Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,295 members, 7,864,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:10 PM

Jamb2017:my Observation And Testimony - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb2017:my Observation And Testimony (720 Views)

Engineering English: My Observation / My Observation On Jamb / Irregularities In 2017 Jamb Registration:my Observation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb2017:my Observation And Testimony by salvationproject(m): 4:42pm On May 19, 2017
Introduction:To those,who were members of nairaland by last year 2016 must definitely remember salvationproject,a 2016 jambite whose joy was stolen due to how Prof. Dibu Ojerinde(can't really remember the name stole my happiness) commenced and conducted the 2016 jamb examination whose most prepared candidates failed not because we aren't brilliant but God knows why.The aftermath of that event was me being downtrodden,frustrated and thought of suicide frequently arising.Many gave in but God helped me and finally i applied for a pre-degree programme @Federal University Of Technology Yola,where we spent several thousands of Naira but just as a Christian will always say"all things work together for the good of those who love God" though am not that type of a person that can truely be say to love God that much but the good aspect was that,Here in the programme i was liable to study the average university life and give in(understand) for some courses i was usually afraid of e.g maths(To the extent i was liable to challenge engineering and science students who believe they were gurus in maths) and accounting to the extent i wanted to opt in for the course until NUC recently scrap mgt. courses from the university but in summary i fell in love with some really major courses i used to be afraid of.
2017 Jamb:
As a candidate who wrote the 2016 jamb exams and failed despite my preparations,i was not much into preparations this year rather i was trying to figure out where i got it wrong last year in order to opt in for amendments and note that your family members don't care about the concept of computer failure,Once you fail,you are a failure to them.So i was up to the task of persuading them to believe me once more by doing well in my next exams.With the advent of the new registrar and various gigantic write-up being written about him with regards to his giant strides as a former VC,My expectations became high but were later down due to the strenuous registration process that were introduced whereby i and my course mate have to sleep outside school(Locations we are not familiar with)at several intervals just to get ourselves registered for the exams and finally i was schedule to write on Monday 15,The tension re-ignited and i was again downtrodden because:
1. My guardian spent so much to register me for the programme,so the tension of disappointing them was high.
2.It's going be a disappointment when your coursemate are resuming september and you aren't. e.t.c.
Advice from Godly and Good friends help a lot and i was liable to make the following decisions that will take place during the exam period:
1.More Godliness
2.Enough preparations that can actualise me scoring 180 and above in order to"write my name down with a pen instead of a pencil" just as our lecturers will usually tell us.
3.No change of answers after selection of an option since i am dealing with a computer which is usually known to malfunction when extraordinary steps are involve in operating them.
4.No answering of all questions.
On the faithful day,i prayed like never before to the extent one of the invigilators suspected i was carrying out exam malpractices.And with regard to my rules,i kept them cause i can remember selecting options in a haste being conscious of my time but on later cross-checking,i found out they were wrong but refuse to change the option and i answered only 162 questions out of 180 consciously.Finally we were done and on releasing the result of Saturday candidates,i saw fare-play but could only pray that it is extended to all candidates including my batch but the delay in the releasing of results weaken me in which i felt,delay leads to more manipulations.I couldn't sleep without the thought of my result. i.e trying to figure out an alternative to whatever may be the outcome and whenever i was even liable to sleep off,i usually dreamt of my result and on one of several dreams,i dreamt of me scoring 259 but the score was reducing just as a phone will count when downloading and it reduced to 57,i was tormented and finally after the trauma i am happy to have gotten the below results as attached to this write-up.
Conclusion:
My observation is not bias neither am i observing this because i made it but truely i must confess that JAMB 2017 is one of the free and fair event that has happened in Nigeria,atleast for once those who read well are rejoicing and those who failed are pointing out their failures on their unpreparedness and cbt centre failure not on jamb reducing their score unlike last year JAMB.So this spelt kudos to prof. Oloyede.But just as the saying goes,to every merit,there is or are demerits,The demerit of this year Jamb is reduction in the standard of Questions,i won't really want to attribute this to failure since it can be improve upon,so therefore i encourage jamb to keep up the good work(i even heard a Nigerian Company developed the cbt software) to the end of this exam even to next year and beyond and increase once more the standard,Also note my fellow nairalanders that just as there are news of success,there are even more news of failure and i know jamb have been and will continue to issue press statement in order to convince the public of their effort and good delivery but this is that of a jambite.So i dedicated my result to God,His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.God bless Nairaland...God bless JAMB and God bless Nigeria.Goodluck Prof. Oloyede.
BY JOSEPH ISRAEL.

Re: Jamb2017:my Observation And Testimony by MayhorE(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2017
BRAVO
Re: Jamb2017:my Observation And Testimony by othman11(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2017
Ok
Re: Jamb2017:my Observation And Testimony by salvationproject(m): 7:49pm On May 19, 2017
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Postgraduate 2017/2018 Entrance Past Questions&Answers (V.Sure Admission) / Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs / Anyone With Solution To This WAEC Question.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.