Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) (76205 Views)

What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? / See The Big Bush Meat I Helped Killed Today / Please I Need A Carpenter Who Can Build This.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Eddie360(m): 1:01pm On May 21, 2017
BROS UR LIFE IS BLESSED AND U WILL LIVE LONG
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 21, 2017
GOD BLESS YOU GOOD
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by gidjah(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2017
hmm, mhmmmmhmmmm .. I am touched , u made me wanna shed tears.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by sshalom(m): 2:02pm On May 21, 2017
Not bad!
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by udison(m): 2:04pm On May 21, 2017
kendological:
Do your own, then let us know.
Have u done any?
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 2:26pm On May 21, 2017
fippycbk:

You sef get example for everything wey happen for nairaland undecided
Sweetheart life has thought me a lot, so I always feel humble to share my experience because I believe one or two people will be inspired with it, I am not a slay queen and I won't tell you have gotten to the zenith of my goals in life, but I am grateful so far, also I tried my best in anyway to give hope to some people who feel all is lost. Many people are committing suicide because most of us don't care. We are too selfish that we only consider our own emotions, and mind you I am not ashamed to share my life experiences any time any day, when you humble yourself the lord will make kings stand for you. Many people are going through difficult time but they hide behind the key pad and act as if all is well but you won't know, humanity to me comes first before any other thing.

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 2:27pm On May 21, 2017
Halifaxguy:

I like your height. I di okay
5 3
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by springtech(m): 3:44pm On May 21, 2017
Good one, God bless you for this kind gesture.

I smile to the bank weekly.
I live above recession.
Glory be to God.
Check my Signature to know how.
Thank me later
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 21, 2017
Nice
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by collinsfhk(m): 4:28pm On May 21, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian man identified as Onyebuchi Emenanka who graduated years back from Abia State University ABSU has paid a 20-year-old debt to a carpenter who helped his almost twenty years ago... Read what he shared on his Facebook page below few days ago;

PAYING A 20 YEAR OLD DEBT

Today, I decided to put a big smile on someone's face. When the ABSU event was over and on my way back, I did a stop over at the place where I used to live as a student on Agiriga Street Okigwe.

My mission was simple - to pay a surprise visit to my old neighbors, who are mostly local carpenters and petty traders.

I moved into that area sometime in 1998 and lived there till 2001 when I graduated. My brother Chiemezie Nwakanma was living there then and helped me secure the room. We were next door neighbors. Iyke Aaron and Chizuru Kanu later joined us there.

There is this particular carpenter who was so kind to me then. He would do my carpentry works free of charge and will lend me money whenever I was broke. I didn't pay back most of those monies. The Mbano man was just nice to me and treated me like his own son.

The man has a penchant for speaking high sounding grammar and we named him the Professor of Carpentology, a title he cherishes so much... Heheheheheheheh.

17 years after, I stormed the place today and it was a big party.

I ensured that there were drinks of different kinds and food to go round. All the carpenters stopped work to welcome their old neighbor. The women were not left out.

I told them stories of how that carpenter assisted me greatly and without seeking any pay back from me. I thanked all of them for the kindness and love they showed me then. They were all amazed that I could still remember all of that almost 20 years after.

The carpenter had a set of male triplets while I lived there. They are all grown now and one them works with him in his shop. He said the boy is brilliant but he has no money to train him in school. He lost his wife a few years ago.

There and then, I announced that I will send him to the university and bear the cost of his training. The man broke down in tears. I told him that his son should get a better life than he had. I am fully committed to keeping that promise. I shall help secure admission for him and see him through school. Who knows? He may be the channel through which God will liberate the family from the vicious cycle of poverty and deprivation.

It was a great day today as we drank and relived old times. I ensured that each of them got some small cash in their pockets. Before I took my leave, they all asked me to kneel down while they said some prayers that touched my soul.

I felt a deep sense of fulfilment today.
Yes...

