Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 (647699 Views)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Recruitment For Entry-levels At Nigerian Immigration Service NIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by kayteajay111(m): 7:01am On May 28, 2017
[b][/b] I'm tired of this problem of registration, while some will not apply and get the job.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by OlufunshoBC: 7:26am On May 28, 2017
House, please help share your knowledge on this. Grade and qualification link is not active on my page. I also notice that my applied rank is not showing. I have sign up using all my 3 different emails viz yahoo, gmail and outlook hence this problem persist. What could be the reason. Pls, your ideas is valuable to me on this issue...
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by piscesgem(m): 8:15am On May 28, 2017
skeelz:

Pls dnt argue on stuff u dont know, let me skool you... Their has always been inspectorate and supritendant cadres.. . With HND you are recruited as a senior inspector, their are four ranks above the senior inspector rank in the inspectorate cadre i.e PII principal inspector of immigration, ACII assistant chief inspector of immigration, DCII deputy chief inspector of immigration, CII chief inspector of immigration... all that ends at conpass 12.... Where as when recruited as an assistant supritendant you have 10 ranks to reach the CG comptroller general..... So i am sure you know this means those on inspectorate cadre wont just retire after attaining 4 ranks.... Now based on your years of service from that CI chief inspector you are promoted to a lower supritendant level of say maybe DSI duputy supritendant, by then those who joined tru supritendant at dsame time wit u are on a higher rank..... My father joined with ND as an assistant inspector and rose to DC which is just 4 ranks away from the comptroller general,.. . You either bliv it or you dnt, all thesame..
Please stop saying what u don't know...go ask or download the expanded inspectorate cadre
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 8:33am On May 28, 2017
I wish Immigration was as organized as the Nigerian Airforce. On the Airforce recruitment you know the closing date of application, screening and eventually enlistment.
But, this one may get to November before we begin to see anything tangible.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by piscesgem(m): 8:34am On May 28, 2017
skeelz:

Pls dnt argue on stuff u dont know, let me skool you... Their has always been inspectorate and supritendant cadres.. . With HND you are recruited as a senior inspector, their are four ranks above the senior inspector rank in the inspectorate cadre i.e PII principal inspector of immigration, ACII assistant chief inspector of immigration, DCII deputy chief inspector of immigration, CII chief inspector of immigration... all that ends at conpass 12.... Where as when recruited as an assistant supritendant you have 10 ranks to reach the CG comptroller general..... So i am sure you know this means those on inspectorate cadre wont just retire after attaining 4 ranks.... Now based on your years of service from that CI chief inspector you are promoted to a lower supritendant level of say maybe DSI duputy supritendant, by then those who joined tru supritendant at dsame time wit u are on a higher rank..... My father joined with ND as an assistant inspector and rose to DC which is just 4 ranks away from the comptroller general,.. . You either bliv it or you dnt, all thesame..

For avoidance of doubt, these are d new inspectorate cadre

Senior immigration assistant level 6 (starting point for OND)

Assistant inspector of immigration 6

Chief immigration assistant 7

Inspector of immigration 7

Senior inspector of immigration 8 ( starting point for HND)

Principal inspector of immigration II 9

Principal inspector of immigration I 10

Assistant chief inspector of immigration 11

Deputy chief inspector of immigration 12

Chief inspector of immigration II 13

Chief inspector of immigration I 14

So with the new expansion if u enter from the inspectorate cadre, no conversion or promotion to comptroller cadre...u just wait your time out on level 14...adios
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by uzokingn(m): 8:48am On May 28, 2017
Gosj01:
Done and filled everything less than 15mins. with my phone. The issh now is how to get guarantor in the rank range.
pls bro can I ask u question ?, 08063780830 watsap
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by joefills1(m): 8:51am On May 28, 2017
stainlessgerard:
........it means no subject should be repeated twice....like for instance..accounting , accounting...is not allowed...change one of d accounting to anoda subject(pls don't add grade if u dint sit for d exam)..den click on save button
thanks so much, i just did that but it tells me ''unable to save record'.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by kratoss(m): 10:48am On May 28, 2017
piscesgem:

For avoidance of doubt,

U mean even with additional qualification u can't convert?? Bullshit u gave right der
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by stainlessgerard(m): 10:49am On May 28, 2017
destiro:

