Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable (11367 Views)

"Ebonyi People Treated As 2nd Class People"- Gov Umahi / Zero Vote For Atiku In Adams Oshiomole's Polling Unit- The Cable / Buhari Wins At Obasanjo’s Polling Unit - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Grumpyy: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2019
Godswill Akpabio, minister of Niger Delta affairs, says the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was treated like an automated teller machine (ATM) by corrupt people.

Akpabio spoke in an interview with the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA).

President Muhammadu Buhari recently ordered a forensic audit of the operations of the NDDC from 2001 to 2019 . The president said the directive had become imperative in view of the persistent criticisms of the operations of the commission.

Akpabio lamented that the commission has become known for abandoned projects, adding that political interference has also not allowed the commission to work as it ought to.

“We have also had a lot of political interference, people have not allowed NDDC to work as it ought to, people coming with ideas not to move the region forward but to move their pockets forward. It has always been so,” he said.

“We currently have about 12,000 abandoned projects across the nine states of the Niger Delta. If those things were completed, you can imagine that the area would have been turned into an Eldorado.

“There is no way NDDC road can last (for) even two years. I think people were treating the place as an ATM, where you just walk in there to go and pluck money and go away, I don’t think they were looking at it as an interventionist agency.

“Even the idea of giving out a job to somebody who does not have the requisite skills is corruption on its own. The idea of bloating the contract is also corruption. Even collecting money and abandoning the site is also corruption.

“We have also had a lot of political interference, people have not allowed NDDC to work as it ought to, people coming with ideas not to move the region forward but to move their pockets forward. It has always been so.”

Asked how he felt about the president’s order for an audit, he said: “I believe by now, people would have realised that the president is justified in calling for a forensic audit of the commission.

“I wonder why the leaders in the past didn’t find it necessary to look into the activities of the NDDC, with a view to repositioning it. There is nobody that will be happy to see this kind of situation.”

https://www.thecable.ng/akpabio-corrupt-people-treated-nddc-as-their-atm/amp

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Grumpyy: 8:36am On Oct 29, 2019
Lol

Wetin #### no go see for gate for this APC people. Well, I'm surviving Nigeria by learning never to take anything serious.
We go dey Alright

Lalasticlala

Modified
My first post got to FP and I'm FTC, that's great o

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by aolawale025: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2019
Sign of times. Even akpabio saying others are "corrupt"

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Racoon(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2019
Godswill Akpabio, minister of Niger Delta affairs, says the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was treated like an automated teller machine (ATM) by corrupt people.
grin Chai! See pot calling kettle black.I don't blame Akpabio but Buhari that claimed to be a clean man but who ended up appointing people like Apkabio into government.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Flyingngel(m): 8:49am On Oct 29, 2019
We knw; Nsima inclusive

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Gudguyz(m): 9:19am On Oct 29, 2019
Hunnmmm?

For your power Solution: Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & electronics shop.For details pls check my profile.Thanks
Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by chinavs9ja(m): 9:19am On Oct 29, 2019
We all know that before

Kindly check my signature if you need a website
Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by pat077: 9:19am On Oct 29, 2019
Imagine kettle calling pot black.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 29, 2019
so says a thief

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Slymonster(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2019
Saint Akpabio

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by OyiboOyibo(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2019
Saint Akpabio speaking from APC's heaven....Mad fellas

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by FactBoyz: 9:20am On Oct 29, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Pavore9: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2019
Akpabio calling others corrupt.....sigh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2019
Oh my country!
Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Sukueponmalu: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2019
Even Akpabio is talking about corruption grin
Only PMB can change people like this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by opalu: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2019
Haba
Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by DTeekay(m): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2019
Very true.

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by DameB(f): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2019
Akpabio are you any better?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by DameB(f): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2019
Racoon:

grin Chai! See pot calling kettle black.I don't blame Akpabio but Buhari that claimed to be a clean man but who ended up appointing people like Apkabio into government.

More like charcoal calling pot black

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 29, 2019
They have come again grin grin gringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2019
See this one o.

Akpabio actually thinks he can talk about corruption with a straight face?

Anyway sha, Nigerians have very shallow memory so they will never remember his stint as the governor of Akwa Ibom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2019
Wetin Adele no go hear for the other side shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by allstarfestus: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2019
Even you... Nigeria is a joke

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by DrNueLpureHoney: 9:24am On Oct 29, 2019
Dx country matter big pass zuma rock undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Day169: 9:24am On Oct 29, 2019
Sadly, most men with mirrors in their houses do not use them anymore. It's become more of an ornament than an accessory for self reflection. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Burgerlomo: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2019
Issorite grin

1 Like

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2019
Akpabio no make me laff abeg, useless criminal

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by allstarfestus: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2019
Even you ...hahaha see who is talking...Father lord help us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by NonFarmPayrol: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2019
Same nddc you used to fund akwa ibom election thrust nsima

Abeg shift
Re: Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable by Philinho(m): 9:25am On Oct 29, 2019
Even the devil will cry over comment from Akpabio....APC thief's

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jagaban Returns To Lagos Empty-handed / Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President / Economic Crisis: We Won’t Bail Out Banks With Public Funds – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.