Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully (25597 Views)

There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. / We Will Never Leave Anambra State, Hausa Community Vows / VP Osinbajo With The Hausa Community In Lagos. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
We Live In Peace With Our Hosts, Says Hausa Community In Nnewi But Have Two Issues

The Hausa Community in Nnewi is desperately in need of its own market and burial ground, where members can do their business and bury their dead loved ones.

The community, which has existed in Nnewi since the early 1970s, said apart from the two issues, they are happy and living peacefully with their host community.

The Chief of Hausa community in Nnewi, Alhaji Mohammed Diya said the indigenes of Nnewi have been friendly with them in everything, but have not been able to meet their demands for land where they can establish their own market and burial ground.

“Hausa people living in Nnewi are many and we are not happy because we do not have a market that is called Hausa market. A market where we can bring cattle, bags of maize and other farm produce and sell. Apart from the issues of market and burial ground, we don’t have any problem with the people here. They are very friendly and accommodating.

According to him, Hausa businessmen are interested in bringing cattle, goats and different farm produce to sell to the people, which would be for the benefit of both Nnewi and Hausa people.

“We are many here and we have our mosque where we have worshipped since 1972. If they give us land, after some time they will collect it back because they said in Igbo land, land belongs to families and not government. If any of our members dies here, the corpse is taken to Awka for burial. We have met with the Igwe of Nnewi, HRM Igwe Orizu, and he has been promising us all these years and we are still expecting him to fulfill the promise.

I have been in Nnewi since 1973. The person that brought me here was Alhaji Bello Sambo; he lived in this compound and died here. One Idrisu became the second chief of Hausa community and when he died, I became the third chief. I am still here where they lived and died,” he stated.

“I speak Igbo language very well; the only thing is that I cannot write Igbo. My daughter Fatima came first in Igbo language   here in Nnewi at the Women Development Centre.”

The Secretary of Hausa Community in Nnewi, Mr. Sali Suleiman, who also spoke with Daily Trust, reiterated that they are living well with their host community.

“We have been requesting for a plot of land to establish our own market since we are not into the business of motor parts. We have been making this request since the old Anambra State, when I had not even come to Nnewi. We have written to so many governors even before Anambra State was created. We will continue to make the request. May be one day, we will get the land to do our own business.

“During the military regime of Col. Rufai Garba, a plot of land was allocated to us for a market but, along the line, some people came up and said that government does not own land in Nnewi and so does not have the right to give out family land to anybody.  Since we do not want problems with our landlords, we did not protest,” he said.

Suleiman dismissed fears of disagreement or conflicts of any kind with the natives. “The IPOB issue is not in any way disturbing us and anyone who tells you that the IPOB is affecting us here is lying. We do not have any challenges with the people here; we are living peacefully with them. I have been in Nnewi for 34 years and we have not had any major issue with the indigenes,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/we-live-peacefully-with-our-hosts-says-hausa-community-in-nnewi.html?fbclid=IwAR2kHzr4iuBqbyAtQbN-RsOMkELtRMDc78g-Q4fNSUKqIAy6pbBLDdYjXdU

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 05, 2019
Afugom na ekene a agafela nku aka nke ichozi ana.

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by amaniro: 10:31pm On Apr 05, 2019
They should share market with their host and they should send the dead back to its original land undecidedThats how we do it in Igbo land.

237 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Chipink(f): 10:54pm On Apr 05, 2019
But yorubas(aka)afonjas said IGBOS don't accommodate others?
AFONJAS are born liars

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by LadySarah: 11:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
Except to look for trouble,the IGBO man sends his kinsman's corpse home for burial Or pays at a cemetary.
That was Why Town hall unions started so your ppl can know the welfare of Their kin.
I think on the land issue for mkt,hmm,everybody is just being careful.HasAnyone preventedYou from selling livestock in the current mkt You are in?

IGBO ama eze,Those kings You are running to have no power over lands in igboland.Meet the families that owns the land not the king.

