Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana (40722 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Bill Into Law (Photos) / Bukola Sararki, Others Await Osinbajo To Sign 2017 Budget (Photos) / Osinbajo To Sign 2017 Budget, Inaugurate New Ministers - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Humility017(m): 12:42pm On May 21, 2017
Bugatie:
2017 budget still being tossed around almost half of the year. This country sef

I tell you...last time the budget went missing and thereafter it was padded....me just hoping nothing happen to this one....because the way they're going now..the budget may go missing
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by kabillion(m): 12:47pm On May 21, 2017
Mr Aliko Dangote I need help. Pls call me 07062316289
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by JohnWriter: 12:55pm On May 21, 2017
Goat.
BuariCopyPaste:
OSUNBADE is now as confused as Eyo masquerades .
He's barred from touching the budget due his COORDINATOR statue.

Now the charge and bail lawyer says he should not go near the budget citing inflation.

Osinbade right now

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by pressplay411(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2017
seguno2:

Point being that you are ignorant and not ready to be involved in making the necessary sacrifice for the progress you desire hence you want someone else (a soldier) to do the cleansing job on your behalf and give you all the benefits on a platter of gold.
Why do you think that the coup plotter will risk death only to dash fearful, lazy citizens the fruit of his labour?
You must think that he is a fool, which of course he is not.
IBB, Abacha, Abdusalami and Buhari were more corrupt thieves than their civilian counterparts.
If politicians that we allow to run our country are lawless, is it the coup plotters who will be law abiding?
Look before you leap.
Think before you talk.

Can you not see that gross indiscipline is the bane of this country? Across all strata, from the agberos on the road, to those jumping queues in banks, to exam malpractices,... Shall I continue, then all the way up to public service, we're plagued by gross indiscipline which some people need to be beaten out of them.

I fear your hatred for the military is more personal than you care to share, be like mopo don tear you slap before grin

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by opendo21(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2017
blackpanda:
Actually, he is technically right. National Assembly don't have power to increase their budget. Rather, what they should have done was to send the draft to the executive so that it can be resubmitted.

But as it is now, I think osibanjo shld just sign it. Time is already far spent on this
This will set a wrong precedent. We must start doing things the right way. Not making excuses

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by opendo21(m): 1:29pm On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:

Can you not see that gross indiscipline is the bane of this country? Across all strata, from the agberos on the road, to those jumping queues in banks, to exam malpractices,... Shall I continue, then all the way up to public service, we're plagued by gross indiscipline which some people need to be beaten out of them.

I fear your hatred for the military is more personal than you care to share, be like mopo don tear you slap before grin
We must not be forced to do everything. We will evolve as a nation. Don't be a part of the problem. Be a solution provider
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by seguno2: 1:30pm On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:

This is not a funny or joking matter at all.
Let me know if you as well as how many of your friends and folks are "plagued by gross indiscipline", which "need to be beaten out of them."
How many?
You obviously don't understand what you are talking about.
You don't!
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by tuscani: 1:43pm On May 21, 2017
DeRay98:

Your ignorance stinks. He put up a valid argument for his position and you ran to post stupidity.
Will Ozekhome eat him?
He and Ozekhome who has more credibility? Falana has been consistent in his human right and constitutional activism since i first heard of over 20yrs ago in my university days.
Ozekhome ran away from same activism to start defending polithiefians to get his own share of their loot.

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by LoveJesus87(m): 1:52pm On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:
This is why I'm a strong proponent of Military rule. Nigerians are too stubborn and destructive for democracy to work.
How can the presidency perform efficiently when he's at the mercy of legisllegislooters?
EXACTLY. EXACTLY. EXACTLY!
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by LoveJesus87(m): 1:54pm On May 21, 2017
SirJeffry:
What is holding those boys at the barracks from ending this madness
honestly I wonder
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by r2beez(m): 2:09pm On May 21, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Now the charge and bail lawyer says he should not go near the budget citing inflation.

Osinbade right now

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by reuben79: 2:10pm On May 21, 2017
i knw d plan of dino and saraki is sale nigeria but God will nt allow it
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by samsard(m): 2:11pm On May 21, 2017
koboko69:

What exactly have u enjoyed under democracy. Virtually all thr infrastructures u enjoy today were built by thr military.
From where I live, civilian administrations have built many structures, could they have performed better? yes. Maybe you need to hold your government accountable for their actions and inactions.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by gogodaye(m): 2:38pm On May 21, 2017
Reading this one begins to wonder if our Barrister Lawyer knows what the legislative process is all about.......
Please who has done this to Nigeria
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Slimpotter(m): 2:38pm On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:
This is why I'm a strong proponent of Military rule. Nigerians are too stubborn and destructive for democracy to work.
How can the presidency perform efficiently when he's at the mercy of legisllegislooters?

