Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust (737 Views)

IPOB Women Disgrace Nnia Nwodo, Scatter Ohanaeze Event (Photos) / IPOB Women Cry, Go Topless After They Were Denied Bail In Owerri (Photos) / Protesting IPOB Women Remove Their Clothes As Soldiers Disrupt Their MeetingPICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by HungerBAD: 6:22am On May 21, 2017
By Emma Elekwa, Awka | Publish Date: May 21 2017 2:00AM

The Nigerian Army yesterday denied molesting members of the women wing of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in Abia State.

The group, through its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, had on Friday, alleged that the women were beaten up and their cloths torn by soldiers during their meeting in Abiriba, Abia State.

But a statement issued yesterday by the Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 82 Division, and made available to newsmen in Awka, described the allegation as funny and comical, saying there was no element of truth in the accusation.

It maintained that the leadership of the Division is rather intensifying efforts in further training of troops on civilian protection/respect for human rights in and out of conflict situations.

The statement read in part: “Let me make it clear that the drama and the allegation that follow are deliberately staged by IPOB. The allegation, just like others before it, - is false, sheer IPOB’s propaganda to discredit the Nigerian Army.

“Hence, I was able to confirm from the officer in charge of patrol of Abiriba and its environs, Major Danjuma Ali and the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Abiriba, Superintendent Titus Ugwuoke who briefed me - there was no truth in IPOB’s accusation.

“On Thursday,18 May 2017, at about 1705 hours, soldiers of 14 Brigade Ohafia on routine patrol in Abiriba general area, received a distressed call alerting them of massive presence of IPOB women wing in Abiriba township stadium. Most of them (the women) were carrying Biafran flags, banners and other insignia. Majority were dressed in Biafran T-shirts.

“Instant intelligence revealed that majority of the women came from Aba, Awka, Onitsha, Owerri and Port Harcourt axis as reflected on the various banners exhibited in the stadium.

“By Friday 19, May 2017, at about 0930 hours, women in large number surged towards the stadium. At that point, the patrol team moved close to the arena, with intent to monitor them further. On sighting the team, the women ran out, removed part of their dresses and converged on an alternate venue where the Divisional Police Officer, Abiriba and His Majesty Eze Ogbu of Abiriba addressed the gathering. After the Eze’s address, they peacefully dispersed to their various destinations.

“His Royal Majesty Eze Ogbu has since briefed the local government chairman and members of the local government security council on the matter, and there was nothing to suggest that the women were rough handled or arrested”.

https://dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/army-debunks-arrest-of-ipob-women-in-abia/198576.html

3 Likes

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by Kondomatic(m): 6:25am On May 21, 2017
Nigeria army should stop issuing statements, we do not believe them.

3 Likes

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by Mynd44: 6:28am On May 21, 2017
Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by technicallyrich(m): 6:31am On May 21, 2017
Nigerian army or hausa army.because they work for the northerners for example the new lopsided appointments by the dss.
I'm not suprised they always deny from police. Expecially sars to the nigeria sorry hausa army

3 Likes

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by vedaxcool(m): 6:32am On May 21, 2017
LIEPOB
Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by DrGoodman: 6:41am On May 21, 2017
The same Nigerian army who is killing Shekau for the 5th time? cheesy

They can only lie.

2 Likes

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by greatwhite(m): 6:41am On May 21, 2017
Even if the army is right. They lack credibility. Constantly in the news for assaulting civilians. Something must change.
Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by okosodo: 7:00am On May 21, 2017
You mean the hausa army
Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by Davash222(m): 7:06am On May 21, 2017
Who takes Nigerian Army serious this days.

Yeye

3 Likes

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by carzola(m): 7:07am On May 21, 2017
Nigerian Army Aka.. Zoo lords
They only have power on ipob.

When it comes to terrorists they
Are swapping prisoners...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by HungerBAD: 7:09am On May 21, 2017
carzola:
Nigerian Army Aka.. Zoo lords
They only have power on ipob.

When it comes to terrorists they
Are swapping prisoners...

I dont know why this got me laughing.

3 Likes

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by Eggheader101: 7:41am On May 21, 2017
wait ooo,no be Arabic inscription I dey see so for our army logo ?
I blame yorubaads for all these mess.

2 Likes

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by Nkem4040: 7:44am On May 21, 2017
vedaxcool:
LIEPOB

Afonja muslim

4 Likes

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by vedaxcool(m): 7:52am On May 21, 2017
Nkem4040:

Afonja muslim

Osuja Pagan grin grin

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by Notasyouthink: 7:55am On May 21, 2017
Ipobexposed, shey those IPOB women were armed??
Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by Etogist: 7:55am On May 21, 2017
The question should be what are soldiers doing in the gathering of armless women? Are they he goats?
Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by cupidFlint(m): 8:12am On May 21, 2017
If they can deny killing armless protesters in aba despite a video evidence why can't they deny molesting the women

1 Like

Re: Army Debunks Arrest Of IPOB Women In Abia- Dailytrust by Funlord2(m): 10:55am On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

I dont know why this got me laughing.

The truth can sometimes be funny!

(1) (Reply)

South South Youths Must See This!!! / what the acting president must know about the bank of industry yes-p / Summons To Ex-president Jonathan: South-south Law Makers Protest Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.