 19, 2017
luvinhubby:

One wears suits, the other wears Agbada while the other one wears mask, all na the same.
And even kaki self, all na de same
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Princedapace(m): 8:01am On May 19, 2017
kramer:

Attention w.hore! That picture has nothing to do with the topic

Back to the topic: 600N is still ok compared to what some countries charge (in some cases 3 times the amount).

Bros.. it is not okay.. these countries u are talking about are enjoying simple basic amenities of life such as electricity, good road, subsidized transport system, easy access to loans at low interest rate..healthy medical systems..

If i get to enjoy these and u ask me to pay this, I will simply pay even double..

make we no dey stupid here baba.. the way money comes into the hands of an average Nigerian is small compare to how it flies away..

By the time u earn salary, u pay for electricity u are not seeing enough of it, u buy expensive fuel, u pay for security, u pay for water, u buy foods at expensive rate..etc

Bros, remember, many Nigerians are still very very poor.. Average life in Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Look at the budget of National assembly.. That is what we should be cutting down and not increasing the pains of the average and poor masses..

If u are doing business in Nigeria and spend so much on powering your electricity, u begin to wonder how u will survive.. It is not okay bro.. the funded generated are not well used.. they are used to feed mostly these criminals called leaders.. dont support them except u benefit from them or u are one of them

2 Likes

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Mariam88(f): 8:07am On May 19, 2017
Nah wa o
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Nobody: 8:17am On May 19, 2017
from N100 to N600.... haba why?
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by mechanics(m): 8:23am On May 19, 2017
Nawa o, CBN want to rob us from from our hard earned money.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by badbreathcure101: 8:29am On May 19, 2017
I don't know why people still even use banks much, there are even more better ways to save your money...

Go to Google and download good economics books...

Even now I would rather buy gold chains or lands than keep that money in the bank
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by thestevens: 8:32am On May 19, 2017
We don't have banks in Nigeria,what we have is money houses.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by deor03(m): 8:35am On May 19, 2017
Our Banks are lazy , VERY lazy.

They lack creativity, they live ostentatious lives on our sweat.

No bank should charge me for withdrawal, alert, card , atm withdrawals, it just does not happen in sane countries

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by JennieCutie4U(f): 8:37am On May 19, 2017
Dhortunn:
I have been charged #50 twice in a space of two days by Access Bank for Card Maintenance. I can't even complain anymore in this Country. grin
are you serious? do they really do that? tell me cos am about applying for my own card...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Records Biggest Drop In Oil Output / Onitsha:Traders Count Losses As Fire Destroys Goods Worth N50m / Mike Adenuga Might Be Africa’s Richest Man - Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.