Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? (23786 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by almarthins(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
Peacefullove:

Pastor , Kindly answer these: is the rich man and Lazarus story , a story about some immaterial spirits?

waiting for your reply

The story was nt a parable but a real event that happened.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by daamazing(m): 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2017
victorDanladi:
...yes they do.The giver of soul may decide to deactivate their soul from existing totally like their body is deactivated by you.You only have power over the chickens and dogs body not their soul.

so,practically,their souls are deactivated.Why?.....Because God doesn't give them the brain,a well developed cerebral cortex,to understand instructions,religion formula etc they will not be held responsible for......... .
This is the dumbest shii I've heard since the beginning of this weekend!
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by victorDanladi: 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
daamazing:
lolz.....this your response is the most stupid i've heard this year.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by daamazing(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
victorDanladi:
lolz.....this your response is the most stupid i've heard this year.
Is there any scripture you can to back up your facts or its just mere philosophy?
I'm referring to your post where I first quoted ya
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by victorDanladi: 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
daamazing:
Is there any scripture you can to back up your facts or its just mere philosophy?
I'm referring to your post where I first quoted ya

I dont like quoting scriptures when discussing with atheist.Religious formula can be understood logically.

By the way,if he believes in the scripture and its explanation,he wouldn't be atheist in the first place.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by daamazing(m): 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
victorDanladi:

I dont like quoting scriptures when discussing with atheist.Religious formula can be understood logically.

By the way,if he believes in the scripture and its explanation,he wouldn't be atheist in the first place.

I asked you a direct question, you're calling me an atheist. What's your premise for saying so? In short, it's please don't reply me again.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Peacefullove: 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
almarthins:

The story was nt a parable but a real event that happened.

And who ask if its a parable ?

Your religiously programmed mindset won't allow you digest questions properly before you reply. once again,

Pastor , Kindly answer these: is the rich man and
Lazarus story , a story about some immaterial
spirits?

waiting for your reply

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by hostlink: 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
JEHOVAH WITNESS IS DESTRUCTIVE GROUP OF PEOPLE WITH WRONG TEACHING. GOVERNMENT SUPPOSE TO BANNED THEM IN OPERATION. THE GROUP HAVE NO CONTRIBUTION TO NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by victorDanladi: 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
daamazing:

I asked you a direct question, you're calling me an atheist. What's your premise for saying so? In short, it's please don't reply me again.
The same way you tagged my humble reply as dumbest shiit.

Never will I reply such an arrogant again after the display of arrogance.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Cutestud(m): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
jonbellion:
lool
I'm an atheist smiley
So I see religion for the joke it is
The way people now say they're atheist like its a chieftaincy title and everyone had better noticed. Charlie, you have to believe first before u can believe in the belief that God doesn't exist (for lack of a better way to put it)
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Peacefullove: 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
crownbayo:

l called a people like you baby in Christianity because you still need milk, is better you go and throw away that your Bible, so it not mislead you, because it ll not pay u

Douay rheims Bible is Way Older than You are grin grin , and its one of the most recognized Bible over there.

Simply shows you don't know anything about the topic at hand.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by daamazing(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
hostlink:
JEHOVAH WITNESS IS DESTRUCTIVE GROUP OF PEOPLE WITH WRONG TEACHING. GOVERNMENT SUPPOSE TO BANNED THEM IN OPERATION. THE GROUP HAVE NO CONTRIBUTION TO NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
my advice for you is;
First, enroll in a primary school near you to learn how to control your English better and how to use 'Title caps, All caps,'... Etc
Lastly, I know you Lotta churches who've contributed at least a quota to the county's national development. Just please keep it to yourself!

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by almarthins(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
Peacefullove:

And who ask if its a parable ?

Your religiously programmed mindset won't allow you digest questions properly before you reply. once again,

Pastor , Kindly answer these: is the rich man and
Lazarus story , a story about some immaterial
spirits?

waiting for your reply

Perhaps, u shld rephrase ur question. If go by d word 'immaterial' or if I understand the word correctly, it means having no matter or irrelevance. How can u call it irrelevant spirits.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Peacefullove: 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
daamazing:

grin grin grin
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Peacefullove: 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
almarthins:

Perhaps, u shld rephrase ur question. If go by d word 'immaterial' or if I understand the word correctly, it means having no matter or irrelevance. How can u call it irrelevant spirits.

immaterial /ɪməˈtɪərɪəl/
adjective

1. unimportant under the circumstances;
irrelevant.

2. spiritual, rather than physical.

So answer my question now, the bold is what I mean.

