Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

ATM Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ATM Fraud (690 Views)

Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable / Tinubu's Alpha Beta Fingered In N100 Billion Fraud (Court Documents) / Buhari’s Integrity Is A Fraud - Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Fraud by Lilswaghanxum(m): 5:51pm On May 20, 2017
Sorry to write this on this section, is it possible for one to debit from one's account with the use of the Security number, the long serial number and the expiration date? I was really jazzed yesterday, when a number called me claiming to be working in the customer care department of my bank.
Well to cut, the long story short, I gave him the card details, including my pin. it was then I realized my mistake. I quickly ran to the ATM near me to change my pin. So I need an answer.
Re: ATM Fraud by Lilswaghanxum(m): 5:58pm On May 20, 2017
make una comment na
Re: ATM Fraud by Dhayor001(m): 5:59pm On May 20, 2017
Best option, call your bank, google their email, have the card blocked completely.

The 1,150 you would spend on a new card is way cheaper than what this scammer is going to shop online with your funds.

AND ABOVE ALL.....NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR PIN EVEN IF YOU WERE SPEAKING WITH A BANK STAFF INSIDE THE BANK!!!
Re: ATM Fraud by waleyp(m): 6:01pm On May 20, 2017
WE ARE SORRY SIR, WE CANT COMMENT RIGHT NOW, WE ARE BUSY MAKING MONEY, PLS TRY AGAIN LATER THANK YOU
Re: ATM Fraud by joe4real12: 6:03pm On May 20, 2017
Lilswaghanxum:
Sorry to write this on this section, is it possible for one to debit from one's account with the use of the Security number, the long serial number and the expiration date? I was really jazzed yesterday, when a number called me claiming to be working in the customer care department of my bank.
Well to cut, the long story short, I gave him the card details, including my pin. it was then I realized my mistake. I quickly ran to the ATM near me to change my pin. So I need an answer.
Your bank will never ask for sensitive detail via telephone. It's obvious the caller is a fraudster. Don't provide such details next time. Go to your bank physically if you need information or need to resolve any issue.
Re: ATM Fraud by SweetJoystick(m): 6:08pm On May 20, 2017
Smh na jazz? Well, if you quickly changed the pin, you just might be lucky. If the person intends using the card on some merchant site that don't require pin but serial number, you are in a beg mess. Like someone advised up, best bet is you bank, contact the bank.
Re: ATM Fraud by Lilswaghanxum(m): 6:11pm On May 20, 2017
thank you all
Re: ATM Fraud by weyabcom: 6:17pm On May 20, 2017
Transfer all ur money to another acct now... By monday seek for new atm.. Break that one.. Jus tell ur bank it was stolen...
Re: ATM Fraud by Nutase: 6:18pm On May 20, 2017
angry
Re: ATM Fraud by weyabcom: 6:51pm On May 20, 2017
Nutase:
angry
u jus dey waka ... Go rest oo

(1) (Reply)

PIX: Southerners Are Invaders - Abubaka Tafawa Balewa / Will Buhari Receive May Salary After 30 Days In London / El Zakzakky Is In His House With His Family..Lai Mohammed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.