Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas (2689 Views)

Amotekun: Yorùbá World Congress Protests Peacefully In Support Of Operation / Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully / The IPOB, Hausas And Soldiers Clash In Umuahia: Reason Behind It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 12:16pm On May 19, 2017
This is why history must be taught in our schools. Those who neglect History are bound to repeat the mistakes of the past. Please read below and and learn. BEWARNED!!!!!!!

The story is told of how King Yunfa, the Hausa Sarki in Gobir (now called Sokoto) hosted a Fulani immigrant called Usman Dan Fodiyo and his group in February 1804, as a result of this and since 1808 the whole of the northern region lost its kingdoms and were replaced by Fulani emirates.

King Yunfa is said to have been killed in 1808 and the Fulani warrior (Usman Dan Fodiyo) established Sokoto caliphate, making himself Sultan.

Gradually, other Hausa kingdoms were pillaged and taken over by the Fulani emirs. The ethnic groups in the core north were the first victims of Fulani imperialism, a venture that occurred because the people were given access to grazing land as a result of the hospitality of the hosts.

They however failed to overrun the Bornu and Jukun kingdoms , so the Shehu of Bornu and Aku Uka remains paramount till today!

The Afonja dynasty compromised by allowing a Fulani warrior known as Janta Alimi to settle in Ilorin, the Fulani guerrillas killed Afonja in 1824
And Ilorin, a Yoruba town under the Oyo empire, fell into Fulani hands, becoming an emirate under Sokoto caliphate till today! Even the attempts of the O’odua People’s Congress (OPC) to revert to status quo ante and crown an Onilorin of Ilorin became an exercise in futility.

The Yoruba warriors got wise and defeated the Fulani jihadists in Osogbo in 1840, if this didn’t happen there would most likely have been Fulani “emirs” as rulers in Oyo Alaafin, Ibadan, Owo, Osogbo, Ede, Ado, and Igede Ekiti today!

If the Bini Kingdom did not fight and repel the jihadists, they would have penetrated the Edo/Delta region beyond the present day Edo North Senatorial District which gave in and allowed the jihadists to overrun & islamize them.
Along with some ignorant folk most of them are now angling for grazing areas and a corridor through the entire federation.

These grazing areas will in future become Fulani settlements, later commmunities and finally local government areas with elected officials.

If you think I am being alarmist look towards the once beautiful and serene Middle Belt state of Plateau.
The exact same thing happened in Jos.

Therefore, it will not be farfetched to conclude that the Fulani herdsmen are pawns in an agenda to overrun all towns in Nigeria! So that we will have emirs in Owerri, Enugu, Benin, Agatu,Wukari, Abeokuta and other towns where FG creates “grazing reserves” for Fulani herdsmen!

If Yunfa didn’t accommodate Fodio and his warlike immigrants from Futatoro, Hausa sarkis would be ruling today in the north!

And if Afonja didn’t conspire with Alimi, a Yoruba kingdom would not have been ruled by Alimi’s offspring till today!
It is a subtle continuation of the 1804 Fulani jihad by the fully-armed and protected Fulani herdsmen with an age-old agenda to overrun and Islamize the whole of Nigeria very quickly.

I will end this with what someone rightly said- “The grazing bill is not an attempt to solve the problem, it’s a subterfuge to progress the agenda”
It’s an age-old political strategy really- ..create a problem, come up with a “solution” that advances the cause, and then give it a legal backing.

Make it look like a win-win situation.
Be as wise as serpents….

Source : History Book

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by YOUNGrapha(m): 12:23pm On May 19, 2017
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by MDsambo: 12:38pm On May 19, 2017
Bullshit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 12:41pm On May 19, 2017
MDsambo:
Bullshit
you mean the history?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by RealSleek(m): 1:23pm On May 19, 2017
MDsambo:
Bullshit

kindly explain what the bullshit is..debunk op's claim or pass..dont just com3 here and type bullshit

6 Likes

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 1:23pm On May 19, 2017
History is really important in nigeria... Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 1:24pm On May 19, 2017
RealSleek:

kindly explain what the bullshit is..debunk op's claim or pass..dont just com3 here and type bullshit
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by orbgoblin: 1:44pm On May 19, 2017
Write up makes sense. Reminds me of the trojan horse the Greeks used to enter the city of troy. But in this case they come with trojan cows. Always be careful who you open your doors to cos you never can tell what evil lurks behind their friendly gestures.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 1:56pm On May 19, 2017
orbgoblin:
Write up makes sense. Reminds me of the trojan horse the Greeks used to enter the city of troy. But in this case they come with trojan cows. Always be careful who you open your doors to cos you never can tell what evil lurks behind their friendly gestures.
you are a wise man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 2:47pm On May 19, 2017
AllHailBiafra:
Waiting concerns me? Here to do ma tin.
cool

2 Likes

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 7:15am On May 20, 2017
History dies life dies...error stays
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by hammer6: 7:31am On May 20, 2017
PLEASE REMOVE US IGBOS FROM UR RUBBISH.