Thanks for your concern, but the only part I didn't fill is d working experience tab. Could dat be d problem?
...YES
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by stainlessgerard(m): 10:50am On May 28, 2017
kratoss:

U mean even with additional qualification u can't convert?? Bullshit u gave right der
....read d general instruction very well u wil see for ursef..
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by piscesgem(m): 11:01am On May 28, 2017
kratoss:

There is definitely conversation to officer cadre after obtaining B.Sc, but such have a window I.e, there is a level u will be on the inspectorate cadre and u can't convert again and such conversion is based on vacancy, if you know how many waiting for conversion for the pass 3years now, u will baffle, it will always be written there will be conversion but how feasible it is, so it's better if u are joining from inspectorate cadre to just zero and not put hope in any conversion,
... meanwhile, grow up and stop behaving childish, pass your views without insults...
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by kratoss(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2017
piscesgem:

There is definitely conversation to officer cadre after obtaining B.Sc, but such have a window I.e, there is a level u will be on the inspectorate cadre and u can't convert again... meanwhile, grow up and stop behaving childish, pass your views without insults...

With a hnd and a masters degree u can covert it dsnt hav to be a bsc, u can even apply with hnd and masters degree in the supritendant cadre.. .. And sorry i hav no idea 'Bullshit' is an insult grin
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by kratoss(m): 11:20am On May 28, 2017
stainlessgerard:
....read d general instruction very well u wil see for ursef..

U ar funny,,, so they even mentioned conversion in general instructions?? Abi u dnt knw wat we talking abt ni and u decided to quote me?? Go and sleep
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Lagusta(m): 11:27am On May 28, 2017
OlufunshoBC:
House, please help share your knowledge on this. Grade and qualification link is not active on myt̀ page. I also notice that my applied rank is not showing. I have sign up using all my 3 different emails viz yahoo, gmail and outlook hence this problem persist. What could be the reason. Pls, your ideas is valuable to me on this issue...

Change to desktop view, you're using mobile view which won't work....

The site has to display as PC site on your phone before u can do anything on it......
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Bigii(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2017
yahzak:
I'm just here hoping and praying that we are given a final chance to correct any mistake we did after locking up the data. I'm scared of reapplying due to the disqualification threat when you apply multiple times. Just wish there was a way we can get to them and appeal for a data Mistake correction. Really not fair to miss such an opportunity just because of a mistake one might have made.

What was the mistake?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by ajeleseujn(m): 11:38am On May 28, 2017
kclub83:
I can't select grade for my degree. For those that have applied, pls how did you select your grade? Mine is not showing

Use a computer system for an easy registration. Mobile phone will not show all the details you are required to fill.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by piscesgem(m): 11:43am On May 28, 2017
kratoss:

With a hnd and a masters degree u can covert it dsnt hav to be a bsc, u can even apply with hnd and masters degree in the supritendant cadre.. .. And sorry i hav no idea 'Bullshit' is an insult grin

Conversion is not automatic, it's based on available vacancy, if you see the number of people on the inspectorate cadre waiting for conversion for 3years now, u will be amazed...so it's better when one is entering from the inspectorate cadre to just zero ur mind, get additional qualifications for ur self development, if conversion comes better...for the board to even expand the cadre to level 14 shows there intent
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Esji80(m): 11:44am On May 28, 2017
UPLOAD PASSPORT PROBLEM The upload button is not responding again ooo, I did mine successsfully. I want to help a friend upload his passport, the upload button is not responding oooo . Pls help, I used Chrome, IE, Firefox, Opera but couldnt load. The button is not responding at all. The passport is less than 30KB
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by kratoss(m): 11:55am On May 28, 2017
piscesgem:

Conversion is not automatic, it's based on available vacancy, if you see the number of people on the inspectorate cadre waiting for conversion for 3years now, u will be amazed...so it's better when one is entering from the inspectorate cadre to just zero ur mind, get additional qualifications for ur self development, if conversion comes better...for the board to even expand the cadre to level 14 shows there intent

