Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice (2091 Views)

Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record / 12 New Federal Universities Approved As 2nd Choice By JAMB For 2017 Registration / Jamb 2017 2nd Choice Degree University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 21, 2017
I got 326 in jamb this year,i choosed my state university as first choice,UI as Second choice for medicine,am contemplating if I Shud change to UI as first choice,I don't want to stay home for another year,Please wats ur advice?
NOTE;I got 2A,1B2,1B3 n C4 in the 5 core subjects in Waec
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by lebienconnu: 1:45pm On May 21, 2017
based on last year modality your score is as follows:

(24/30)*50 + 326/8 = 80.75

last year's cut off was 76.76 probably the highest in the nation. Now, there is an upsurge in the number of applicants this year so there may be an increase.

I know of a guy that was admitted to study Medicine in UI despite making it the second choice. His first choice was OAU. Of course, he was admitted in both schools but, naturally, he preferred UI (who wouldn't?). I don't know if UI still does this though.

My advice is, don't change your first choice to UI but when they call for post utme screening just go through the process. if you make the merit list, let us hope that you will be admitted.

1 Like

Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 21, 2017
lebienconnu:
based on last year modality your score is as follows:

(24/30)*50 + 326/8 = 80.75

last year's cut off was 76.76 probably the highest in the nation. Now, there is an upsurge in the number of applicants this year so there may be an increase.

I know of a guy that was admitted to study Medicine in UI despite making it the second choice. His first choice was OAU. Of course, he was admitted in both schools but, naturally, he preferred UI (who wouldn't?). I don't know if UI still does this though.

My advice is, don't change your first choice to UI but when they call for post utme screening just go through the process. if you make the merit list, let us hope that you will be admitted.
Can I apply for both university,i thought it was not possible
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 21, 2017
Maybe it used to work in the past when candidates made UI their second choice and were allowed to write putme along side first choice candidates, but not anymore! UI will not consider you for admission if you chose her as second choice.

My advice; change UI to first choice or stick to your state university as first choice if you are certain abt the latter's admission.
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by lebienconnu: 2:11pm On May 21, 2017
Sterix10:

Can I apply for both university,i thought it was not possible

Things may have changed. In that case, I would advise not to risk UI o. What state university did you apply to?
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by TheLogicalMind(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2017
With that kind of score, you won't just get into U.I., you will stroll in. The V.C. will personally meet you at the University Gate to offer you his congratulations grin

4 Likes

Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Singlecliq: 2:32pm On May 21, 2017
Admission this days depends not only your jamb score. You should take into cognisance your o level, course of study and the school too.

For affordable website check my siggy
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by NLProblemChild(m): 3:00pm On May 21, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
With that kind of score, you won't just get into U.I., you will stroll in. The V.C. will personally meet you at the University Gate to offer you his congratulations grin
he want us to know that he had 300+

2 Likes

Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Jfrankination(m): 3:58pm On May 21, 2017
NLProblemChild:
he want us to know that he had 300+
Lmao..guy i no say i go find u here
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Jfrankination(m): 4:00pm On May 21, 2017
Op u are u blatant lair..haw can u choose state uni nd still choose UI as second choice? hope u knw u can't register 2 public uni? by d way, wich state uni is dat? nd drop screenshot of ur result or u gerarahere mehn!!!

1 Like

Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by ChikaMaLaKai(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2017
Pls Guys I scored 227 .And I want to do A change of Course .Pls Which Course Under Faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical & Health Sciences Can i Change To. (Uniport).Thanks.
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Olamybabs(m): 4:14pm On May 21, 2017
Jfrankination:
Op u are u blatant lair..haw can u choose state uni nd still choose UI as second choice? hope u knw u can't register 2 public uni? by d way, wich state uni is dat? nd drop screenshot of ur result or u gerarahere mehn!!!
sorry ehn? Sadist! Mtcheew
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 21, 2017
That's my result,its just dat I wasted 1yr home last year,My family forced me into choosing BSU,am just confused,UI is my dream uni

1 Like

Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by NLProblemChild(m): 4:20pm On May 21, 2017
Jfrankination:
Lmao..guy i no say i go find u here
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 21, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
Are u sure,am waiting to see jamb result statistics,if pple dat score 300 n above exceeds 5000,i won't change
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Jfrankination(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2017
Olamybabs:
sorry ehn? Sadist! Mtcheew
mtcheww
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Sleekshady(f): 5:44pm On May 21, 2017
Get change of institution form when it's available, make UI your first choice and your state Uni the second choice.. It's safer that way.
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Sleekshady(f): 5:45pm On May 21, 2017
Get change of institution form when it's available, make UI your first choice and your state Uni the second choice.. It's safer that way
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Kendzyma(m): 5:50pm On May 21, 2017
Sterix10:
That's my result,its just dat I wasted 1yr home last year,My family forced me into choosing BSU,am just confused,UI is my dream uni
nigga!...dnt wast this golden opportunity... Your chances of being admitted to u.I is 99% with that aggregate... Change u.I to first choice so that u wunt regret it later
You will surely make u.I merit list....state uni will still consider you for second choice buy not u.i...nt anymore.
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by paulbets: 6:25pm On May 21, 2017
Sterix10:
With this score and your o level, I will rather advice you to choose unilag first choice.. because in unilag your aggregate will be 84.75.
Your chances are higher in unilag and you will love it there.
Also you can wait for jamb to issue their result statistics, and then make your calculation.
All in all, I believe unilag gives you more chance
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by ShawttySoFyne(f): 7:32pm On May 21, 2017
Sterix10:
Woow nice result.
Hope for the best smiley
Re: Will I Get Admission Into University Of Ibadan With 326 Jamb Score As 2nd Choice by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 21, 2017
Sterix10:

Are u sure,am waiting to see jamb result statistics,if pple dat score 300 n above exceeds 5000,i won't change

Bro make UI your first choice now or regret it later. Even if you score 400/400, they won't even allow you pertake in the screening(being a second choice candidate) talkless admitting you. Take heed!

(1) (Reply)

Am I To Rewrite The Jamb Exam? / Unilag Accomodations: Luxury Female Hostel-micasa 2 Private Female Hostel Akoka. / Meet Medical Student That Broke All Records Of Distinctions In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.