FULANI AND IGBO HAVE NO BUSINESS, ASIDE THE ONE NIGERIA HAVE CAUSED US.

4 Likes

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 7:48am On May 20, 2017
hammer6:
PLEASE REMOVE US IGBOS FROM UR RUBBISH.

FULANI AND IGBO HAVE NO BUSINESS, ASIDE THE ONE NIGERIA HAVE CAUSED US.
which part of history will i remove?
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by hammer6: 7:52am On May 20, 2017
weyabcom:
which part of history will i remove?

Which part of history did u hear Igbo and Fulani?

Abeg, carry ur Yoruba, Hausa and Fulani marriage dey go.

In fact, which part of History did u hear Igbo and Yoruba together?

2 Likes

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by NCP: 8:01am On May 20, 2017
A case of Caretaker Tenant Turned Landlord.
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:46am On May 20, 2017
Its in their blood, why would you kill someone who took care of you and gave you a place to sleep? Evil

1 Like

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 8:52am On May 20, 2017
hammer6:

Which part of history did u hear Igbo and Fulani?

Abeg, carry ur Yoruba, Hausa and Fulani marriage dey go.

In fact, which part of History did u hear Igbo and Yoruba together?
mtwww dis one not ok
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 8:52am On May 20, 2017
NCP:
A case of Caretaker Tenant Turned Landlord.
very evil
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 8:53am On May 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Its in their blood, why would you kill someone who took care of you and gave you a place to sleep? Evil
very evil...
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by FiftyFifty(m): 3:30pm On May 20, 2017
Sorry, can u pls tell us more about ds so-called "History Book" u sourced ds trash from? I mean the book's name, author, publishers, year of publication, among others. This balderdash is in contrast with what we read in Historical books written here & abroad by d likes of A. Smith, O. Alade, Ibn Batuta, G. Harrison, W. Gidado, among others.

1 Like

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 4:22pm On May 20, 2017
FiftyFifty:
Sorry, can u pls tell us more about ds so-called "History Book" u sourced ds trash from? I mean the book's name, author, publishers, year of publication, among others. This balderdash is in contrast with what we read in Historical books written here & abroad by d likes of A. Smith, O. Alade, Ibn Batuta, G. Harrison, W. Gidado, among others.
mak a research boy

1 Like

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by ElsonMorali: 4:32pm On May 20, 2017
Well OP, you're partially right. The Fulani was only able to take Ilorin because of the prolonged civil war among Yorubas. That divided them and weakened them as Well. The Afonja turned to the Fulanis for help in defeating his brothers. They killed him, took over his throne and started advancing South with the intent of conquering the Yorubas .

The Ibadan warriors gave them a resounding defeat and sent them packing.

Throughout history, the Fulanis are a very proud people and they believe they are a superior race.

This has caused all manner of problems for th's Nigerian state.

When they say power must return to the North, they invariably mean power must return to the Fulanis.

Yar'Adua was Fulani, Buhari is Fulani. Get my drift? The Hausas are just a willing tool in their hands.

6 Likes

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 20, 2017
FiftyFifty:

can you point out the part that is in conflict with your books?
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by FiftyFifty(m): 5:27pm On May 20, 2017
schoolboij:

can you point out the part that is in conflict with your books?
Everything. And, not my "books" pls. History Books.
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by FiftyFifty(m): 5:33pm On May 20, 2017
weyabcom:
mak a research boy
Research or "research" toddler?
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by Biggie225(m): 5:38pm On May 20, 2017
afonja

3 Likes

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 5:39pm On May 20, 2017
FiftyFifty:

Research or "research" toddler?
research mbe grin

1 Like

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by weyabcom: 5:42pm On May 20, 2017
ElsonMorali:
Well OP, you're partially right. The Fulani was only able to take Ilorin because of the prolonged civil war among Yorubas. That divided them and weakened them as Well. The Afonja turned to the Fulanis for help in defeating his brothers. They killed him, took over his throne and started advancing South with the intent of conquering the Yorubas .

The Ibadan warriors gave them a resounding defeat and sent them packing.

Throughout history, the Fulanis are a very proud people and they believe they are a superior race.

This has caused all manner of problems for th's Nigerian state.

When they say power must return to the North, they invariably mean power must return to the Fulanis.

Yar'Adua was Fulani, Buhari is Fulani. Get my drift? The Hausas are just a willing tool in their hands.
kudos u mak sense also... Yorubas hav to do all posible to regain ilorin image

3 Likes

Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 20, 2017
FiftyFifty:

post the excerpts from the history books and let's compare.
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 20, 2017
FiftyFifty:

ffk is no longer holding any position in pdp either.
Re: History: How Peacefully Fulanis Rewarded Hausas And Yorubas by BrutalJab: 8:20pm On May 20, 2017
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Nnamdi Kanu Lands In Trouble Over UK Citizenship / Igbos Hate Me Because Of What I Did To Them During Biafra War And I Will Do It A / How Buhari Will Perform In The 6 Geopolitical Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.