Is the said Story about some immaterial Spirits ?
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by achorladey: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
victorDanladi:

That same person that made you exist from non existence will make you b exist after your death if he likes.
If the person makes you exist after dying from the last line of your post, are you still dead or now alive? The point of discussion is ''dead''.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by achorladey: 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
victorDanladi:

The one who sins is the one who will die. The child
will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the
parent share the guilt of the child. The
righteousness of the righteous will be credited to
them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be
charged against them.
Ezekiel 18:20

The death used here is metaphorical....it means when a doer of good die physically here on earth it is more or less like it is still living considering his status before the Lord in heaven.However,the sinner will die and re-die while in hell fire.
Matthew 10:28 comes to mind, what do you think Hell mean, and is the soul deactivated HERE (HELL) or not?

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by almarthins(m): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
Peacefullove:

immaterial /ɪməˈtɪərɪəl/
adjective

irrelevant.

I believe I have answered question before but it seems u new to it. It is the story about two 2 men with different societal status. One is rich, the other is poor. The Bible specifically mentioned d name of the poor man as Lazarus. D name of the other was nt stated. I am nt so good with story telling.Pls read book of Luke 16
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Ken4Christ: 7:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
Peacefullove:

immaterial /ɪməˈtɪərɪəl/
adjective

irrelevant.

The spirit and the soul of man is even more real than the physical man because that part of man is the real man. The physical man cannot live without the spirit man but the spirit man can live without the physical man. The only thing is that the physical man cannot make contact with those in the realms of the spirit unless by revelation.

So, the rich man and Lazarus are still living till date but the former in torment while the latter in bliss of paradise. They are both conscious of the life they lived on earth.

The story of the rich man and Lazarus is a true life story. You had better believe it. Hell is real and it's a dreadful place no one should think of going. But Jesus died for you so you don't need to go there. If you receive him as your Lord and personal Saviour and walk in the light of God’s word, you will not go there. The choice is yours.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by ProfChris10(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
The arguments are not necessary, One things is sure, death is an inevitable end to all. The most shocking thing is coming to the consciousness of an after life after death for those who doubt it. Ask those who has gone through near death experience. It's simple, Just believe and accept Jesus as your saviour. He is the only one that can save you. It's a choice though. But I pray the truth shines unto you. I have seen the reality of the spiritual. I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Maximus85(m): 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
oneolajire:
Why are Jehovah Witnesses afraid of hell/lake of fire?

Each time you tell a JW member that God will send sinners to hell/lake of fire, they protest as if Jesus didn't talk about it. 

They ask "can you send people to hell if they are your family members"?  They quote Jer 32 vs 35 to defend themselves. 

But the question is, did God allow Sodom and Gomorah to be destroyed by fire? Did God destroy the world during the days of Noah? If yes, God can and will make sinners perish in hell/lake of fire

Matt 25 vs 41 Jesus talks about those whom hell/everlasting fire was originally designed for. Rev 20 vs 15 tells us some humans too will go to lake of fire. 

So why are Jw's taking Jesus for a liar? What are they afraid of? They should stop peddling lies and accept Jesus as their saviour if they don't want to end up in hell/lake of fire.

For more on the LIES of JW's read my write -up by following the link below 

https://www.nairaland.com/3328303/16-terrible-lies-jehovah-witnesses

Lol, Oya clap for yourself. At least you have said something just because you have to.

We agree their is Lake of fire. But hell fire is a big lie. Lake of fire is not hell fire. There is hell which means to Hide or to cover. That was why Jesus went there when he died.. He was buried. Job, a righteous man prayed to go to hell. If hell is a place of torment, would Job pray to go there?

Is that lake of fire mentioned in that Revelation 20:15 figurative or literal?
Please let's see what the same Revelation 20:14 says "And death and the grave were hurled into the lake of fire." How is this possible if the lake of fire is literal?
See the Concluding part of that verse, "This means the second death, the lake of fire." Oga Op, you are not worthy of this knowledge of God if you continue like this. You will read but your mind eye will be blinded by Satan.

This thing is very easy to understand. Satan has always wanted mankind to see God as wicked and you've made yourself a tool to that.

If Adam and Eve didn't get everlasting fire punishment, how come we, that inherited sin will now be punished for sins we commit for less than 100years with everlasting fire? I thought you said you're worshiping a God of Justice.

If you don't know what the first and the second death is.... You will never understand anything in this topic of the lake of fire and what it stands for.
But I will tell you that it's figurative.

I'm waiting for you.

Hit me up. My Bible is right here with me. It's our authority to preach.

Pls don't run away.

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Maximus85(m): 10:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ken4Christ:

The spirit and the soul of man is even more real than the physical man because that part of man is the real man. The physical man cannot live without the spirit man but the spirit man can live without the physical man. The only thing is that the physical man cannot make contact with those in the realms of the spirit unless by revelation.

So, the rich man and Lazarus are still living till date but the former in torment while the latter in bliss of paradise. They are both conscious of the life they lived on earth.

