Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God (845 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by Eddygourdo(m): 8:57am On May 21, 2017
many of us are pushed to lose Faith due to many issues that surround us. many lost faith after the death of a loved one, many lost faith after going through untold tribulations and persecutions and it made perfect sense to doubt the existence of an ever loving God.

yet how come when human truly face problems that scare the bedevil out of them, they all become believers in the non-existing God. you need to see the behaviour of passengers in an aircraft about to crash, you need to see the behavior of people when faced with great pains. they turn to God in promises and tears in deep belief and sometimes they get break through while other times they perish with their problems.

is God a God of problem solving or is he a God of your spirit. is God a God to ensure you do not lack on earth here or is he a God who should take care of your soul such that, at the end of your earthly sojourn, he will grant you rest. does this ever loving God exist who wants to take care of your future and your soul in the life thereafter?

the answer is dependent on your understanding of why you exist on earth, Nelson Mandela is dead and just like many before him, will be remembered in folklore. Adolf Hitler is dead and just like many before him is remembered in folklore. these two men spell great extremes of how much good and bad recognition you can possibly hope to achieve on earth. since for any reasonable person, the achievement of monetary wealth is significant only to the simple minded.

these great men are long gone just like many before them, the achieved polarities in reputations but today all these are naught. we are all too busy with our own life struggles to care truly about their legacy. that in the year 3000, Mandela and Hitler will not be remembered in the slightest as I and you will be remembered. thus I ask, what is it all for on earth that you feel so entitled to a stress and problem free existence.

every living thing having an earthly experience must have ups and downs, many are selected by nature to be prey and many to be predator, that it become ironical that man who dominates even the largest of animals falls prey to the smallest of them(disease causing microorganisms). we can't judge the existence of God or his omnipotence by our existence on earth. rather God is he who would define our existence when we leave this earth, a constant phenomenon of death which awaits each and everyone no matter your belief, religion, status or achievement.

people must learn to understand that it doesn't matter what happens on earth. whether you are rich, strong, poor, ugly, or accomplished. we should simply try to be earthlings. we should face problems when the come and merry when the problems are gone. we should prepare for the problems of tomorrow and hope for the merriment of next tomorrow. it's a continuous cycle of life that no one except the dead can escape from. Jesus came to die so that you and I can have life in full, this full life does not exist here on earth, because this place is of a finite existence. the full life precedes this earthly experience. it's a life that only those who believed and lived rightly and justly will get to partake in.

as a human being, as a scientist, we know there is a creative force, if the Big Bang is a creative force, we can still look at the Big Bang as an effect of a cause and we will keep going about in circles till we realize, that there is a supreme creative force which is God. he made you and I and hopefully we will rest in him to never despair again.

happy sunday
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by raphieMontella: 10:07am On May 21, 2017
Give me the cause of radioactive disintegration
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by Pastafarian: 10:12am On May 21, 2017
This nonsense has been addressed on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3363695/there-no-atheists-foxholes-how

feel free to cure your delusions by perusing it
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by Eddygourdo(m): 10:38am On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:
Give me the cause of radioactive disintegration
emission of radiation (alpha, gamma and beta) what does that have to do with anything
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by Eddygourdo(m): 10:46am On May 21, 2017
Pastafarian:
This nonsense has been addressed on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3363695/there-no-atheists-foxholes-how

feel free to cure your delusions by perusing it
have read that thread of gibberish, with personal claims and otherwise, that the fundamental question was given a "even theists do it so Wat da hell" response. this is no an attempt to address the delusions of an atheist, if you read with comprehension, you will realise the post never truly addressed atheists. you are a free scientific thinker and should quote for yourself your existential roots. if you up for such a discourse, then come so I proof that the world is a continuum from any given point in space and time in which it's been considered, but even a continuum, is a closed space of space and time. else we can't even measure or define parameters within it. seems I finally have to state the truth publicly asides on research papers in obscure journals anymore
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by raphieMontella: 11:18am On May 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
emission of radiation (alpha, gamma and beta) what does that have to do with anything
Nop... Not its result..
I said CAUSE
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by Eddygourdo(m): 11:30am On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:

