Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges (19974 Views)

Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges / Man Rocks Long Skirt And Handbag To Bank (PHOTOS) / Explaining The New Bank Charges, Lending And Deposit Rates Announced By The CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by emeksdonalds(m): 7:35am On May 20, 2017
What have we done to this EMIEFELE of a thing? He never brings out policies that would favor masses. Charges if u use ur ATM to withdraw from another bank ATM was stopped and he introduced it back to 60naira if u use it more than 3 times with another bank. Then this card maintenance charge was dropped before from monthly 100 naira to annually 100, now he's bringing back... why can't this country ever go forward? We keep going back to lick our shit which we left years back... I WEEP FOR NIGERIA... They better do something about this guy now cos he's just a bad influence to the system... just my humble 2 cents opinion though

8 Likes

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by Ehismelvin1(m): 7:35am On May 20, 2017
This is anoda way of banks stealin frm customers.ders no need fo ds mehn.

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by remany: 7:36am On May 20, 2017
This is just senseless. I was charged #105 as card maintenance but I don't have an ATM card for that particular bank account. So which card are they maintaining?

3 Likes

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by kings09(m): 7:41am On May 20, 2017
Cc sarrki, madridguy, omenkalives n Femi adesina
Infinitikoncept:
But why is CBN brainless? To withdraw on counter na war, we paid 1k for card now you want to collect #600 per year to maintain a #1000 card either I use it or not for transaction. Its time to deactivate ATM card for all other useless bank in my possession.
Seriously this government is all about stealing from Nigerians with only empty unfulfilled promises to show for it. From the senile president lambasting past administration for medical tourism outside the country to budgeting money for ten federal hospitals to his own clinic only to get sick and spend tax payer's money for medical tourism outside the country and till date he won't give full transparency on amount spent because the money belongs to his great grand father
Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by CONFAMA: 7:43am On May 20, 2017
That Emefiele is the worst CBN Governor ever... But Igbos would be quick to blame the finance minister

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by takenadoh: 7:43am On May 20, 2017
If we are paying for maintenance charges for the cards and ATM why do banks now charge us 65 Naira after the third withdrawal that also should be reversed with immediate effect.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by Ijaya123: 7:45am On May 20, 2017
Aburi001:
Wait a minute, is this Bubu administration doing this to alleviate the suffering of the masses or adding more salt into the already salted injuries

We need the services of Okonjo Iwealla and Soludo to serve as special advisers to this Government. Else, Buhari will continue putting round pegs into square holes sad

That means Godwin Emeifele is a very wrong choice.

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by adeoba2008(m): 7:47am On May 20, 2017
I cant still understand the basis for these useless bank charges.

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by tivta(m): 7:49am On May 20, 2017
dingbang:
If we don't pay our taxes through these means, how will the federal government carry out projects?

You are obviously being feed by someone, what a stupid thing to say. What has the government done with the money it has? Paying fat salaries to politicians, shame on you. Come how old are you sef?

3 Likes

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by Krystalzkris(f): 7:50am On May 20, 2017
I have only 2k in my account.. Where dam was collect am from.. I'm going to deactivate my debit cards.. Which kind nonsense be this

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by Xeedorf: 7:51am On May 20, 2017
Dear customer, CBN has blocked your ATM DEBIT CARD due to incomplete BVN registration, contact our customer care on 09060426720

Noting CBN do for this kind of a thing Xpt..... God will judge Emefiele soon watch
Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by sammykari99(m): 7:53am On May 20, 2017
This government are so clueless.
Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by Awoo88: 7:54am On May 20, 2017
e bi like say the idiot for CBN follow get the company when dey runs dis ATM card business

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by vikstandon(m): 7:58am On May 20, 2017
What is it, am not taxed....
I go to the mall, after making payment am charged VAT.
Every month the bank charges me enormously for SMS, Account maintenance charge, VAT.
I use USSD the bank charges me...
I make a cardless withdrawal and am charged, even with VAT
I use card in third party ATM, am charged for doing that.
I use my primary bank ATM, am charged Card Maintenance with the payment shifting from annual charge of #100 to #600 with VAT.

I collect my salary, am been charged PAYE...
I use water, I pay TAX
I use light I pay tax...

