Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) (76191 Views)

What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? / See The Big Bush Meat I Helped Killed Today / Please I Need A Carpenter Who Can Build This.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by KingOfThePay(m): 10:49pm On May 20, 2017
This brings back memories. So much Joy in Reading this.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:51pm On May 20, 2017
This is a great challenge to me.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by odimbannamdi(m): 10:51pm On May 20, 2017
Uniquexty:
That carpenter is a good man indeed. Abiola girls patronized him alot when i was there.

Good work you've done jare. While you are working in his vineyard, God will work wonders in your own vineyard.

Moving straight to show a lil kindness to that woman who gave me a lot of free meals in the food village.

Padded
Sino
Floxy
Divine favour

Which one? wink

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by babapressy(m): 10:51pm On May 20, 2017
Nice job
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 10:52pm On May 20, 2017
Wow, wat a great gesture, may ur pocket neva run dry Sir.

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by DjAndroid: 10:53pm On May 20, 2017
May God give you the resources to fulfill this promise.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by miriamchi(f): 10:55pm On May 20, 2017
Holywizard:
wow. I stayed opposite de carpenters line during my IT days. Adjacent to those shops is an Orthodox church and opposite Is a 3 storey building in which I stayed. Na there be the headquarters of Absu Mafia cult group.
There is a car wash close by.
The carpenters were nice to me. In the evening wen Eva I was bored I'd come down to their shops to watch them play draft board game.
I'm really missing Okigwe town.
U mean u lived in that 3 story building?... wow.I also lived there in my final year though.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by jamislaw(m): 10:56pm On May 20, 2017
baylord101:
Space booked

Una wey quote me before, Am at home come and beat me.
am coming for you

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 20, 2017
There's always reward and joy in doing this kind of gesture. He should just keep the promise of training the boy and see the goodness of God in his life. Such act of training the poor in school accelerates open doors in lives of young men, I'm a living testimony.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by adontcare(f): 11:00pm On May 20, 2017
It is good to do good. Am just happy now. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 11:01pm On May 20, 2017
God will make your wishes come through by providing for your needs according to his riches in Jesus name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by shine12: 11:06pm On May 20, 2017
zesh:
it's a good gesture but what's the essence of flaunting it online.... also adding their pictures

I don't think he flaunted it.I think the story blessed a lot of people. Flaunting is when you don't bless but try to oppress us. I am a fan of "No flaunting" too but in this particular case, I dint think the Op is flaunting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Otapipia: 11:08pm On May 20, 2017
Holywizard:
wow. I stayed opposite de carpenters line during my IT days. Adjacent to those shops is an Orthodox church and opposite Is a 3 storey building in which I stayed. Na there be the headquarters of Absu Mafia cult group.
There is a car wash close by.
The carpenters were nice to me. In the evening wen Eva I was bored I'd come down to their shops to watch them play draft board game.
I'm really missing Okigwe town.
Mafia? You know any of them?
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by ychris: 11:11pm On May 20, 2017
HungerBAD:
Cool.
cool indeed.

boss, pls Come and adopt me pls.

need someone to sponsor me through varsity.
we're broke in our family.

I honesty need someone to help me.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by nextstep(m): 11:14pm On May 20, 2017
Nice one!

But we'll still have bad belle people saying he should not post good deeds online.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by GeneralOjukwu: 11:18pm On May 20, 2017
Hope he didn't just return from developing Asia wink wink wink

Keep it up, niggah!
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by omoikea(m): 11:18pm On May 20, 2017
that woman wen dey sell moi moi and zobo for hall three i go soon kon surprise you.... just stay alive to witness it

#undergraduate days made sense

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by lexxwiz(m): 11:22pm On May 20, 2017
Good stuff.. But you shouldn't have declared your intention publicly. Unless youre giving scholarship to all the kids there.. Not everyone likes their neighbors getting d unusual favor and often times attack spiritually (fetishist) just to cut that short. Good stuff though but you my friend should thread with caution. You Don be person helper oo.. God bless you!
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by lexxwiz(m): 11:25pm On May 20, 2017
shine12:

I don't think he flaunted it.I think the story blessed a lot of people. Flaunting is when you don't bless but try to oppress us. I am a fan of "No flaunting" too but in this particular case, I dint think the Op is flaunting.