I support your idea,even if not military let's practise a system of government that gives little or no room for this nonsense we call Nigerian democracy
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by oladoja1(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2017
TPAND:
Osinbajovis a mere commissioner as one of the top guns in Nass said. Osinbajo cannot mess with nass. Don't forget he is a running mate of a presidential candidate and he is not in by any election and the ambits constitution I remember doesn't cover the Vice President or deputy governor.
If he messes with NASS, they will put him where he belongs. People in Nigeria tend tic underestimate the power of the National Assembly, this guys are even more constitutionally protected than the president.
The president cannot get the senate president out, but the senate president can collide with his colleagues and that settles it
if Obasanjo was to be in power, Saraki would have been a story

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Tecno66: 3:27pm On May 21, 2017
Firgemachar:

Which one is your father?

Learn to read before commenting.
Must you insult someone at the slightest provocation? Is anyone stoping you from making your own personal views?I ll rather overlook people like you rather than join issues with you. A mature and well educated mind will not insult the fathers of people who have different political views with him.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by ENEONWO(m): 3:58pm On May 21, 2017
Falana has always proven to be a very sound legal mind. He is right on point.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by hadura29(m): 4:11pm On May 21, 2017
pressplay411:

I dey tell you my brother.. This Agbada people don tire me...
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by basic23111: 4:16pm On May 21, 2017
how did u want Nigeria to work when Nass and federal govt are rat and cat
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Ayus34(m): 4:24pm On May 21, 2017
Okoroawusa:

I can u r a serial failure that is y u r intimidated by osinbajo's achievement in his life.
ur future is very bleak.
His future is no longer blinking but doomed!!!
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by ademusiwa3r: 4:29pm On May 21, 2017
s
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Adebowale89(m): 5:20pm On May 21, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Osinbade right now

let your brothers who's sensitive comment on a serious national issues, is not meant for school sat

back to the topic, nass or na mass them named them are the problem of this country and democracy in Nigeria

I can't state 1 or 2 fact of what this good for nothing senators implement that had to the common lives of a Nigerians. they are bunch of retrogressive agent of democracy
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Adebowale89(m): 5:23pm On May 21, 2017
tuscani:
This man again !, ozekhome is coming for you !

and who he's ozekhome? is he a bokoharam personnel? because the way u put it sound as if, he's related to shekau
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Sunnyja: 5:30pm On May 21, 2017
SweetJoystick:
Well said Mr. Falana
It was this man who said there was no need to send Magu name to the senate for confirmation and now the senate has no power to review the budget !!! It seems there is much hope in countries like Somalia, Yemen, Iraq and Afanganista than this place.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by koboko69: 6:06pm On May 21, 2017
samsard:
From where I live, civilian administrations have built many structures, could they have performed better? yes. Maybe you need to hold your government accountable for their actions and inactions.

We are talking about Nigeria here. Who cares about where u live or not. Go siddon for one side abeg
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Jesusloveyou: 6:10pm On May 21, 2017
blazetitov:

Don't be disturbed. Majority are JAMB writers who are yet to see their results. Too many kids with access to Internet write unintelligently on social media.

They comment without reading, they go off point and insult anyone with a different opinion. So pathetic.
falana is also a jambite ..
Ipods sef

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by sleeveless: 6:23pm On May 21, 2017
schoolboij:

your own reasoning is appalling. how can the Nass increase a budget they don't source the funds for? what if there's no fund to execute those budgets? their power is to advise the sender the executive on necessary appropriations not unilaterally appropriate.

using your own logic, the Nass should prepare a the budget and sign it into law.

just take ur tym to go tru dis

The President submits mere estimates and not a budget as such because the Budget itself is a law which is an Act of the National Assembly and not that of the Executive. Section 81(2) provides that the estimates should be in heads of expenditure and included in an Appropriation Bill. Section 81 did not specifically say how the Appropriation Bill should be passed. It needs
not say so since S.80 and S.4 had made elaborate provisions already. In any case, S.59 is specifically devoted to money bills and gives the National Assembly and not Mr President final authority over passage of the bill into law
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by WiseFool2(m): 7:40pm On May 21, 2017
DamiBukola:
Falana is the novice here, don't you ever compare the two. Mention one contentious case won by Falana. Tribal bigot
Tribal bigot? Please go through my post and show me one part i mentioned any tribe.For your information,i am neither from yoruba or bini. I am a deltan.So, i am even closer to Ozekhome Than Falana.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Gabbyelep: 8:11pm On May 21, 2017
A repetition of what we already know
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by samsard(m): 9:20pm On May 21, 2017
koboko69:

We are talking about Nigeria here. Who cares about where u live or not. Go siddon for one side abeg
Bleep off, I live in Nigeria.
Re: Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana by Ugosample(m): 9:39pm On May 21, 2017
molasautos:
Mr man only nass cannot impeach d president it have to go thru all d state house of assembly too its not easy to impeach a president but its very easy to impeach a senate president cos that can b done by just d senators

Who told you the state houses have anything to do with impeachment?

Once the two chambers agree, the president is a goner

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Congratulates Joe Biden, US President-Elect / How President Buhari Chose The Ministerial Nominees – Garba Shehu / Stone-Base Roads Of Governor Umahi Of Ebonyi State - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.