All na on top this little income of mine...

I keep the remnant for bank...they keep stealing from it, with #1-#5-#100 disappearing on every transaction.

Complain about it, they give u long process of going about the claim...you get tired and forget it.

Sometimes they charge twice for the same thing...they say it was computer error, network error...telling u how tech isn't perfect. If u insist on reverting the money back, my brother ur ink go finish for writing, and you spend more on transport coming to the bank to rectify that...you are left with no option than to forget about it.
#GTBank, FIRSTBank...You are guilty as charged.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by Stylz69(m): 7:59am On May 20, 2017
It's all indirect taxation. They increase the bank earnings through all these charges and then get more tax in this increased earnings.
Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by ogundeleai(m): 8:00am On May 20, 2017
Infinitikoncept:
But why is CBN brainless? To withdraw on counter na war, we paid 1k for card now you want to collect #600 per year to maintain a #1000 card either I use it or not for transaction. Its time to deactivate ATM card for all other useless bank in my possession.
Seriously this government is all about stealing from Nigerians with only empty unfulfilled promises to show for it. From the senile president lambasting past administration for medical tourism outside the country to budgeting money for ten federal hospitals to his own clinic only to get sick and spend tax payer's money for medical tourism outside the country and till date he won't give full transparency on amount spent because the money belongs to his great grand father

Except drastic measure is put in place this Emefiole led CBN management team will sniffle lives of downtrodden Nigerians... Even now option of email alert has now been cancelled... Everyone must subscribe to SMS alert and pay 4 naira for relevant and irrelevant notification from Bank

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by ugbarreta(m): 8:00am On May 20, 2017
dingbang:
If we don't pay our taxes through these means, how will the federal government carry out projects? Shatap there!! Come to think of it, how does CBN maintain this cards? Cos me I don't even know how the do it that we should pay exorbitantly like this. This CBN keeps coming up with useless policies at the detriment of the masses. Anyway, I hope people a still saying baba? I warned against these in 2015. #Therealcluelessgovernment

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by kings09(m): 8:02am On May 20, 2017
U won't see dem in dis kind of thread. Sarrki, madridguy, ipobexposed, antiwailer, omenkalives, ngeneukwenu, seunmsg make una come oo
Sultanchidi:
APC administration always bringing up policies that wil end d hope of the masses, BMC come and defend ur pay masters

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by just2endowed: 8:02am On May 20, 2017
vikstandon:
What is it, am not taxed....
I go to the mall, after making payment am charged VAT.
Every month the bank charges me enormously for SMS, Account maintenance charge, VAT.
I use USSD the bank charges me...
I make a cardless withdrawal and am charged, even with VAT
I use card in third party ATM, am charged for doing that.
I use my primary bank ATM, am charged Card Maintenance with the payment shifting from annual charge of #100 to #600 with VAT.

I collect my salary, am been charged PAYE...
I use water, I pay TAX
I use light I pay tax...

All na on top this little income of mine...

I keep the remnant for bank...they keep stealing from it, with #1-#5-#100 disappearing on every transaction.

Complain about it, they give u long process of going about the claim...you get tired and forget it.

Sometimes they charge twice for the same thing...they say it was computer error, network error...telling u how tech isn't perfect. If u insist on reverting the money back, my brother ur ink go finish for writing, and you spend more on transport coming to the bank to rectify that...you are left with no option than to forget about it.
#GTBank, FIRSTBank...You are guilty as charged.

Well I collected my money from Ecobank when I was charged twice after reporting to their head office with glaring proof.

It took me 3 months though.