Exactly.. But wait oo... if this is flaunting, I'll take this flaunting to the fake celebrity flaunting anytime.

#weLoveThisFlaunting

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 11:30pm On May 20, 2017
God bless the big man, if my neighbour in 1996 was kind enough to give me biscuit on credit which I wanted to use in feeding my kid brother who was hungry, I would have appreciate her even in her grave. Unfortunately she chased me away and I went back home crying because there was nothing at home and my brother was just a year old. She died mysteriously some years ago and was buried poorly without any ceremony, while she had children even grandchildren, she is from orlu.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by lexxwiz(m): 11:34pm On May 20, 2017
zesh:
it's a good gesture but what's the essence of flaunting it online.... also adding their pictures
Wouldn't you rather take this flaunting than people flaunting receipts of drinks popped a night before? Call it flaunting all you want but personally I am inspired.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Alexo4real(m): 11:38pm On May 20, 2017
Waooooh! More Grease to ur elbow., Am really touched by this. U just made my day.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Bahddo(m): 11:50pm On May 20, 2017
Nice gesture, despite the fact that you came to Nairaland to announce your good deeds.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by eflintsone(m): 11:51pm On May 20, 2017
DullardBuhari:
Igbo's are great
tribalist o... on a serious note during my stay in the north i know of a man who sponsors your guys with potentials to school or trade ...same here in lagos i know a benin man who i think is the nicest person i have ever seen... the free medicals me nd my family enjoy till date is a big favour from a yoruba man... same goes to this ever nice igbo family friend i gat..... u find nice pple everywhere

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by eflintsone(m): 11:52pm On May 20, 2017
God continue to bless that man
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Litmus: 11:54pm On May 20, 2017
Fine sentiments and a heartwarming story typical of Nigerians but I couldn't resist the observation that sometimes university education can be a force for deskilling. The decline of Britain, which peaked in the middle of the 18th century, was caused by the great industrialists, engineers, and inventors sending their children to universities in the hope of gentrifying them. This lead to a bloated Indian civil service, where many of the English graduates ended up and a decline in British innovations and industrial lead.

So much for history, I just meant that the carpenter could have benefited from a new building stocked with modern carpentry equipment so that his business could develop and he could pass on his hard learned skills to his children. A larger workshop, producing better and more furniture, would also provide employment and apprenticeship to other local children. But, hey, Uni is good.....
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by ademijuwonlo(f): 11:54pm On May 20, 2017
Reward for kindness is not only in heaven.....it pays to be good.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by kelv2k(m): 12:01am On May 21, 2017
God will continue to bless you.. and for those of us that has such in mind God will help us achieve it... I am so touched with your kind gesture.. keep on soaring high bro.. the sky is your limit.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:22am On May 21, 2017
mightyhaze:
Abeg,where u for the pics?

On a serious note,man I must say dis is an xcellent gesture 4m u. If ppl remember to reciprocate little kind gestures,the world wud certainly be a berra place,..and more ppl wud be encouraged to mete out kindness in various ways!

This is certainly a challenge 2 me!
true talk. in fact while reading this I was flipping thru memory lane to write down a list ... I must say 'thank you' to so many ppl
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by SURElee(f): 12:28am On May 21, 2017
Omo! This life ehn the seeds/acts you sow today don't leave your life, they go to your future to wait for you. Be mindful of the kinds of seeds you sow now.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by CaptainGOOD: 12:36am On May 21, 2017
Humility017:

must you display your tribalistic attitude every time?
who is mentioning if he is IBO or not.
you really have to grow out of this

U dont hav a good heart!.
All these while when a bad news emerges u will see people shouting igbo igbo igbo..igbo did this igbo did that.
Im sure u even one of the people click like button in those comments... now its a good news and some1 is praising igbo and its paining u.

Today is sunday pray to God to liberate ur soul from hatred. THIS IS NO JOKE!!
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by CaptainGOOD: 12:39am On May 21, 2017
DullardBuhari:
Igbo's are great

I like this coment pls edit ur post and beautify it more.. let them know its an igbo man..

same igbos they call bad names here everyday... pls do..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Long Snakes Electrocuted In Iju Ishaga, Lagos (Photos, Video) / See The Pregnant Cobra My Brother Killed Near Their House, With It's Eggs Intact / Cow Shedding Tears After Seeing Knifes They Would Use To Kill Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.