Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs (705 Views)

Teacher Wears Bodysuit Showing Images Of Internal Organs To Teach Anatomy / THIS IS SUPRISING : Most Applied Courses Into Nigerian Universities 2019 / "English That Only Makes Sense In Nigeria" Trends On Twitter, Ah Naija Self (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs by Davidhero(m): 9:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
1. Your eyes are capable of processing 36,000
pieces of information per hour.

2. Your eyes will process over 28 million images throughout your life time. Which contributes about 85% of your knowledge.

3. The Human eye is so complex that it consists of 2 million working parts.

4. Under perfect conditions, your eyes can recognize candle light from up to 14 miles away.

5. Most males a much likely to be colour blinded than most females.

6. We can smell about 10,000 odours.

7. Our sense of smell is closely linked to our memory: Part of the brain's limbic system, the
olfactory bulb accesses the hippocampus and
amygdala, which are responsible for associative
learning and emotion respectively. People often
link smells to events from the past as a
conditioned response, a result of that smell being
repeatedly paired with an experience.

8. Females possess a better sense of smell than males.
Re: Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nice
Re: Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs by georgeben205(m): 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
Davidhero:
1. Your eyes are capable of processing 36,000
pieces of information per hour.

2. Your eyes will process over 28 million images throughout your life time. Which contributes about 85% of your knowledge.

3. The Human eye is so complex that it consists of 2 million working parts.

4. Under perfect conditions, your eyes can recognize candle light from up to 14 miles away.

5. Most males a much likely to be colour blinded than most females.

6. We can smell about 10,000 odours.

7. Our sense of smell is closely linked to our memory: Part of the brain's limbic system, the
olfactory bulb accesses the hippocampus and
amygdala, which are responsible for associative
learning and emotion respectively. People often
link smells to events from the past as a
conditioned response, a result of that smell being
repeatedly paired with an experience.

8. Females possess a better sense of smell than males.
number 7 tho, it happens to me alot. sometimes good memory but sometimes i wish i never remembered.
Re: Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nice one
Re: Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs by Davidhero(m): 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
9. A woman's sense of smell increases during pregnancy. Doctors haven't pinpointed a reason
why this occurs, but there are several theories,
one of which claims it's a side effect of morning
sickness.

10. Eighty percent of what we experience and refer to as taste is actually smell.

11. Females possess a better sense of taste than males.

12. You can't taste what your saliva can't disolve.

13. Your back is the least sensitive part of your body. Your back contains a very small section of the
somatosensory cortex, and thus experiences only
minor sensations when touched.

14. Scent cells are renewed every 30 to 60 days.

15. You can smell fear and disgust through sweat.

16. Smell is the oldest sense.
Re: Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs by lekjons(m): 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
Educative! thanks op!

1 Like

Re: Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs by Davidhero(m): 10:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
georgeben205:
number 7 tho, it happens to me alot. sometimes good memory but sometimes i wish i never remembered.

Yea, i can relate.

Most times, comes with a bad memory.
Re: Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs by Davidhero(m): 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
lekjons:
Educative! thanks op!
Thank you too..
Re: Suprising Facts About The Human Sense Organs by Nobody: 5:08am On Jul 10, 2017
Good

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This About OAU! Vry Urgent Please / AAU Masters/ Post Graduate Degree Programme Thread / ASUU Strike Illegal, Lecturers Won’t Be Paid – El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.