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by AtlanticBreeze: 8:06am On May 20, 2017
what is wrong with this capitalist emefiele? He was the one that introduced N65 charges on ATM, will this 600 monthly also come with 65 ATM charges? Time for emefiele to go

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by cooldood(m): 8:08am On May 20, 2017
Some of us have said it before and will keep saying it for the umpteen time - Emefiele is not fit for the role of CBN. I gave two reasons few years ago:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by emeksdonalds(m): 8:09am On May 20, 2017
MY people, MY people..... Our president is sick.... Your 600 naira is part of duty as contribution to the treatment of our president.... Naija my country.. CBN has finished the common man

2 Likes

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by bilulu(m): 8:10am On May 20, 2017
dingbang:
If we don't pay our taxes through these means, how will the federal government carry out projects?

d ones u ve been paying wetin dem don use am do

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by Nobody: 8:16am On May 20, 2017
dingbang:

which stupid projects, the invisible ones abi? despite how much i am being taxed, yet there is nothing an average Nigerian gain from the government. i give my self electricity, i build my rd, i spend more on car maintenance due to bad rd on all angle, tnx to government incompetence, and so on. I was once in Australia and i discovered that despite the tax, the citizens enjoy a very fair life, infact owning a house, car, was no big deal but here in nigeria the reverse is the case. The gospel truth is that in this godforsaken country, the poor and average Nigerians are being taxed heavily just to sustain the political class, and u r here talking about imaginary projects. Emefiele is an incompetent and confused diick while Nigeria is a failed nation!

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by godunia(m): 8:21am On May 20, 2017
Another product of Jonathan's administration. One down, soon this will go. when he is eventually sacked, nobody should come here to express sentiment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by charlesucheh(m): 8:23am On May 20, 2017
Infinitikoncept:
OMO! You dey Vex o! Just dey express yourself without remorse!!!
Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by cooldood(m): 8:26am On May 20, 2017
Some of us have said it before and will repeat it for the umpteenth time, Emefiele is not fit for the role of CBN for two reasons:

1) Emefiele is one of the biggest shareholders in Zenith Bank (with shares in billions of units), therefore, Emefiele will not open his korokoro eyes and allow his bank's profit to reduce, rather he will protect his interest till he dies, its common sense

2) Nigeria is at a time when CBN's policy must become super-friendly to small scale businesses (MSMEs) to drive wealth creation and reduce unemployment drastically, but we all know that Zenith Bank is not a bank for small businesses, Zenith is fully a Corporate/ Institutional Bank. Therefore, if you are going to be stupid to make a Bank M.D as the CBN Governor, you should be only a little stupid enough to know that Zenith Bank's MD is not the right person for the role.

Serious nations US appoint the Federal Reserve's Chair from outside the Banking Industry (Yellen Janet, the current Chair is an example, Bernanke the past Chair, is another), Mark Carney came from Canada to become the Governor of BoE-Bank of England, he didnt emerge from their banking industry.

Nigeria have Bismark Rewane, Henry Boyo, Pat Utomi, why not pick a genuinely patrotic Economic expert outside the confines of the Banks, with little to no major shareholdings in a Bank (just like Charles Soludo)

Again, it was deliberate by Nigerian Political Actors, to keep their looting spree safe and intact, just incase. #9jaisgoingnowhereIswear!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by Nobody: 8:26am On May 20, 2017
dingbang:

What have they been doing with the one we've been paying?

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by emaraide: 8:32am On May 20, 2017
dingbang:

do u know that Nigerians are over taxed. And nothing good to show for all this numerous taxes...

1 Like

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by UjSizzle(f): 8:38am On May 20, 2017
Can you imagine the rubbish. First you introduce the #65 charge on every 3rd withdrawal monthly. Then you brought #50 stamp duty charge. Now it's #50 card maintenance charge monthly.

How again are banks in Nigeria useful to us please? I'd be better off keeping my money in the house.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by Archangels2(m): 8:42am On May 20, 2017
I understand the pain we are all feeling about this but the truth is that this charge on d ATM is necessary. Reason being, Its expensive to have and keep an ATM machine running. Its cost funds to keep them on, it costs funds to fill them up with cash and its also costs funds to continue monitoring them to make sure that they provide hitch free services.

Peeps are complaining that the charge of #60 is too much, we are forgetting that the price of everything has gone up and these institutions have salaries to pay undecided..

Things are hard for everyone we are in d mess together
Re: CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges by yinkslinks(m): 8:44am On May 20, 2017
I am not understanding but let them just take what they want and leave my balance for me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Group Sponsors Nigerians To India To Understudy Refinery Operations / Old Naira Notes: No Extension, January 31 Deadline Stands — CBN / Buy 9Mobile 1GB(150), Airtel(297), MTN(281) & Glo(240)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.