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-man-did-for-carpenter-who.html

God bless you brother! Thrs no prayer you will ever pray that will surpass this deed. May God give you the grace and resources. Cast your bread upon the waters ...
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by ashala(m): 4:38pm On May 21, 2017
I am really touched by this act. Never ever forget people who did good to you in ur times of need
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by adontcare(f): 4:46pm On May 21, 2017
Randy91:

bt udontcare
grin
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by unbeatablerosak(f): 4:48pm On May 21, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian man identified as Onyebuchi Emenanka who graduated years back from Abia State University ABSU has paid a 20-year-old debt to a carpenter who helped his almost twenty years ago... Read what he shared on his Facebook page below few days ago;

PAYING A 20 YEAR OLD DEBT

Today, I decided to put a big smile on someone's face. When the ABSU event was over and on my way back, I did a stop over at the place where I used to live as a student on Agiriga Street Okigwe.

My mission was simple - to pay a surprise visit to my old neighbors, who are mostly local carpenters and petty traders.

I moved into that area sometime in 1998 and lived there till 2001 when I graduated. My brother Chiemezie Nwakanma was living there then and helped me secure the room. We were next door neighbors. Iyke Aaron and Chizuru Kanu later joined us there.

There is this particular carpenter who was so kind to me then. He would do my carpentry works free of charge and will lend me money whenever I was broke. I didn't pay back most of those monies. The Mbano man was just nice to me and treated me like his own son.

The man has a penchant for speaking high sounding grammar and we named him the Professor of Carpentology, a title he cherishes so much... Heheheheheheheh.

17 years after, I stormed the place today and it was a big party.

I ensured that there were drinks of different kinds and food to go round. All the carpenters stopped work to welcome their old neighbor. The women were not left out.

I told them stories of how that carpenter assisted me greatly and without seeking any pay back from me. I thanked all of them for the kindness and love they showed me then. They were all amazed that I could still remember all of that almost 20 years after.

The carpenter had a set of male triplets while I lived there. They are all grown now and one them works with him in his shop. He said the boy is brilliant but he has no money to train him in school. He lost his wife a few years ago.

There and then, I announced that I will send him to the university and bear the cost of his training. The man broke down in tears. I told him that his son should get a better life than he had. I am fully committed to keeping that promise. I shall help secure admission for him and see him through school. Who knows? He may be the channel through which God will liberate the family from the vicious cycle of poverty and deprivation.

It was a great day today as we drank and relived old times. I ensured that each of them got some small cash in their pockets. Before I took my leave, they all asked me to kneel down while they said some prayers that touched my soul.

I felt a deep sense of fulfilment today.
Yes...

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-man-did-for-carpenter-who.html
Am touched. God bless u dear friend for remembering what an old man did for u 20 years ago. That family will be indebted to u. God's blessings always.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by fof1: 5:13pm On May 21, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
see more >>> http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-man-did-for-carpenter-who.html

MAY GOD HELP U FULFILL THAT SINGULAR PLEDGE AND D NOLEZ FOR D YOUNGER CARPENTER TO FULLY GET EDUCATED THROUGH UNI... KINDNESS PAYS ALWAYS. A LESSON TO ALL OF US. GRATITUDE TO GID AND MAN IS SECOND TO NONE. GOD PROSPER AND BLESS YOU TO FULFILL UR GOOD DREAMS THROUGH AND THROUGH.AMEN.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Mccullum: 6:32pm On May 21, 2017
Truly this story touched me so much and I shed tears simply because of your gratefulness to the carpenter's family and his colleagues... God will surely reward you too in multiple ways due to the little he did for you, and you didn't forget it after 20 year, almighty Allah will continue bless you and your family. Good tale.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by CaptainGOOD: 8:32pm On May 21, 2017
Humility017:

Lol....unfortunately I am not a Yoruba neither am I an IBO....I am even more closer to the later because I have IBO cousins...
I rarely comment on politics section because of these doldrum of tribalism feasting on the minds of some of the youths...on these platform, unfortunately our political class know this and they keep exploring it every time to milk us dry.

I hate tribalism in all circles... u don't know me at all and there is no need to expose myself to you.
you need prayer more than anyone else because you view everything from the prism of tribalism
...for the love of God to really find expression in u and through you...you've got to let go of tribalism and begin to love same way God loves you.

I dnt care where u come from.
I will keep telling u this..
I will take u serious when u quote yorubas to cautin them....
They are d ones causing the conflict here even topics that doesnt relate to tribalist stuff.
They would still twist it to make it tribal.

