Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,505 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman (40827 Views)

MAKE MONEY AND ENJOY STEADY SUPPLY OF FOODSTUFFS ALL YEAR ROUND / Prices Of Foodstuffs Go Down In Lagos Markets / Will Prices Of Foodstuffs Ever Come Down If Recession Ends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by pablobellins(m): 5:41pm On May 22, 2017
As you were not among those shouting say baba the other day

Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by MsFaith: 5:45pm On May 22, 2017
sirugos:
If i had buhari as my father, i would have rejected him and look for another person i can call my father.

Easier said than done.
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by rockyh(m): 6:33pm On May 22, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
if arm robber come rob you from 1980 to 2015, how will you survive within 2yrs or even 12yrs?
Ipods sef
its a pity the way u think in this era so in the over fifty years of independence,just twice have we had recession yet under same person being at the helm of power not ring a bell of being incompetent in terms of administration to rule us to economic growth
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by tonididdy(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2017
i-personally-think-there-should-be-a-thorough-PRICE-CONTROL/MONITORING-COMMITTEE-because-most-farmers-and-traders-are-just-been-greedy
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by Leo81(m): 6:44pm On May 22, 2017
Thank God, we are suffering it together. Am not surprise, because I knew it from inception that APC is a Scam..
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by Rtopzy(f): 7:05pm On May 22, 2017

Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by Omeokachie: 7:06pm On May 22, 2017
Change!
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by APCmyheart(m): 7:24pm On May 22, 2017
sirugos:
must everybody be a politician? Nkita ara

Am not talking about him being a politicians, What was his achievement?
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by APCmyheart(m): 7:34pm On May 22, 2017
bishopkay:

You can vote a dog for all I care I don't give a damn! I just want to correct an impression - crude oil prices Started falling in 2013 and fell below 30 USD in 2014 and maintained that low till 2015; yet things weren't this bad.

I don't know why you people would never tell yourselves the truth.

If the problem was all about low oil prices and corruption, why is it that even with the appreciating price, the economy still remains in shambles. Why is it that even with the "massive looting" that took place under the previous admin, it never got this bad?

This administration pack lacks what it takes to maintain a stable economy. They lack the know how and policies to alleviate the sufferings of the masses on the economical haemorrhage they've made the country pass through.

These facts are glaring yet we still support the rubbish! Nonsense!

At times I wonder how people still survive in this hell hole of a country

LOL first of all you need to stop lying to your fellow wailing zombie, Crude oil was still above $80 in 2014 and drop in late 2014 and was still above $60 per barrel.. Mind you when it fell below $100 that was when dollar rise from 199 to 225..

When crude oil price fell bellow $80 dolalr rise to 265.. By the time GEJ hand over to Buhari crude oil has drop bellow $60 and then dollar was around 285..

Again Emefiele was the CBN Governor under GEJ and still remain the CBN Governors please why can't he perform the same magic..

When there's corruption in the land everything will keep flowing because someone that stole money will build/buy house, Buy cars, share money to people etc.. But in a situation where there's is no corruption no one will splash money around since they have no access to free money anymore and those that stole money then are afraid to spend it...

Either you like it or not PMB remain the best and international community are commend him so far because that know how badly Nigeria was looted in the past..

All you can do is wail PMB till 2023..
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by dedeorji(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2017
TRAY2:
My question is How do some people still survive?
If you begin to analyse how we kept going despite all this, you may never understand it.
some people might term it resilient attitude of Nigerians,
But I definitely know that God has been our sustenance.
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by oluwashedy: 7:59pm On May 22, 2017
Sleeves that cost 1.5k-3k is now 5k.... Body wears aren't exempted tu from the current economic woe brought on us by this clues govt
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by free2ryhme: 8:01pm On May 22, 2017
sirugos:
If i had buhari as my father, i would have rejected him and look for another person i can call my father.

is that how your were rejected

please get respect
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by bishopkay: 8:03pm On May 22, 2017
APCmyheart:

LOL first of all you need to stop lying to your fellow wailing zombie, Crude oil was still above $80 in 2014 and drop in late 2014 and was still above $60 per barrel.. Mind you when it fell below $100 that was when dollar rise from 199 to 225..

When crude oil price fell bellow $80 dolalr rise to 265.. By the time GEJ hand over to Buhari crude oil has drop bellow $60 and then dollar was around 285..

Again Emefiele was the CBN Governor under GEJ and still remain the CBN Governors please why can't he perform the same magic..

When there's corruption in the land everything will keep flowing because someone that stole money will build/buy house, Buy cars, share money to people etc.. But in a situation where there's is no corruption no one will splash money around since they have no access to free money anymore and those that stole money then are afraid to spend it...

Either you like it or not PMB remain the best and international community are commend him so far because that know how badly Nigeria was looted in the past..

About your claims on oil price, hope you have proof? cos I can give you a dozen proofs on what I said.

