Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Passat Gearbox - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Passat Gearbox (1350 Views)

Volkswagen Passat CC Won't Start / 2009 Kia Cerrato Auto Gearbox Needed / Toyota Sienna Gearbox Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passat Gearbox by deathwing(m): 1:08pm On May 22, 2017
Hello guys,

There I'm looking to change my VW passat gearbox because of some issues. Does anyone have an idea how much it'd cost me and a good place to do it? It's a 2009 TSI.

Thanks.
Re: Passat Gearbox by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 22, 2017
Auto or manual? ... If auto make I just park here.... Where's Gazzuzz sef?
Re: Passat Gearbox by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:20pm On May 22, 2017
angels09:
Auto or manual? ... If auto make I just park here.... Where's Gazzuzz sef?

I de always respect my self when I see all these german problems.

Where kingreign sef?
Re: Passat Gearbox by skillip(m): 6:38pm On May 22, 2017
Op, if you are in Lagos just go to iyana-Itire and you will have a first hand knowledge before you go with your mechanic. You can also do what they call "counter balance". You sell your old gearbox and add some money to the one you want to buy. besides what exactly is wrong with it?
Re: Passat Gearbox by deathwing(m): 6:43pm On May 22, 2017
skillip:
Op, if you are in Lagos just go to iyana-Itire and you will have a first hand knowledge before you go with your mechanic. You can also do what they call "counter balance". You sell your old gearbox and add some money to the one you want to buy. besides what exactly is wrong with it?

The former owners mechanic poured wrong gear oil in it. So now the switching isn't so smooth after a long while spent driving. I know I still have to change the gear, but I was looking for a second opinion as per the cost and every.

It's an auto car. I can manage it if I want (the owner repaired it and managed it for almost a year), but I feel like I'd have to change it soon. Too embarrassing, the knocking sound it sometimes makes when the shifting isn't smooth.
Re: Passat Gearbox by deathwing(m): 6:44pm On May 22, 2017
The gear doesn't affect the speed or anything. Honestly, the car is a dream to drive. Mostly smooth, bit sometimes when I get too enthusiastic when speeding, it doesn't change so smoothly. Hehe.
Re: Passat Gearbox by kingreign(m): 7:02pm On May 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I de always respect my self when I see all these german problems.

Where kingreign sef?
The lamber you af try is incorrect, pls check check the number and try again. grin

1 Like

Re: Passat Gearbox by Autopartz: 7:05pm On May 22, 2017
Is the Passat tsi 2009 the European or American version?
Just sent you a mail.
Re: Passat Gearbox by deathwing(m): 7:16pm On May 22, 2017
Autopartz:
Is the Passat tsi 2009 the European or American version?
Just sent you a mail.

I'm not sure how to do that. I have never used the NL mailing function.
Re: Passat Gearbox by deathwing(m): 7:31pm On May 22, 2017
I've forgotten that my emails password o. I used it to open nairaland and forgot. Send methe a mail at ...
Not quite sure how to confirm if it's Europe or American.
Re: Passat Gearbox by mayor2013: 8:16pm On May 22, 2017
If you are in Lagos call multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: Passat Gearbox by skillip(m): 9:32pm On May 22, 2017
[quote author=deathwing post=56774999]

The former owners mechanic poured wrong gear oil in it. So now the switching isn't so smooth after a long while spent driving. I know I still have to change the gear, but I was looking for a second opinion as per the cost and every.

It's an auto car. I can manage it if I want (the owner repaired it and managed it for almost a year), but I feel like I'd have to change it soon. Too embarrassing, the knocking sound it sometimes makes when the shifting isn't smooth.
Well I think you should have it scanned for a second. Oponion. You can drop your number if you want to I can refer you to someone there who will scan and tell you either to condemn or fix it. I don't want to drop his number here because he hasn't asked me to l. I also drive a Vw Passat. And that's where I usually fix my car if need be.

(1) (Reply)

See How Luxurious The 2019 Aurus Senat Sedan Is With This Walkaround Video / 2010 Acura TSX Tokunbo/2010 Matrix In Ibadan 08088525399 / Timing Belt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.