The comment the comment d guy made is not in anyway a tribalistic comment.
He was just appreciating his tribe and thats all.
But U left the people u will quote to caution and was qouting the wrong person for no jst cause.

Stop ur preaching its very annoying.
I dnt wana call u coward but u sound like one.
Becox the person u qouted did nothin wrong.! undecided
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Humility017(m): 9:30pm On May 21, 2017
CaptainGOOD:

I dnt care where u come from.
I will keep telling u this..
I will take u serious when u quote yorubas to cautin them....
They are d ones causing the conflict here even topics that doesnt relate to tribalist stuff.
They would still twist it to make it tribal.

The comment the comment d guy made is not in anyway a tribalistic comment.
He was just appreciating his tribe and thats all.
But U left the people u will quote to caution and was qouting the wrong person for no jst cause.

Stop ur preaching its very annoying.
I dnt wana call u coward but u sound like one.
Becox the person u qouted did nothin wrong.! undecided

sorry if my words really hurt you or rather expressed my words wrongly.
the true cowards are those who refuse to be different but choosed to join others in blowing the trumpet of tribal and religious sentiments
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by adeotiolawale: 9:32pm On May 21, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
see more >>> http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-man-did-for-carpenter-who.html
am seeing wisdom, ex headboi fgc ohafia, him b adc?
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by CaptainGOOD: 8:42am On May 22, 2017
Humility017:

sorry if my words really hurt you or rather expressed my words wrongly.
the true cowards are those who refuse to be different but choosed to join others in blowing the trumpet of tribal and religious sentiments

Ur words didnt hurt me but just dat it annoying.
Ur quote is a misplaced priority.
U still shying away from d truth and dats what makes it very annoying.

"Igbos are great" how is dat a tribalist comment ?.
I ask u again. undecided
So u wana tell me if some says "nigeria is great or "africa is great".. dat means he is a racist undecided
Anyways i leav u to ur conscience to judge dat one.
U see people insulting igbos here everyday u dnt qoute them but just one comment "JUST ONE"
appreciating igbo tribe and u quoted him to spew trash.
And u telling me u aint a coward or tribalistic.
By ignoring some people to qoute wrong person. undecided

Im sorry if i sound a bit harsh but ur comment is very annoying. WTF!.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Afritop(m): 8:48am On May 22, 2017
WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY THAN TO SAY GOD IS GOOD
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Humility017(m): 9:47am On May 22, 2017
CaptainGOOD:

Ur words didnt hurt me but just dat it annoying.
Ur quote is a misplaced priority.
U still shying away from d truth and dats what makes it very annoying.

"Igbos are great" how is dat a tribalist comment ?.
I ask u again. undecided
So u wana tell me if some says "nigeria is great or "africa is great".. dat means he is a racist undecided
Anyways i leav u to ur conscience to judge dat one.
U see people insulting igbos here everyday u dnt qoute them but just one comment "JUST ONE"
appreciating igbo tribe and u quoted him to spew trash.
And u telling me u aint a coward or tribalistic.
By ignoring some people to qoute wrong person. undecided

Im sorry if i sound a bit harsh but ur comment is very annoying. WTF!.

your comment also annoying especially when you were not the one I initially quoted.
but I choose to ignore....that

I see you're a tribal chauvinist
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by CaptainGOOD: 10:21am On May 22, 2017
Humility017:

your comment also annoying especially when you were not the one I initially quoted.
but I choose to ignore....that
I see you're a tribal chauvinist

Hmm but the person u quoted didnt mention i too. undecided

U are worst than wat accuse people of.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by ihitenansa: 7:02am On Sep 10, 2019
Great

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by chukkystar(m): 2:57pm On Mar 17
miriamchi:
U mean u lived in that 3 story building?... wow.I also lived there in my final year though.
I was amongst the first set to live there in 2010. It's owned by a Catholic Priest.. It's My roommate and His Friends that joined Maphites and allowed other Maphites start coming to that lodge and now it has become a Haven for them .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Long Snakes Electrocuted In Iju Ishaga, Lagos (Photos, Video) / See The Pregnant Cobra My Brother Killed Near Their House, With It's Eggs Intact / Cow Shedding Tears After Seeing Knifes They Would Use To Kill Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.