The economic policies maintained by a government goes a long way to make an economy buoyant or not.

Well it'd be a waste of my time to even argue with you; as from your "recessive grammatical constructions" I can only conclude you are one of the almajiris who need alhaji's support to feed so who are you to go against the wishes of alhaji?

Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by stinkmainer: 8:06pm On May 22, 2017
gberra:
These people no dey tire. Whenever things are gradually improving, they always choose to attach bad belle in everything.

Igbos always cry undecided

Please how does the cost of living concern IPOP ? are they by any means in charge of the economy? please lets leave sentiments aside, things are hard period, the truth is people tend to think Nigerians are stupid, because of how patient we are, Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa are all feeling this pain, i mean in the end its not rocket science what has brought us here is the strategy of the present government, if you know anything about economics you should know that what Nigeria has been practicing since our first oil boom is what economics call "ECONOMIC GROWTH WITHOUT DEVELOPMENT" it is basically based on money in circulation, not actual production, which means whence money is out of circulation everything collapses, and that's exactly what happened.

Buhari means well but lets face fact he is not a sound strategist period. TIME IS RUNNING OUT, OGA SHOULD PUT INTO ACCOUNT THE FUTURE VALUE OF MONEY HE IS TRYING TO GET BACK FROM PEOPLE THAT ARE NOW PART OF HIS GOV. think like an economist not an accountant. wink
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by stinkmainer: 8:10pm On May 22, 2017
tonididdy:
i-personally-think-there-should-be-a-thorough-PRICE-CONTROL/MONITORING-COMMITTEE-because-most-farmers-and-traders-are-just-been-greedy

The truth is 80% of these costs does not get to farmer, the middle men and market sellers are the main culprits.
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by APCmyheart(m): 8:13pm On May 22, 2017
bishopkay:

About your claims on oil price, how you have proof cos I can give you a dozen proofs on what I said.

The economic policies maintained by a government goes a long way to make an economy buoyant it not.

Well it'd be a waste of my time to even argue with you; as from your "recessive grammatical constructions" I can only conclude you are one of the almajiris who need alhaji's support to feed so who are you to go against the wishes of alhaji?

Have a nice day

LOL i never know i need to get an oxford dictionary before i can reply you ewu..

bring your proof and i bring mine..
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by LoveJesus87(m): 8:46pm On May 22, 2017
morgan100:
N1000 almost becoming useless, go market with N5000, d tinz N5000 go buy no go full poly bag, naija dey hot.
That was how I went to market the other day, after I buy everything way I won buy, e dey do me like say I misplace money, because the tinz I buy small for bag, and money don finish for pocket.
lmao people ehn grin
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by BetaThings: 8:53pm On May 22, 2017
Dare2Try:

My brother I almost slap one man because of that statement, youth are the leaders of tomorrow when we all know that the grandpa's has been in power like forever, infact the even turned it to family heritage

Has tribal bigotry not got the better of you guys?
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by springtech(m): 10:53pm On May 22, 2017
All as a result of:
Bad leadership
Clueless handlers
Round pegs in square holes.

Hard work is good, but wise work is better.
Check My Signature, see how i make cool cash weekly seamlessly.
Here we don't know recession.
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by Jesusloveyou: 11:19pm On May 22, 2017
rockyh:
its a pity the way u think in this era so in the over fifty years of independence,just twice have we had recession yet under same person being at the helm of power not ring a bell of being incompetent in terms of administration to rule us to economic growth
because the same man wanted to make a change from the past,
If he had continued in that direction of corruption, maybe according to Ipods like you the country would had be better off

1 Like

Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by PDPGuy: 11:39pm On May 22, 2017
With the way prices of food items have skyrocketed, and the burgeoning rate of inflation, any minimum wage below N50,000 is a cruel joke on Nigerians. But the sad reality is that even if the minimum wage is doubled, only one state and the FG would be able to pay workers regularly. cry
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by kazzbab(m): 11:41pm On May 22, 2017
the fact is, we masses are the ones doing ourselves.

before, the middlemen and primary producers were shouting "dollar nio" , "dollar nio".

now, naira is appreciating but their old prices persists, even skyrocketing in most cases.

sadly enough, our government has shown no concrete concern whatsoever.

I don't know what customers protection agency, international labour organization, public complaints bureau, etc are actually doing.

when I was in primary school in the early 90's, we used to run to garri whenever we are out of cash, we were so conscious of what to eat, hence, insisting on balanced diets, sad enough, not any more! a cup of garri in Ibadan is now #50.

what baffles most is that, by January 2015, I bought one mould (10 cups) of garri at the rate of #100 at bodija market in ibadan under Jonathan Goodluck. unbelievably, I bough the same item for #250 in December, same year under buhari. now, same mould goes for #500.

another critical issue we should look into is false measures generally and piblicly adopted by market women. no governmental agency or NGO has shown concern. hardly can you see 9 cups to measure in a mould that suppose to measure 10 cups, haba. that was a big offence under military regime.