Igbos have been known to destroy gods that have outlived Their usefulness,ofoziekwa kings installed by them

175 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Bede2u(m): 12:25am On Apr 06, 2019
LadySarah:
Except to look for trouble,the IGBO man sends his kinsman's corpse home for burial Or pays at a cemetary.
That was Why Town hall unions started.
I think on the land issue for mkt,hmm,everybody is just being careful.HasAnyone preventedYou from selling livestock in the current mkt You are in?

IGBO ama eze,Those kings You are running to have no power over lands in igboland.Meet the families that owns the land not the king.

Igbos have been known to destroy gods that have outlived Their usefulness,ofoziekwa kings installed by them
our people have a saying that when an oracle starts misbehaving, he will be shown the tree it was carved from. That was wat happened to Akpabio...and that is wat will happen to any leader who gives out igbo land to fulanis for cattle ranching

However I appreciate the enterprise of the hausa community. The New artisan market along Enu-ph express is an hausa market...we have not had any problem with them. U can go there and do anything...or buy anything and even Bleep their nyarinyas in their hijab for 500 naira.

Nnewi should gv them 2 plots for burial ground at 3 million each if they can afford it...and a market of about 10 plots at same price...then ensure that a local vigilante is set up there to monitor their activities. We need to do these things for the north as a sign of good faith. They are the one tribe outside igbos who invest a lot in igboland...and we want them to continue and we want them to accomodate our traders up north too.

Shalom ¥

171 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by enemybulldozer(m): 12:34am On Apr 06, 2019
Land kwa?? I think you guys are not serious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by chris31(m): 12:41am On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Afugom na ekene a agafela nku aka nke ichozi ana.
Gbanu ha nkiti ka ha na akoegheri

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 06, 2019
hmm
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 4:51am On Apr 06, 2019
Well, maybe try the approach of buying from the owners, am sure u would find much more.

9 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by donttouchme: 4:57am On Apr 06, 2019
Nnewi people are too stingy. If the hausa community needs land, they better look for money and buy them.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by izombie(m): 5:45am On Apr 06, 2019
I am still looking around nigeria to see where igbos were given free lands for the markets we have all over nigeria. These people are always looking for handouts. Igbos go to lands and buy lands for their business but when you come to igbo land you want us to give you free land. Won't work. Just bring out the money and nnewi community will sell the land to you, period.

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 5:47am On Apr 06, 2019
Bede2u:
our people have a saying that when an oracle starts misbehaving, he will be shown the tree it was carved from. That was wat happened to Akpabio...and that is wat will happen to any leader who gives out igbo land to fulanis for cattle ranching

However I appreciate the enterprise of the hausa community. The New artisan market along Enu-ph express is an hausa market...we have not had any problem with them. U can go there and do anything...or buy anything and even Bleep their nyarinyas in their hijab for 500 naira.

Nnewi should gv them 2 plots for burial ground at 3 million each if they can afford it...and a market of about 10 plots at same price...then ensure that a local vigilante is set up there to monitor their activities. We need to do these things for the north as a sign of good faith. They are the one tribe outside igbos who invest a lot in igboland...and we want them to continue and we want them to accomodate our traders up north too.

Shalom ¥

Hausa fulani have over ran enugu and u want them to. Over run nnewi.

What a wicked advice from u.....Imagine.

I have said this that our neighbouring states don't like us.....our downfall gives them joy but God pass una.

9 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by helinues: 6:16am On Apr 06, 2019
Market agreed.
Demanding for burial ground? Sounds awkward
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Hausa fulani have over ran enugu and u want them to. Over run nnewi.

What a wicked advice from u.....Imagine.

I have said this that our neighbouring states don't like us.....our downfall gives them joy but God pass una.
From the little I have read I think I understand what the issue, and I think you are mad

Your type give you ibo people a bad name
[img]https://media1./images/d503cd8458a5fa29c5be26b9fc7046ba/tenor.gif?itemid=8287629[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 06, 2019
LiveByNight:

From the little I have read I think I understand what the issue, and I think you are mad

Your type give you ibo people a bad name
[img]https://media1./images/d503cd8458a5fa29c5be26b9fc7046ba/tenor.gif?itemid=8287629[/img]

Give them the remaining land in enugu state, we don't have free land in nnewi.