Nop... Not its result..
I said CAUSE
Mr man I don't know what you are getting at, we know the nucleus of certain elements can be unstable either via naturally occurring or when triggered with high hitting explosions (particle accelerators), this forces the nucleus to become unstable and when it loses some of its constituents and in an attempt to return to its previous stable state, exudes the particles I mentioned and extreme heat which is harnessed in a typical nuclear reactor. naturally occurring elements like a type of uranium have this instability and behave thus naturally but not in a violent way as when disstabilized. see just go straight to your point please. I am not here to vomit textbook knowledge
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by raphieMontella: 11:42am On May 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
Mr man I don't know what you are getting at, we know the nucleus of certain elements can be unstable either via naturally occurring or when triggered with high hitting explosions (particle accelerators), this forces the nucleus to become unstable and when it loses some of its constituents and in an attempt to return to its previous stable state, exudes the particles I mentioned and extreme heat which is harnessed in a typical nuclear reactor. naturally occurring elements like a type of uranium have this instability and behave thus naturally but not in a violent way as when disstabilized. see just go straight to your point please. I am not here to vomit textbook knowledge
I didn't ask for all these sir. Maybe your friends can bail you out.
Equate all these big grammAr to that of the Big Bang. If you call that your cause.

So the big bang need no external cause.
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by Eddygourdo(m): 11:51am On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:

I didn't ask for all these sir. Maybe your friends can bail you out.
Equate all these big grammAr to that of the Big Bang. If you call that your cause.

So the big bang need no external cause.
utter rubbish, what existed in the Big Bang before it became a nuclear event (which it wasn't completely nuclear in the real sense of what that is defined on earth substances) , what environment existed then and was it a simple nuclear event existing in isolation? since majority of the universe is filled with rock, we can assume a single rock in space existed which due to nuclear event caused it to explode in a Big Bang and thus formed the entire universe? isn't that a stupid analogy to just assume that such existed in isolation. we have observed big bangs in space and none of them had a nuclear cause for their occurrence (supernovas etc) yet these events results into new planets very similar to how the earth was formed. Mr man I am having this discussion with you cos I am in a good mood. but please don't not exude ignorance or an inability to reason properly. if this subject matter is above your level. the. silently walk away. I need only discuss with a person who is ready to think and reason deeper than. what he has read.

so at any other time, you can proof how ur nuclear theory proves the Big Bang from a mass of huge rock filled with hydrogen that exploded in the so called "Big Bang "
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by raphieMontella: 1:26pm On May 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
utter rubbish, what existed in the Big Bang before it became a nuclear event (which it wasn't completely nuclear in the real sense of what that is defined on earth substances) , what environment existed then and was it a simple nuclear event existing in isolation? since majority of the universe is filled with rock, we can assume a single rock in space existed which due to nuclear event caused it to explode in a Big Bang and thus formed the entire universe? isn't that a stupid analogy to just assume that such existed in isolation. we have observed big bangs in space and none of them had a nuclear cause for their occurrence (supernovas etc) yet these events results into new planets very similar to how the earth was formed. Mr man I am having this discussion with you cos I am in a good mood. but please don't not exude ignorance or an inability to reason properly. if this subject matter is above your level. the. silently walk away. I need only discuss with a person who is ready to think and reason deeper than. what he has read.

so at any other time, you can proof how ur nuclear theory proves the Big Bang from a mass of huge rock filled with hydrogen that exploded in the so called "Big Bang "
I'm done with you. Can't discuss with someone who insults.
2 for all your knowledge, you called a singularity a rock.
3 in all your supreme knowledge... You called the big bang an explosion.
FYI I don't have a nuclear theory.
I only asked for the cause of radioactive disintegration.
4 space expands in itself. (stretches)
On your environment bs.
5 a singularity is not nothing.
6 your isolation question is terribly poor.
Don't isolated elements undergo spontaneous disintegration?
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by Eddygourdo(m): 1:40pm On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:

I'm done with you. Can't discuss with someone who insults.
2 for all your knowledge, you called a singularity a rock.
3 in all your supreme knowledge... You called the big bang an explosion.
FYI I don't have a nuclear theory.
I only asked for the cause of radioactive disintegration.
4 space expands in itself. (stretches)
On your environment bs.
5 a singularity is not nothing.
6 your isolation question is terribly poor.
Don't isolated elements undergo spontaneous disintegration?
you need to read about the Big Bang Theory. maybe that will help you appreciate what is claimed to have occurred. the concept that space expands is a theory which is currently unfounded on nothing concrete, you can't look at our foundational existence based on the singularity theory, like I said earlier, space time is an unending continuum depending on anywhere you start your analysis, if we go with ur spontaneous disintegration theory, that will completely negate planetary formation. only violence could create planets. thus a nuclear event whose cause isn't exactly defined under the exact paradigms we define it here on earth elements.