Yeah it takes time and alot of hard work and sometimes who you know in the service matters, but its still very doable..
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Basalt(m): 12:02pm On May 28, 2017
For those still applying, I have an important information for you.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING because after wasting your time and megabite, you will see something like this.
RECORD CAN NOT BE SAVED

I think the application has closed, SO STOP WASTING YOUR MEGABITE, IF YOU DOUBT ME, YOU CAN TRY and see for yourself grin grin

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 12:17pm On May 28, 2017
Basalt:
For those still applying, I have an important information for you.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING because after wasting your time and megabite, you will see something like this.
RECORD CAN NOT BE SAVED

I think the application has closed, SO STOP WASTING YOUR MEGABITE, IF YOU DOUBT ME, YOU CAN TRY and see for yourself grin grin
[quote][/quote] are u sure abt this info? I thought it was to close by June or July according to the newspaper publication
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by SuccesYear: 12:40pm On May 28, 2017
People and rumour. Here goes d closing date

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by uzokingn(m): 12:43pm On May 28, 2017
merit1988:
are u sure abt this info? I thought it was to close by June or July according to the newspaper publication
don't mind him I jst locked my data now.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by captainuc(m): 1:14pm On May 28, 2017
Hello guys, pls what do you think of the day, month you started and graduated from your primary school. Is't possible for one to recall all that? Or can i just put any date i wish?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by yanabasee(m): 1:25pm On May 28, 2017
captainuc:
Hello guys, pls what do you think of the day, month you started and graduated from your primary school. Is't possible for one to recall all that? Or can i just put any date i wish?

Oga,

Both secondary schools and primary schools have first terms from september to november and december is break... then January to March is second term, April is easter break, Then again May through July is third term, August is break...

The exact day isn't necessary... that depends on the day u resume school not the day the school resumed as those dates varies year to year.. but it should be within the first week of every month...

Be Guided!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Esji80(m): 1:32pm On May 28, 2017
uzokingn:
don't mind him I jst locked my data now.
captainuc:
zanebaddo:
Thank you done that already
blakwater:
I FINISHED MY REGISTRATION IN A DAY WHILE I WAIT AND CROSS CHECK FOR ERRORS FOR 2 DAYS .....THIS IS NIGERIA THEY ARE WAITING FOR YOU TO MAKE THAT MISTAKE SEF
Esji80:
UPLOAD PASSPORT PROBLEM The upload button is not responding again ooo, I did mine successsfully. I want to help a friend upload his passport, the upload button is not responding oooo . Pls help, I used Chrome, IE, Firefox, Opera but couldnt load. The button is not responding at all. The passport is less than 30KB
Lagusta:

Use Gmail and check spam mail
Esji80:
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by shakol91(m): 2:24pm On May 28, 2017
Please i need help to choose Local Government,and O'level result with 2 Sittings, it keeps showing *One or more of the subjects in your second sitting is the same* what should i do?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 2:34pm On May 28, 2017
captainuc:
[quote][/quote]check ur testimonial.its indicated there

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by kunleee(m): 2:42pm On May 28, 2017
baqina:
It is unfortunate that so called graduates don't know d difference between guarantor forms and referee.... even d form states.."referee's form"...so pathetic..

someone even tried to correct,some people called him "ITK"..

though the form is name RefForm but a look on the dashboard shows it is a Guarantors form. see attached. hope this is clear enough with the referee and guarantor issue.

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 2:54pm On May 28, 2017
kunleee:

though the form is name RefForm but a look on the dashboard shows it is a Guarantors form. see attached. hope this is clear enough with the referee and guarantor issue.
smiley[quote][/quote] that is exactly were the confusion started from
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by twosquare(m): 3:14pm On May 28, 2017
OrangeDream:
I wish Immigration was as organized as the Nigerian Airforce. On the Airforce recruitment you know the closing date of application, screening and eventually enlistment.
But, this one may get to November before we begin to see anything tangible.
Application will close in less than 6 weeks from the day of post- May 22. We have 5 weeks left.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by dioss: 3:52pm On May 28, 2017
Sorry house, I want to ask one simple question.

Is it true that every man in Immigration Service today in Nigeria is 1.65m and above
and every woman likewise is 1.6m and above?

My friend(a man) who is 1.6m is in a fix whether to apply or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (158) (Reply)

Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.