Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary (27346 Views)

Salaries Of South-West Obas Before Independence (Pictured) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / First Ooni To Travel Out Of Ife & How Yoruba Kings Vacated Their Thrones For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Johnhug66(m): 2:17pm On May 22, 2017
coolestchris:
king of kings
you went 2 far. God is the only king of kings

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by PqsMike: 2:17pm On May 22, 2017
obembet:
YORUBA ALWAYS MAKE THIS NATION PROUD OUTSIDE UNLIKE OUR BROTHER IN OTHER SIDE

CRIME RECORD EVERYDAY

Come.....
Is your brain paining you??
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by lokojay1989(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2017
nice one
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by femolii: 2:18pm On May 22, 2017
Y always oba of yoruba self na him be d only oba we hava we have Igwe too na.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by coolestchris(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2017
Johnhug66:
you went 2 far. God is the only king of kings
shut ur trap, go and check what god means,
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by seguno2: 2:19pm On May 22, 2017
What about the oba of lagoon?
The Canadians should please invite him also oh. We don't want the olopa baale to vex and refuse to shake hands with the Ooni Alayeluwa due to his childish behaviour of jealousy.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by jieta: 2:20pm On May 22, 2017
150 years independence, are you kidding me.
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by ohduz1988(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2017
Please no post of snake this week abeg. Cos Na every time nairalanders dey kill snake for their compound
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Kabieosioba2000: 2:23pm On May 22, 2017
He honored man of God and decided to vindicate him also[
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 22, 2017
Why couldnt they invite Oba Akiolu?

Oba pass Oba grin grin grin
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by shadrach77: 2:25pm On May 22, 2017
Oba Akiolu you see your life? cry cry
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by skywalker001(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2017
atirolu:
Akinolu will be like.......
u mean oba lilwayne

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by toprealman: 2:28pm On May 22, 2017
The Lagos guy can't represent outside Lagos. He is a first class lagoon Tout!

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Johnhug66(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2017
coolestchris:
shut ur trap, go and check what god means,
there is difference btw God and god. I don't expect anything reasonable 4rm someone who calls a mortal like himself king of kings. The king of kings can kill any king any time. SHOW SOME RESPECT TO UR MAKER
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by coolestchris(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2017
Johnhug66:
there is difference btw God and god. I don't expect anything reasonable 4rm someone who calls a mortal like himself king of kings. The king of kings can kill any king any time. SHOW SOME RESPECT TO UR MAKER
bye
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by simplycarro: 2:37pm On May 22, 2017
adem30:
Na this kind thing dey make Oba Akinolu vex

lol

Una just no well for this Nairaland grin grin grin grin
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by figure007(m): 2:37pm On May 22, 2017
Hope Egbon akin is going too saa .... Make Egbon no go vex if not invited oo ... Abeg Ooni should take him along Abeg
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by ChristyB(f): 2:37pm On May 22, 2017
Chaii, they didn't invite Oba of Lagos??
Omashe ooooo

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Benekruku(m): 2:38pm On May 22, 2017
mmsen:

There is no such thing as a 'humble king'. If he were truly humble he would abdicate and abolish the monarchy.

Like the Queen of England did right?

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Benekruku(m): 2:39pm On May 22, 2017
femolii:

They re not recognized. May be they do in Israel or Russia

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by simplycarro: 2:40pm On May 22, 2017
femolii:

Those are warrants chiefs appointed by Colonialists, there was no history of Kingdom in Igboland prior to the coming of the whites.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 22, 2017
Johnny walker king who attends parties and functions as if his life depends on it. A great King cannot be seen outside his palace just like that and that is why the Great Oba of Benin remains the greatest and most feared king in the whole of Africa. OBA GHA TO KPERE ISE
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by sikywonder(m): 2:44pm On May 22, 2017
Kabiyesi Iku baba yeye.
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by mmsen: 2:46pm On May 22, 2017
Benekruku:

Like the Queen of England did right?

That only proves my point.

Just because others are engaging in archaic, foolish practices does not mean that we should.
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Adesiji77: 2:46pm On May 22, 2017
For a split second, I thought it was the Oluwo of Iwo... cool

cc: Aminat508
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by KnightB(m): 2:48pm On May 22, 2017
mmsen:

There is no such thing as a 'humble king'. If he were truly humble he would abdicate and abolish the monarchy.

What I could reduced from your post is that, being humble is about dodging responsibility. That's exactly one of the problems we have in this country. We claim to be saints, we have ability yet refused to act; so when things goes wrong we begin to cast blame. I tell you, from all our actions and inactions, we're gonna give account someday.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by salford: 2:50pm On May 22, 2017
Adesiji77:
For a split second, I thought it was the Oluwo of Iwo... cool

cc: Aminat508
The guy would be angry right now. im sef get beef with the Ooni. I can confirm this news as true, as i had a family member who were at the palace to receive the delegation.
My chance to finally meet my king when he arrives in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Crestedguy4real: 2:55pm On May 22, 2017
ollaxworld:
Why the Ooni?
oh you prefer oba of Lagos, you can do the needful by asking the Canadian government
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 22, 2017
mmsen:

Just like that? May i ask why.
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by Omoteyi(m): 2:57pm On May 22, 2017
Olori alade gbogbo..........Kaaaabiiesiiiiiiii oooooooooo
Re: Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary by mmsen: 2:57pm On May 22, 2017
KnightB:

What I could reduced from your post is that, being humble is about dodging responsibility. That's exactly one of the problems we have in this country. We claim to be saints, we have ability yet refused to act; so when things goes wrong we begin to cast blame. I tell you, from all our actions and inactions, we're gonna give account someday.

He isn't doing anything besides taking pictures.

What service does he offer? What are his responsibilities?

Is Ile-Ife in great shape because of him? Does he provide security for the citizens because of his presence?

I'm not blaming him I'm simply pointing out that collective responsibility where everyone is equally invested is better than a monarchical system in which one person is artificially elevated over others.

Where did you get 'being humble is about dodging responsibility' from? Humble is about being modest - what is modest about being called a king? What is humble about wearing clothing that is designed to capture attention and inspire awe in your impoverished people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) / Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? / Ori Olokun Unveiled In Ile Ife Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.