I repeat no singularity can exist in isolation even though it can be analyzed as thus. therefore when you think of the universe, you might also want to see it as an exauniverse(this is my term, google won't help) continuum. because there can never a point we can consider it in singularity. asides of course with respect to cause and effect, where focus will be on the effect and little on its causes, asides postulations
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by dingbang(m): 4:42pm On May 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
you need to s
who is that fool that was threatening you?
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by Eddygourdo(m): 4:45pm On May 21, 2017
dingbang:
who is that fool that was threatening you?
have no idea, would love to find him anyway. guess peeps here need to start learning there will be consequences to actions. nevertheless he talking to himself.
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by raphieMontella: 4:45pm On May 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
you need to read about the Big Bang Theory. maybe that will help you appreciate what is claimed to have occurred. the concept that space expands is a theory which is currently unfounded on nothing concrete
, lol, this one doesn't even know that the universe is expanding.
you can't look at our foundational existence based on the singularity theory, like I said earlier, space time is an unending continuum depending on anywhere you start your analysis, if we go with ur spontaneous disintegration theory,
wtf are you saying bro?
I have no spontaneous disintegration theory.. .
that will completely negate planetary formation. only violence could create planets. thus a nuclear event whose cause isn't exactly defined under the exact paradigms we define it here on earth elements.

I repeat no singularity can exist in isolation even though it can be analyzed as thus. therefore when you think of the universe, you might also want to see it as an exauniverse(this is my term, google won't help) continuum. because there can never a point we can consider it in singularity. asides of course with respect to cause and effect, where focus will be on the effect and little on its causes, asides postulations
I only said that if radioactive disintegration can occur without a cause.. ..the big bang can also behave like wise.
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by dingbang(m): 4:47pm On May 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
have no idea, would love to find him anyway. guess peeps here need to start learning there will be consequences to actions. nevertheless he talking to himself.
yea.. I made sure he got banned... At least for a start
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by Eddygourdo(m): 4:49pm On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:
, lol, this one doesn't even know that the universe is expanding. wtf are you saying bro?
I have no spontaneous disintegration theory.. . that will completely negate planetary formation. only violence could create planets. thus a nuclear event whose cause isn't exactly defined under the exact paradigms we define it here on earth elements.

I only said that if radioactive disintegration can occur without a cause.. ..the big bang can also behave like wise.
and I tell you the Big Bang can only occur with a cause. and please who told you that radioactive disintegration can occur without a cause as the only way, there are different forms of stability and in the naturally occurring radioactive materials, this disintegration appears normal, that we can affect that disintegration and speed things up means it's not happening without a cause. please clear urself and stop arguing
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by Eddygourdo(m): 4:53pm On May 21, 2017
dingbang:
yea.. I made sure he got banned... At least for a start
he will come out from somewhere again. wonder who he is and what is issue is exactly asides the thread on the front page. maybe it struck a nerve. nevertheless I will find ways to contact the DSS, I screenshoted some of his statements and all the messages I sent to the nairaland mods which they didn't respond to.

if this forum could be used by anybody to slander people, simply because many are professionals and maintain professional profiles here and there. guess things need to be watched. thanks though for the ban
Re: There Has Never Been An Atheist In A Pit.... Please Search For God by dingbang(m): 5:11pm On May 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
he will come out from somewhere again. wonder who he is and what is issue is exactly asides the thread on the front page. maybe it struck a nerve. nevertheless I will find ways to contact the DSS, I screenshoted some of his statements and all the messages I sent to the nairaland mods which they didn't respond to.

if this forum could be used by anybody to slander people, simply because many are professionals and maintain professional profiles here and there. guess things need to be watched. thanks though for the ban
as in eh.. Kids who just registered yesterday want to come trade words with their elders.

You welcome big bro

(1) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore / Does God Feel Pains? / Deeper Life Pastor Arrested, Detained By Masquerade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.