Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical (6079 Views)

Dealership Level Diagnostics - VW Group (1996 - 2018) - Electrical N Mechanical / Dealership Level Diagnostics - Toyota (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical / Dealership Level Diagnostics - Honda (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 08, 2017
I confirm it's the former. PM me so I can share with you the technical data you require.
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 8:03am On Jun 08, 2017
Costee:
I confirm it's the former. PM me so I can share with you the technical data you require.

Thanks for the clarification.

I tried to PM, it said that I sent too many anonymous emails.

I will try again in a couple of hours.

Thanks once again.
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
adefes:
Please the check engine light on my nissan qashqai 2010 model 2.0 is currently on and the code is P1111. I have tried to reset this but it's still showing. Any serious issues with this code? How do I fix this and can this code be responsible for not getting more than 21mpg within lagos. Thanks

I need your VIN, Nissan asked me for your VIN.

Thanks.

you can email me at carowners @ spareparts dot com ng
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
Post your vehicle problem brand-specific, top 3 most liked problem cars will get repaired for free.

Labor and Diagnosis free.

Cost of parts, materials and supplies required to effect the repair will be borne by owner.

Owner is free to supply parts, materials, and supplies though.

Contest closes in 21 days.

Repair process will be posted here.

This is a promotional offer.

If the vehicle does not run and drive, free offer does not apply, instead a diagnosis and labor fee of 100,000.00 maximum applies. Owner free to supply parts, materials, and supplies needed to effect the repair.

Problems that did not get the most likes but are sufficiently intriguing may be considered.

Abused vehicles welcome.

Over to you.

Offer for Abuja residents only or those outside Abuja willing to bring the vehicle to Abuja.

Terms and conditions apply
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 8:45am On Apr 29, 2018
Bring your abused vehicles, let's give them a new lease of life!

AutoElectNG:
Post your vehicle problem brand-specific, top 3 most liked problem cars will get repaired for free.

Cost of parts, materials and supplies required to effect the repair will be borne by owner.

If the vehicle does not run and drive, free offer does not apply, instead a diagnosis and labor fee of 100,000.00 maximum applies. Owner free to supply parts, materials, and supplies needed to effect the repair.

Problems that did not get the most likes but are sufficiently intriguing may be considered.

Abused vehicles welcome.

Over to you.

Offer for Abuja residents only or those outside Abuja willing to bring the vehicle to Abuja.

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by DOVpet(m): 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
Can you pls share more working condition, amenities, different types and common problem of Nissan_Almera (pic also welcome)
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by etech: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
was driving last week and i observed that my car (nissan primera) temperature gauge goes high at top speed, have checked to see if over heating occurs but no overheating AC also cuts off at high speed too
have checked my coolant level and its good please what could be the issue i need professional advise as i do not want all these road side mechanics to turn it upside down.

awaiting feedback many thanks
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by MPVGoddess: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2018
DOVpet:
Can you pls share more working condition, amenities, different types and common problem of Nissan_Almera (pic also welcome)

m
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 3:27am On May 01, 2018
etech:
was driving last week and i observed that my car (nissan primera) temperature gauge goes high at top speed, have checked to see if over heating occurs but no overheating AC also cuts off at high speed too
have checked my coolant level and its good please what could be the issue i need professional advise as i do not want all these road side mechanics to turn it upside down.

awaiting feedback many thanks

Three likely possibilities:
1. Air flow restrictions
2. Coolant flow restrictions
3. Failed or failing radiator
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 3:27am On May 01, 2018
DOVpet:

Want to buy one?

Which model year?
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by DOVpet(m): 8:24am On May 01, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Want to buy one?
Which model year?

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 1:43am On May 07, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Abused vehicles welcome.

Over to you.

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 8:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
I am trying to work on a Nissan CVT that is not able to shift gears...it is taking a lot of time...

How does a CVT work, at least the implementation in a Nissan?

Please watch and learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OMqmpjOHWM

Inception, here is why I am unable to attend to your question!
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
If a RE0F10A CVT Transmission fails, that is to say is unable to shift gears due to an internal fault, can it be revived?

That is the question that we are trying to answer, needless to say, the answer to the question will be provided on this thread.

If the answer is YES, then owners of the following vehicles who have abandoned them out of frustration may be able to heave a sigh of relief

If NO, well then, the experiment failed!

The vehicles in question are:
2007 - 2012 Altima (L32)
2008 - 2012 Altima Coupe (CL32)
2007 - 2012 Sentra (B16)
2008 - 2013 Rogue (S35)
2014 - 2015 Rogue Select (S35)
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
Tests concluded.

