Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,420 members, 7,853,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi (463 Views)

''buhari Has Performed Exceptionally Well'' - Lai Mohammed Says / Arewa Youths - Buhari Has Performed Below Expectation / "Wike Has Performed Better Than Federal Government In Just Two Years" - Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by Trueigbo: 6:07am On May 22, 2017
Utomi, a chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), has said the party has performed below expectation and called on the founding fathers to reform it to correct some of its lapses.

Utomi told the Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in New York that the party had to be reformed to refocus it to its founding ideals.

The founder and former presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) party said some of the founding fathers were more committed to building APC as an enduring political party.

He, however, regretted that some people were more interested in taking titles in the party, rather than building it.

“I’m a member of the APC; I’m one of the real founding members of the APC. It’s not been what we thought it would be; let’s be very honest, the party has under-performed, the party’s structure has been poor,” he said.

Utomi said APC leadership has been poor while the government and the party have not worked well together.

“But we shall reform it from within by God’s grace and make it work better.

“We have to wish on God’s grace and hope that things work differently. Anything that works, that will make a difference, I will do,” he said.

Utomi, a professor of political economy and former Special Adviser in the Second Republic government of former President Shehu Shagari, said he was not ambitious for political power. He, however, said he is more interested in whatever would relieve Nigerians from the hardship they have faced under successive administrations. “All my life I’ve always been willing to do anything, no matter how sacrificial it is, to advance the common good of our people.

“The thing I have never cared for is pursuit of power for the sake of power. I’m not looking for anything, I’m quite happy with the fortunes that my circumstance has brought to me. “I belong to a serious group of people who really are motivated by one thing alone – service to the people. “Making the life we live better, more harmony among the people of Nigeria, I will be very pleased to do anything – Councillor, President, just name anything.

“So I have no problem about engaging for serving if it will lead to real progress, not to a title, I don’t believe in titles.

“We must begin to look at leaders who don’t seek titles and who can make a difference without a title,” he said.

Utomi, who is the Director of Lagos Business School, decried what he described as “the triumph of politics” and the “politicisation of everything” in the country.

“We are not thinking development, growth of our country, our children and their future, we’re thinking politics.

“Many of the people in positions of authority are so consumed by politics; they don’t think about the Nigerian people.

“I think this obsession with who is winning the next election, can take Nigeria completely away from the path of development.

“If you say ‘good morning’, they say ‘is he against Buhari, is he for Tinubu, is he a Jonathan person’; we don’t have public conversation of quality that can help us change our country for good. “Take a very simple issue; the government is very concerned about corruption, nothing can more interest me than corruption because it’s done fundamental damage to Nigeria. “But because of the triumph of politics, if you talk about corruption, you get the spin immediately because of the way we have managed the whole corruption issue, as a flood of issues.”

Source http://sunnewsonline.com/apc-has-performed-below-expectation-utomi/
Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by PointZerom: 6:12am On May 22, 2017
ok
Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by Tastemoney(m): 6:19am On May 22, 2017
Lol.

Na now u dey wake up?
Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by Redoil: 6:21am On May 22, 2017
How true are these assertions been put forward by this bororo that made us believe buhari is the next best after aisha jollof rice which is his own personal opinion.
If you agree apc are better than pdp click like
If you agree apc are learning compare to pdp when it comes to performing click share

1 Like

Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by Vicolan: 6:21am On May 22, 2017
Correct or not 2019 is approaching......
All promises cancelled
Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by Nobody: 6:28am On May 22, 2017
Infact below below expectation self. A true totalitarinism will help Nigeria, Except for that, Democrarcy upon Democracy means suffering upon suffering. Believe me!
Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by olujastro: 6:32am On May 22, 2017
I agree and this is mainly because Baba has been very slow in taking concrete actions on key economic and social issues. It looks like we really crawled Baba if you compare with the activeness of PYO.
But if you actively follow developmental projects, you'll agree that APC is definitely putting us on the right path of development compared to the grand looters, PDP.
Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by abescom: 6:33am On May 22, 2017
APC have sincerely performed lower than expectation but in the context of things, they have performed way better than PDP.

The only people who miss PDP are those who are gained from them, those who are uneducated as to why we have found ourselves at this level and the bigots who are deliberately blinded to the FACTS.

Buhari and APC's impact will only be felt 8-12 years time. I personally have no regret that I campaigned for Buhari. When I was hyping him for the presidency I knew no matter what he does, we won't feel the impact positively as such and it is due to the decay in the statement.

Buhari will surely lay the foundation for a better Nigeria but won't be able to complete the building project.
Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by gberra: 6:37am On May 22, 2017
A misleading headline.

Igbos always lie tongue
Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by Mynd44: 6:37am On May 22, 2017
Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by olujastro: 6:41am On May 22, 2017
Error
Re: APC Has Performed Below Expectation –utomi by Nobody: 6:43am On May 22, 2017
I reckon APC has fallen below expectations.

But the problem is, making the Nigerian economy better is going to involve a lot of sacrifices....which means running a hard austerity type economy, ending excessive government spending, tackling corruption at the root, and taking us away from oil dependency.

Things that APC is not doing...because of APC...and by extension Nigerians....desire to run an economy based on sharing money.And I doubt that the Nigerian opposition....balkanized as it is....has any better ideas.

In short, Nigerians are resistant to ideas that might actually improve the economy. See the resistance to GEJ's attempt to remove fuel subsidies(which if they had been done back in 2012....by now we would have had a more prosperous hydrocarbon sector) or the resistance to the anti-corruption efforts of this government(which basically amounts to sheep voting for every day to be declared Sallah/Christmas day...and volunteering en masse for the butcher's block). We are a nation of people who want to chop......and our politicians reflect our choices.

(1) (Reply)

Wike Is Commissioning Projects Ortom Is Giving Out Wheelbarrows. Mark. Video / To The Brave Briafran Soldiers: I Salute Your Courage / BREAKING NEWS: Ex-director Of Ministry Of Finance Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.