10 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Propsvilla(m): 7:02am On Apr 06, 2019
Hausas are living happily and peacefully in Igbo Land only that they don't invest there
But I am still finding it difficult to understand while Yorubas are avoiding South East like a man that has Leprosy.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 06, 2019
donttouchme:
Nnewi people are too stingy. If the hausa community needs land, they better look for money and buy them.

U beg money dem no give u, dat makes them stingy.

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Give them the remaining land in enugu state, we don't have free land in nnewi.

I am.not ibo this is an ibo issue , I just wanted to point out that you are very mad that's all

14 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Kingspin(m): 7:33am On Apr 06, 2019
You leave in peace in the East but we leave in deaths in the North.

What a good stupid country people.

Let me see any lazy idiot who will attack the East.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Kendumazy(m): 7:39am On Apr 06, 2019
The burial ground request is funny. They should adopt igbo culture on that and send their dead ones back home to bury.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/4972442/clearance-sales-quality-8gb-atm

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by mushystuff: 7:49am On Apr 06, 2019
LiveByNight:

I am.not ibo this is an ibo issue , I just wanted to point out that you are very mad that's all

Even that thing you've been quoting isn't Igbo either. Just one of the silly trolls on NL that tries in vain to pitch one Eastern state against another just to promote that tired narrative of division and lack of unity among Igbos.

29 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by tribalistseun: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2019
Bede2u:

Shalom ¥

It's like you've not been to Nnewi before. Nnewi is too tight. It's not possible to see empty space in Nnewi now. Maybe it would've been possible in that 1973 obviously not now. Every corner and space are all shops and houses. And their dead body should be sent home for burial. SE is not a cemetary, Aboki should transport their dead body to their village.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by tribalistseun: 7:54am On Apr 06, 2019
Propsvilla:
Hausas are living happily and peacefully in Igbo Land only that they don't invest there
But I am still finding it difficult to understand while Yorubas are avoiding South East like a man that has Leprosy.
yorubas are not born into entrepreneurship. So it will be difficult to see a Yoruba man leaving he's comfort zone in Oshogbo to go do trade in Onitsha or Aba

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nwaotu10(m): 8:02am On Apr 06, 2019
There's no space in nnewi as of now. Everywhere is filled with market and house. They should send their dead ones back to their hometown for burials, that's how we Igbo's do it. As of the market, they can share the nkwo market with nnewi traders only if they can afford the shop price.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 06, 2019
LiveByNight:

And I will continue to be mad, we no get free land....

U can invite them to wherever u come from and dash them land.

6 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Earthquake2: 8:02am On Apr 06, 2019
helinues:
Market agreed.
Demanding for burial ground? Sounds awkward

Why are you agreeing, are you from Nnewi?

10 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 06, 2019
tribalistseun:

It's like you've not been to Nnewi before. Nnewi is too tight. It's not possible to see empty space in Nnewi now. Maybe it would've been possible in that 1973 obviously not now. Every corner and space are all shops and houses. And their dead body should be sent home for burial.

Please tell dem...

Is like he doesn't know.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 06, 2019
amaniro:
They should share market with their host and they should send the dead back to its original land undecidedThats how we do it in Igbo land.
Who are the host? Nobody hosting anyone in Nigeria my friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by nwanyionitsha: 8:08am On Apr 06, 2019
amaniro:
Was also wondering which market they use presently and why they can't remain there.

17 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by nwanyionitsha: 8:11am On Apr 06, 2019
Bede2u:

Shalom ¥
Did they tell you they want to pay for the land?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi At Town Hall Meeting In Akwa Ibom (Video) / Osun Poll: See Why The Candidacy Of Adeoti/adeolu May Be The Best For Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.