Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives (2226 Views)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / I Need A Final Year Project Topic (networking)! / Final Solution To Raila Odinga Wahala: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives by kdships(m): 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2007
Guys, Here Is A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives

Good things don’t always come cheap. Like the saying goes, “Cheap article dey run belle". I have used virtually 50% of the common names in the Nigerian market. Of course you already know what that means. The truth about these flash drives is that 95% of them are fake and these are imported from China. These Nigerian importers tell the Chinese exactly what to manufacture. So, the blame should go to the importers and not the manufacturers. These flash drives can be made to have a longer life span but these importers would rather ask for a shorter life span flash drive thereby increasing their turnover.

This is another area that the authorities should look into. I really don’t know if there is any government body that is designated for such. If there isn’t, then there should be one to always check the quality of the computers, its peripherals and accessories that are imported into the country. If NAFDAC can do it for our food and drug, a similar body can do it as well for our office and home appliances.

So, as I was saying, if you really want a good flash drive. Look for any that has “Made in Korea” or “Made in Taiwan” written on it. I have used two that had “Made in Korea” written on them. I physically damaged one and the other one got flushed down the toilet. I had bought one for a friend. He used it for close to a year until he misplaced it.

The name to look out for is GENX (GenerationX) Flash Drive. If you can’t find “Made in Korea” written on it, just take it anyway (that’s if you are buying GENX). If you are going for anything else, always insist on one that has “Made in Korea” or “Made in Taiwan” written on it.

If you can’t find GENX on your own, call me on 0803424800. I’ll be glad to help. The prices are a little higher though. Of course, good things don’t always come cheap.
Re: A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives by kitaun(m): 3:56am On Jan 30, 2007
Nice advert!!
Re: A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives by layi(m): 4:29am On Jan 30, 2007
Nice sales copy
Re: A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives by kdships(m): 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2007
kitaun:

Nice advert!!
layi:

Nice sales copy
Why do Nigerians always think this way? Like nothing goes for nothing huh. You guys think am doing this because I have something to gain. When I bought those I remember looking around the Computer Village but never found it elsewhere but two shops. Well if that's what you think why not try to find the GENX yourself. You could as well stick with your fake flash drives.
Re: A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives by anusule(m): 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2007
nice ad truely. i have an original though. 512mb by sony, from the u.k. with inbuilt file compresser and decompresser. using for two years now. orijo!
Re: A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives by dayyabs(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2007
For me,
The best flash drives are the branded types which you can buy from big refutable shops. Buy LG flash from LG showroom, though is more expensive. A 1 GB flash goes to between 6 to 7k.
Re: A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives by operator(m): 4:26am On Feb 04, 2007
No matter the type or product of flash drive u are using u need to follow the following precaustions in order to prolong it life span: Take appropriate precautions with your drive, just as you would any non-portable piece of equipment. Avoid dropping the drive, getting it wet, shaking it, or storing it in very hot or cold conditions. I suggest that you use the lanyard supplied with your drive to carry and store the Flash Drive. Other methods of carrying the drive, for example on a key chain, are not covered and may result in breakage to the lanyard coupling. In the event the Flash Drive becomes wet, allow it to dry in a cool, dry place before trying to use it again. Water or other liquids may cause the drive to short circuit.
Re: A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives by nawa1(m): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2007
kdships:

Guys, Here Is A Final Solution To Fake Flash Drives

Good things don’t always come cheap. Like the saying goes, “Cheap article dey run belle". I have used virtually 50% of the common names in the Nigerian market. Of course you already know what that means. The truth about these flash drives is that 95% of them are fake and these are imported from China. These Nigerian importers tell the Chinese exactly what to manufacture. So, the blame should go to the importers and not the manufacturers. These flash drives can be made to have a longer life span but these importers would rather ask for a shorter life span flash drive thereby increasing their turnover.

This is another area that the authorities should look into. I really don’t know if there is any government body that is designated for such. If there isn’t, then there should be one to always check the quality of the computers, its peripherals and accessories that are imported into the country. If NAFDAC can do it for our food and drug, a similar body can do it as well for our office and home appliances.

So, as I was saying, if you really want a good flash drive. Look for any that has “Made in Korea” or “Made in Taiwan” written on it. I have used two that had “Made in Korea” written on them. I physically damaged one and the other one got flushed down the toilet. I had bought one for a friend. He used it for close to a year until he misplaced it.

The name to look out for is GENX (GenerationX) Flash Drive. If you can’t find “Made in Korea” written on it, just take it anyway (that’s if you are buying GENX). If you are going for anything else, always insist on one that has “Made in Korea” or “Made in Taiwan” written on it.

If you can’t find GENX on your own, call me on 08027572290. I’ll be glad to help. The prices are a little higher though. Of course, good things don’t always come cheap.

what is final about that solution? grin

thanks anyway for the tip!

(1) (Reply)

Using In India Web Proxy Connection To Access My Yahoo Messenger / Dell Precision M4800 16gb Ram/500gb Hdd/ 2gb Dedicated Ram For Sale / /\ _ /\ Hi, How Are You /\ _ /\ A Dangerous Virus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.