I remember under general babangida, soldiers came to my sister's kerosene tanker to sell our kerosene at a price determined by the government during kerosene scarcity. she actually was hoarding the commodity to get high profit but the reverse was the case when soldiers arrived. can't democracy copy these from military?

people are really suffering!

1 Like

Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by lexy2014: 12:19am On May 23, 2017
gberra:
These people no dey tire. Whenever things are gradually improving, they always choose to attach bad belle in everything.

it's like d market u go 2 is different from d one d rest of us go 2
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by lexy2014: 12:32am On May 23, 2017
APCmyheart:

is it d international community that voted 4 buhari or Nigerians? who and who is d International community that commended buhari and how has that translated into better living standard 4 Nigerians? again there's no correlation whatsoever with corruption in Jonathan's administration and d present economic challenges d country is presently facing. d corruption excuse is just an attempt by d buhari administration to cover up its cluelessness&incompetence
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by lexy2014: 12:35am On May 23, 2017
stinkmainer:

Please how does the cost of living concern IPOP ? are they by any means in charge of the economy? please lets leave sentiments aside, things are hard period, the truth is people tend to think Nigerians are stupid, because of how patient we are, Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa are all feeling this pain, i mean in the end its not rocket science what has brought us here is the strategy of the present government, if you know anything about economics you should know that what Nigeria has been practicing since our first oil boom is what economics call "ECONOMIC GROWTH WITHOUT DEVELOPMENT" it is basically based on money in circulation, not actual production, which means whence money is out of circulation everything collapses, and that's exactly what happened.

Buhari means well but lets face fact he is not a sound strategist period. TIME IS RUNNING OUT, OGA SHOULD PUT INTO ACCOUNT THE FUTURE VALUE OF MONEY HE IS TRYING TO GET BACK FROM PEOPLE THAT ARE NOW PART OF HIS GOV. think like an economist not an accountant. wink
"buhari means well..." as d days go by I find it more and more difficult to believe especially when I c that he allocated N3.8b for aso rock clinic yet still spends more billions on medical trips abroad
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by ajibsca: 3:41am On May 23, 2017
I am glad people are seeing what I am seeing. I went on change.org website to seek for support so our govt can feel our pain but one thing I have come to understand about Nigerians is that they know how well to manage oppression. APC led administration is 2 yrs already and no single effect has been cushioned on workers welfare. Let our voices be heard. Sign the petition below for increment in workers salary.

[url]change.org/p/increase-nigerian-minimum-wage-from-18000-to-56000[/url]

GoldCircle:
and the salary of the Nigerian worker has remained unchanged!

Businesses and traders pass the rising cost of doing business and production to the consumer. Who will the consumer (Nigerian worker) pass this rising cost to?

..And you want to end corruption abi? It is okay o!

Prepare your PVCs for 2019 people!
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by ajibsca: 3:53am On May 23, 2017
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by ajibsca: 3:57am On May 23, 2017
Truth be told, there is so much hardship in the land considering the inflation rate of food stuffs . I went to the market the other day with 10k and like you said,poly bag no full. We start dying the day we start becoming silent about things that matter. I have taken a step to speak out and reach out to the government we voted in. Sign the change.org petition to increase salaries from 18,000 to 56,000. Do not say because you are not earning 18,000, this doesn't affect you. It is affecting our brothers,sisters and the upcoming generation that will eventually not get well educated to be leaders of tomorrow.I see and hear of so many broken homes which is mostly as a result of husband's and father's not being able to meet up with their responsibilities because things have become really expensive and there is no price control.

https://www.change.org/p/increase-nigerian-minimum-wage-from-18000-to-56000

PDPGuy:
With the way prices of food items have skyrocketed, and the burgeoning rate of inflation, any minimum wage below N50,000 is a cruel joke on Nigerians. But the sad reality is that even if the minimum wage is doubled, only one state and the FG would be able to pay workers regularly. cry

1 Like

Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by SAINTHUD(m): 8:10am On May 23, 2017
gberra:

. if I collectively curse you for all suffering Nigerians, your life no go remain the same.....
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by rockyh(m): 10:23am On May 23, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
because the same man wanted to make a change from the past,
If he had continued in that direction of corruption, maybe according to Ipods like you the country would had be better off
check his record as a minister n see his embezzling capacities that's y his wife's office was changed from office of the first lady to office of the wife of the president to avoid declaring his asset in her account
Re: Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman by Dare2Try(m): 10:33pm On May 23, 2017
BetaThings:

Has tribal bigotry not got the better of you guys?

Just read your comment again and see how u lack common sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Business Idea That I Can Start With 500k / Ayiri Emami Flaunts His 1965 Bentley In Warri As Youths Gather. PICS / Which Lucrative Business Can One Start Here In Lagos Nigeria: Someone Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.