The story of the rich man and Lazarus is a true life story. You had better believe it. Hell is real and it's a dreadful place no one should think of going. But Jesus died for you so you don't need to go there. If you receive him as your Lord and personal Saviour and walk in the light of God’s word, you will not go there. The choice is yours.

Chaiiiii.... Jesus used that as an illustration, Oga it's not a real story. Hell is real, but hell fire is a fat lie

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by g4gerald: 11:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
joyandfaith:

hell fire is different from lake of fire. hell fire is not in Bible. lake of fire means second dead. hell is another word for grave.

The lake of fire is a symbol of eternal destruction. It is the same as Gehenna, but it is different from hell, which is the common grave of mankind.
Not a literal lake
The five Bible verses that mention “the lake of fire” show it to be a symbol rather than a literal lake. ( Revelation 19:20; 20:10, 14, 15; 21:8 ) The following are cast into the lake of fire:
The Devil. ( Revelation 20:10 ) As a spirit creature, the Devil cannot be harmed by literal fire.
—Exodus 3:2; Judges 13:20 .
Death. ( Revelation 20:14 ) This is not a literal entity but represents a state of inactivity, the absence of life . ( Ecclesiastes 9:10 ) Death cannot literally be burned.
“The wild beast” and “the false prophet.” ( Revelation 19:20 ) Since these are symbols, doesn’t it seem reasonable to conclude that the lake they are thrown into is also a symbol?
—Revelation 13:11, 12; 16:13 .
A symbol of eternal destruction
The Bible says that the lake of fire “means the second death.” ( Revelation 20:14; 21:8 ) The first kind of death mentioned in the Bible resulted from Adam’s sin. This death can be reversed by resurrection and will eventually be eliminated by God.— 1 Corinthians 15:21, 22, 26 .
The lake of fire represents a different, or second, kind of death. Although it too represents a state of total inactivity, it is different in that the Bible says nothing about a resurrection from the second death. For example, the Bible says that Jesus has “the keys of hell and of death,” showing that he has the authority to release people from the death brought by Adam’s sin. ( Revelation 1:18; 20:13 ,
King James Version) However, neither Jesus nor anyone else has a key to the lake of fire. That symbolic lake represents eternal punishment in the form of permanent destruction.—
2 Thessalonians 1:9 .
Identical to Gehenna, the Valley of Hinnom
Gehenna (Greek geʹen·na ) is mentioned 12 times in the Bible. Like the lake of fire, it is a symbol of eternal destruction. Although some translations render this word as “hell,” Gehenna is different from hell ( Hebrew sheʼohlʹ, Greek haiʹdes ).
The word “Gehenna” literally means “Valley of Hinnom,” referring to a valley just outside Jerusalem. In Bible times, the city residents used this valley as a garbage dump. They kept a fire constantly burning there to destroy refuse; maggots consumed anything that the fire did not reach.
Jesus used Gehenna as a symbol of everlasting destruction. ( Matthew 23:33 ) He said that in Gehenna “the maggot does not die and the fire is not put out.” ( Mark 9:
47, 48) He thus alluded to the conditions in the Valley of Hinnom and also to the prophecy at Isaiah 66:24 , which says: “They will go out and look on the carcasses of the men who rebelled against me; for the worms on them will not die, and their fire will not be extinguished.” Jesus’ illustration describes, not torture, but complete annihilation. The worms and fire consume carcasses, or dead bodies, not living people.
The Bible gives no indication of any return from Gehenna. “The lake of fire” and “the fiery Gehenna” both represent permanent, everlasting destruction.— Revelation 20:14, 15; 21:8; Matthew 18:9 .
How “tormented day and night forever and ever”?
If the lake of fire is a symbol of destruction, why does the Bible say that in it the Devil, the wild beast, and the false prophet “will be tormented day and night forever and ever”? ( Revelation 20:10 ) Consider four reasons why this torment does not refer to literal torture:
1. For the Devil to be tortured eternally, he would have to be kept alive forever. However, the Bible says that he will be brought to nothing, or put out of existence.— Hebrews 2:
2. Everlasting life is a gift from God, not a punishment.— Romans 6:23 .
3. The wild beast and the false prophet are symbols and cannot experience literal torture.
4. The context of the Bible indicates that the torment of the Devil is everlasting restraint or destruction.
The word used for “torment” in the Bible can also mean “a condition of restraint.” For example, the Greek word for “tormentors” used at Matthew 18:34 is rendered as “jailers” in many translations, showing the connection between the words “torment” and “restraint.” Likewise, the parallel accounts at Matthew 8:29 and Luke 8:30, 31 equate “torment” with “the abyss,” a figurative place of complete inactivity or death. ( Romans 10:7; Revelation 20:1, 3 ) In fact, several times the book of Revelation uses the word “torment” in a symbolic sense.— Revelation 9:5; 11:10; 18:7, 10.
Bros u too much, uv said everything I wanted 2 say, It will shock them dat d word 'hell fire' is not even in d bible.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Maximus85(m): 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
Has anyone ever given this a thought?

