Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime (852 Views)

Chimaroke Nnamani, Sullivan Chime, Ekweremadu Throwback Photo / Clara And Sullivan Chime Divorce: Husband Only Had Sex With Me On Wedding Day / Photos From The Wedding Of Ex-governor Sullivan Chime's Son In Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by emmasege: 12:17pm On May 21, 2017
Sullivan Chime declared the PDP is dead and buried -

The former Enugu governor said those are still there must forge a new path - He said he had to tell his people the truth because of conscience Sullivan Chime who is a former governor of Enugu state has declared that the Peoples Democratic Party is dead and that anyone still there doesn’t know what he or she is doing. The former governor who was in power for eight years on the platform of the PDP also defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress a few weeks ago and was on hand to receive over 1000 new defectors.

Daily Post reports that the former governor spoke on Saturday, May 19 when a former Commissioner for Culture and Tourism in Enugu State, Chief Joe Mmamel, defected to the APC. Mmamel was received by his ward chairman of the APC, Chidozie Uchenna; state chairman, Dr Ben Nwoye; national vice chairman (South-East), Chief Emma Enukwu and Chime. Mmamel said he joined the APC because his local government was in dire need of development and that he made the decision so that it was benefit from new uplift. “It is sad that the PDP is dead. Therefore, we need to align ourselves to a political party that will bring visible development to our people. “We are going to a political party that will receive and help us to realise our dreams.” Chime who spoke later said it was necessary for those still in the PDP to forge a new path. The former governor said having been in the PDP for a long time, he could tell that the party was now dead. He said his conscience wuld not rest until he tells his people the truth. He said: “The PDP we all belonged to is dead. If I fail to tell you, my conscience will judge me. One of the factional chairmen of the party even advised his followers recently to contest elections elsewhere. “APC came into existence and barely one year after they dethroned the PDP. No matter how strong you are if death comes you must go and that was the lot of PDP. “The party was strong nationally in 2015 because those of us in the states were strong. But it is now dead. “If you see any PDP member pray for such person because they do not know what they are doing. “They will come to you because they don’t have alternative and you should not laugh at them when they come.

” Meanwhile, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu described former Enugu state governor, Chime, as a political novice. Ekweremadu made this known while addressing Chime’s kinsmen, under the aegis of Udi Consultative Forum, the Punch reports. It was gathered that Chime’s kinsmen visited the Enugu state governor’s lodge to disown Chime for leaving the PDP for the APC. They pledged their loyalty to Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu state, Ekweremadu, and others elected on the platform of the PDP. Addressing Chime’s kinsmen, Ekweremadu noted that Chime’s decision to leave PDP was borne out of inexperience. He noted that two other former governors in the state, who left PDP in the past (Chief Jim Nwobodo and Dr. Chimaraoke Nnamani), have not been able to recover from the consequences of their decision. He said: “The problem is that our former governor (Chime) does not have sufficient experience in politics. “If you watch what happened in Udi on Saturday (rally held to welcome Chime to APC), no APC senator came, no APC member of the House of Representatives was there. The only governor that came there from Sokoto State (Aminu Tambuwal) was only passing by."

https://www.naij.com/1105816-pdp-dead-i-people-truth-chime.html
Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 21, 2017

No Mr Chime or is it Chume (Soyinka: trials of brother Jero) it is your political career that is dead and buried.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by emmasege: 12:28pm On May 21, 2017
Hope our south eastern friends have been taking note of how their friends and relations are migrating in their droves to the ruling party in spite of the party's clueless, wicked and fruitless governance.

Instead of lending their opposition voices to the like of FFK and Fayose, they are busy hopping from one party to another in search of food like a ravenous dog. Like i posted somewhere on NL yesterday, until the Igbos take care of the enemies within they can as well forget about anyone (If any) without.
Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by Chikelue2000(m): 12:53pm On May 21, 2017
Truth be told, PDP is not dead, PDP appear dead because APC will do all including rigging to dethrone PDP

2 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 21, 2017
Yet you served as a governor under PDP. Nigeria politicians have no iota of shame in them.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by rifasenate11(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2017
is that so? we are awaiting 2019. let's see the extent that APC will go to bury other oppositions. if PDP is dead, Nigerians will resurrect it come 2019, because we are tired of the Lies that has been emanating from APC since 2015.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by Trut(m): 1:25pm On May 21, 2017
Chime, the reason you decamped to APC is because EFCC is investigating the SHOPPING MALL you are building with stolen Enugu state money and land, the MALL opposite OKPARA SQUARE/BEHIND ENUGU STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY. You decamped to APC for your sins to be washed. There other shaddy deals you did during your tenure which is also investigating.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by victorDanladi: 2:32pm On May 21, 2017
The man will become the enemy of the Biafra now.Their problem is that PDP and GEJ is no more in power,not even Ojukwu APGA oooo!...Anyway,that shows how confused they could be.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 21, 2017
Trut:
Chime, the reason you decamped to APC is because EFCC is investigating the SHOPPING MALL you are building with stolen Enugu state money and land, the MALL opposite OKPARA SQUARE/BEHIND ENUGU STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY. You decamped to APC for your sins to be washed. There other shaddy deals you did during your tenure which is also investigating.
what of ifeanyi ubah dat decamped to apc, did it save him? He's still rotting away in prison last time I checked
Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by perfectchoice(f): 3:05pm On May 21, 2017
I wish Chime will contest come 2019. Lets show u how dead ur political carrier is. Tell me 1 thing u did for ur constutiency, f ool at 40.
Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by morbeta(m): 4:59pm On May 21, 2017
I understand the politics of the east, come in two years time, all will jump ship to Apc.
Re: PDP Is Dead And Buried- Sullivan Chime by perfectchoice(f): 9:05pm On May 21, 2017
morbeta:
I understand the politics of the east, come in two years time, all will jump ship to Apc.

Who is this zombi

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu Is A Coward- Reno Omokri / High Chief Ateke Tom Celebrates Birthday Wit Widows,Donates Cash,Wrapper To Them / Osibanjo Is A Mere Constitutional Stooge Abokis Are Incharge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.