CVT Transmission is sick...the stepper motor is gone....client can either

1.replace just the stepper motor (not the manufacturer recommended route) or
2. replace the valve body (manufacturer recommended route)
3. replace the entire transmission (manufacturer recommended route)

Client has opted to replace the stepper motor due to cost and inconvenience, client is not willing to do 2 or 3

All electrical tests have been concluded and they point to one conclusion, the wiring is perfect, the stepper motor is done for!

Stepper motor will be imported from overseas

CVT transmission fluid will be replaced

Radiator fluid will be replaced as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOFGZKwuWfM

If you drive a Nissan including the fabled Murano, this thread should interest you, because the CVT in question is derived from the same family as the CVT in the Murano...which has quite a poor reputation among technicians in Nigeria
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 7:43am On Jul 13, 2018
Problem vehicle is a 2010 Nissan Rogue S AWD

The problem code is P1777

More details in subsequent posts

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
Dashboard pictures

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
CVT unit vehicle side harness connector

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
This vehicle was a virgin until yesterday, we were the first to UnCloth her, see unclad pictures.

I know she may have been touched....but it was below the skirt smiley

But we went further....smiley

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 7:58am On Jul 14, 2018
First set of tests are conducted between the TCM vehicle side harness connector terminals

In particular, Terminals 27, 28, 29 and 30.

Expected values should be 30 ohms of resistance

What we found was 23 ohms in one instance and 22.5 ohms in the other
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 8:00am On Jul 14, 2018
Second set of test conducted between TCM vehicle side harness connector terminals and ground

Expected values ought to be 15 ohms of resistance

What we saw was 11.6, 15.2, 15.2 and 9.5 ohms of resistance respectively

By the way, those terminals we tested are Step Motor outputs, A to D.
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 8:02am On Jul 14, 2018
Third set of test conducted to Check continuity between TCM vehicle side harness connector terminals and CVT unit vehicle side harness
connector terminals

We confirmed that there was continuity
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 8:04am On Jul 14, 2018
Fourth set of tests conducted was aimed at Check continuity between TCM vehicle side harness connector terminals and ground

We found no continuity
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 8:09am On Jul 14, 2018
Final set of tests was aimed at confirming definitively that the step motor was out of order

First, we checked for resistance between CVT unit connector terminals.

Expected value is 30 ohms of resistance, we found 22.5 and 23.3 ohms of resistance respectively

Second, we checked for resistance between CVT unit connector terminals and ground.

Expected value is 15 ohms of resistance, but we found 12.0, 15.3, 15.5 and some other value, note not so clear smiley

So we confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that we were dealing with a component fault and not a wiring fault
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
Client insisted the Step motor was bad.

I said my training requires that I trust but verify, so I am doing to check the entire circuit to see to confirm why the code is thrown, could it come from the wiring or the step motor, because it could be one or the other or both.

That is standard best practice, see picture below

It took a while but the results were worth the effort

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 11:38am On Aug 02, 2018
Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) Reset official position of the manufacturer

Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by Kashif(m): 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Final set of tests was aimed at confirming definitively that the step motor was out of order

First, we checked for resistance between CVT unit connector terminals.

Expected value is 30 ohms of resistance, we found 22.5 and 23.3 ohms of resistance respectively

Second, we checked for resistance between CVT unit connector terminals and ground.

Expected value is 15 ohms of resistance, but we found 12.0, 15.3, 15.5 and some other value, note not so clear smiley

So we confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that we were dealing with a component fault and not a wiring fault

Is this resolved now?
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
Kashif:

Is this resolved now?dl

Items arrived last week

Spent some hours on it

Will update the thread on the matter
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 21, 2019
Surely, the issue should be resolved by now one way or the other.
Re: Dealership Level Diagnostics - Nissan (1996 - 2018)- Electrical N Mechanical by AutoElectNG: 11:27pm On Jun 22, 2019
Costee:
Surely, the issue should be resolved by now one way or the other.
Yes, I will find time to update the post with the resolution.

I would love to provide technical details and pictures, I will hopefully find time to do that within 7 days of this post. I can do a one-liner but it will not do those who want to learn and my dedicated followers much good.

My hands are quite full at the moment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lexus Es 330 Or Muscle Camry Sport / Free VIN Check To Confirm Mileage Before Shipment. / Driver's License Option Of 5years Aproved By Boboye And Now Being Implemented

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.