Why are Jehovah's Witnesses so different from all other religious groups in the world?

They are just a little above 8,000,000 in the world, how come they are well known all over the world?

Why are their magazines, The Watchtower and Awake the most distributed magazines in the world?

They are the most organized religious group in the entire globe. They preach peace.

A pastor gave his church member a brochure to read when she was having family issues. Guess the brochure the pastor gave her... One of Jehovah's Witnesses publication.

Which of you here didn't read the popular My Book of Bible Stories? Today, all your children know Caleb and Sophia.

If our message is strange, then it's just like in the times of the disciples of Jesus, the message they preached too was strange and because of this, the world hated them. So, if you like hate us and criticize us... Guess what! We will not stop knocking on your doors.

It's a command by our leader Jesus Christ as recorded in Matthew 28:19,20

19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20  teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.

We are condemned to reach. Woe to us if we don't.

3 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Maximus85(m): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
g4gerald:

Bros u too much, uv said everything I wanted 2 say, I will shock them dat d word 'hell fire' is not even in d bible.

Bro, don't be shocked, hellfire is in some of their translations.

If you can lay your hands on this small blue Gideon's Bible they give to students back then. In the ones distributed in the 60's Psalms 83:18 mentioned Jehovah but check the recent ones.... That name has vanished... It's now Lord.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
ProfChris10:
The arguments are not necessary, One things is sure, death is an inevitable end to all. The most shocking thing is coming to the consciousness of an after life after death for those who doubt it. Ask those who has gone through near death experience. It's simple, Just believe and accept Jesus as your saviour. He is the only one that can save you. It's a choice though. But I pray the truth shines unto you. I have seen the reality of the spiritual. I know what I'm talking about.

Wrong, MAN is a composite of the flesh and a life force or 'breath of God'. He/She can only survive as a composite being. After death the breath departs and the process of body decomposition begins.

While it is true that people do have near death or spiritual experiences , these are based more on the occult than actual reality.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by g4gerald: 12:05am On Jun 05, 2017
Stupidity is wen u don't knw and don't even knw dat u knw not. U think u knw d truth yet u knw nothing.
first, u started by combining d word 'Hell' with d word 'lake of fire' thinking they are d same. But u 4got dat even d HELL itself will be cast into d LAKE OF FIRE (Rev 20:14). So do u think they are d same?
Secondly, do u even knw d meaning of d word 'Hell', hv u taken time 2 research d internet on d original meaning of d word 'hell' or u tink d bible is a dictionary. Hv u pondered on why in Rev 20:14 d word 'Hell' was substituted with d word 'Hades' in Amp version, and in NLT it was substituted with d word 'Grave' in dat same verse, yet in KJV its written 'Hell'. Wat if I tell u dat d word 'Hell fire' is not even in d bible.
Jesus Christ who was blameless went 2 hell (Now b4 u tell me he went 2 bring key, ask urself, was dat a physical key? or he went 2 defeat d devil, was it a physical fight?)
Op, u don't knw anything, u think its jst by reading d bible. Am not a jw but those guys has better knowledge of truth dat u can ever imagine in ur entire life.

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by g4gerald: 12:11am On Jun 05, 2017
Maximus85:

If you can lay your hands on this small blue Gideon's Bible they give to students back then. In the ones distributed in the 60's Psalms 83:18 mentioned Jehovah but check the recent ones.... That name has vanished... It's now Lord.
Yea I understand wat u mean, I made a mistake in wat I wrote, I actually mean 'It will shock them' not me being shocked, its auto correct dat is changing my words.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by achorladey: 12:35am On Jun 05, 2017
Maximus85:

True talk, just pick up the new King James version. Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. That is where there hell fire is coming from, but go to the same Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Can you detect the inconsistencies there?
The most popular question needed to be asked will be, What is Hell? The answers are Matthew 10:28 but will they comprehend!!!!! No. If the same Jesus your Lord and personal Saviour said body and soul is DESTROYED in HELL. Please can someone with reasonable minds think what HELL FIRE means if per chance there is a word like that? And what purpose will it serve?
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by paulpery: 3:43am On Jun 05, 2017
Hellfire is a popular opinion and a weapon used by the devil thru the church to frighten and extort their members.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? by oneolajire(m): 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
One Jw wanted this thread pulled down, but God said no, the truth must be spoken. Unfortunately for him, the thread hit the frontpage.

It is the Lord's doing halleluyah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Downloadsermon.com - The One-stop Site For Christian Sermons (updated Regularly) / I Had This Very Fearful Dream! / Pastor Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Claims To Have Resurrected A Dead Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.