Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So (14894 Views)

CEO Of Twitter,jack Dorsey Visits UNILAG, Meets With The Vc,staffs And Students. / I Have Bulk Of Twitter Handles In Exchange For Fresh UK Adsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by Alitair(m): 7:34am On May 24, 2017
teamsynergy:

u have no clue what Chinese folks are capable of...they have one of the most sophisticated tech...
i know they do but the ones in nigeria are not encouraging.
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by hefelove(m): 7:35am On May 24, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Ignorance is a disease!!! How many top Chinese social networks have you heard of its collapse? Do you even know that QQ chat is almost getting to a billion users and its made in and for China? What about other ones? Guy pack well!
u know what sacarsm is before u quote me?
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by teamsynergy: 7:38am On May 24, 2017
Alitair:

i know they do but the ones in nigeria are not encouraging.

you get what you want from China... they are always ready to compromise standard to suit your budget... this is their own way of penetrating the world economy... iphone and its accessories are now made in china, my blackberry was made in China, my inverter too and they r all functioning well... what you are paying for is what you get
... most of the chinko fones u see in Naija are cheaply sold in China, naija factor made it this expensive

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by Alitair(m): 7:43am On May 24, 2017
teamsynergy:

you get what you want from China... they are always ready to compromise standard to suit your budget... this is their own way of penetrating the world economy... iphone and its accessories are now made in china, my blackberry was made in China, my inverter too and they r all functioning well... what you are paying for is what you get
... most of the chinko fones u see in Naija and cheaply sold in China , na Naija factor make am dis expensive
Something tells me you used to be an importer from china maybe before our sickle cell oga at the top came and spoilt everything.

Dnt get it twisted. Feel free to put me on the right track
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by onedayatime(m): 7:48am On May 24, 2017
either made in China or fake, either it will last or it won't, the koko be say dey no depend on anybody to feed but we here, we depend on american sites for things eg facebook for chating, youtube for watching videos, google for chating etc, depend on China for substitute goods, depend on germany for beatiful cars, on japan for reliable cars etc.

thanks to Osewa for creating this site even though the site might not have change in design for many years and we still dey use am. If not for him, am sure, na one american forum we go dey use ( I know what am saying, am also a programmer ).

Let's join head together and tell the world we are also advance by matching them.

You might argue, China is not innovative. Yes, they ain't but they match them for anything they create

11 Likes

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by bankylan: 7:50am On May 24, 2017
ZUBY77:
It has more traffic than Twitter.
Unfortunately, most of the black race is programmed to believe that life started and ended with West.
Until you venture to South East Asia.

Twitter is still far more profitable. West has given the world much. What has China or the whole Asia given to the whole world? Global relevance is better than local dominance in this 21st century. South Korea is doing great because of their alliance with the west. Hunger prevails in North Korea and China seems helpless. Chinese businessmen will rather hold their fortunes in dollars because of stability and not in Yuan.

5 Likes

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by teamsynergy: 7:53am On May 24, 2017
Alitair:

Something tells me you used to be an importer from china maybe before our sickle cell oga at the top came and spoilt everything.

Dnt get it twisted. Feel free to put me on the right track
exchange rate is not friendly at the moment
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by teamsynergy: 7:56am On May 24, 2017
bankylan:

Twitter is still far more profitable. West has given the world much. What has China or the whole Asia given to the whole world? Global relevance is better than local dominance in this 21st century. South Korea is doing great because of their alliance with the west. Hunger prevails in North Korea and China seems helpless. Chinese businessmen will rather hold their fortunes in dollars because of stability and not in Yuan.
did you know that a large percentage of African tech, building materials, in fact virtually every home in the world has a China made product in it...

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by Alitair(m): 7:57am On May 24, 2017
teamsynergy:

exchange rate is not friendly at the moment
Is it possible to import fairly used apple products? Phones precisely? Is the ban on import still active?
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by sdavirus: 7:57am On May 24, 2017
Dottore:
Chinese government has a way of throwing their weight behind most of their indigenous establishments so as to compete in the global world.

In China one important thing about their economic policy is that you must partner with an an indigenous company in China or establish in China before you will be able to market your products in China.

Zuckerberg would have been the world's richest man if he had agreed to these terms. He refused so Chinese government blocked Facebook then sponsored Baidu to provide similar services like Facebook.
Premium automobile brands and models are the most victims of this policy. Once you refuse to produce a well appraised auto brand or model in China then you must be ready to brace yourself because their local industries will come up with counterfeits that look exactly like yours but surprisingly priced at a fraction of your precious original..
They have Chinese version of premium cat models like BMW x6, Rolls Royce, Bentley Continental etc. When you see them approaching or parked you'd think they ate the original only to discover that they have funny names like Qingdao, Xinjiang etc

Very well said. But hard to trust the Chinese... They always backstab in such cases..... In the short or long run
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by teamsynergy: 8:00am On May 24, 2017
Alitair:

Is it possible to import fairly used apple products? Phones precisely? Is the ban on import still active?

the ban doesn't affect dis products, but I would advice u get used apple products from eBay..
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by Alitair(m): 8:04am On May 24, 2017
teamsynergy:

the ban doesn't affect dis products, but I would advice u get used apple products from eBay..
Used here is not just one. Like about 50pieces. I have a feeling that used i-products would create a faster and larger market because being used and all, its cheaper and thus affordable to all. Just thinking tho.
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by Mayflowa(m): 8:16am On May 24, 2017
ZUBY77:
WeChat is also a million times better than whatsapp.

i recognise they are doing well but don't also forget these are stolen ideas. They are only succeeding because of their huge population and the dictatorship form of governance they have. Limiting access to global internet creating lack of choice is not democratic and many people in many nations would resist it but not in China
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by agitator: 8:17am On May 24, 2017
LaRochelle:
I look forward to the century that Nigeria would restrict social media sites and create her own.

By the way, do you know why China would continue growing? Because they usually consume Made in China goods and services, among other things...but my poor Nigeria embarassed.

Some times we just talk because we hear others and follow follow to echo the same.

Where are the made in Nigeria goods?

Can we mention Nigerian manufactured technologies, e.g. electronics alternatives, cars, etc. which are available and Nigerians preferred foreign imports.

Also from the examples given all the time, the chinese copies of brand name products are sometimes three times less than the original product. Please can you mention any untested Nigerian product that its price is ridiculously less than the foreign one. wink wink wink
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by Nobody: 8:22am On May 24, 2017
Mayflowa:

i recognise they are doing well but don't also forget these are stolen ideas. They are only succeeding because of their huge population and the dictatorship form of governance they have. Limiting access to global internet creating lack of choice is not democratic and many people in many nations would resist it but not in China

And the people with the ideas came with it from heaven right? The gunpowder used by Europeans was it not idea stolen from Chinese?

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by shapman: 8:25am On May 24, 2017
electricity is the bedrock of innovation for technological advancement, as long as we lack that factor in Nigeria then we will be at a stand still. it is that simple.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by agitator: 8:26am On May 24, 2017
12inches1:

And the people with the ideas came with it from heaven right? The gunpowder used by Europeans was it not idea stolen from Chinese?

My brother you are correct. It is not far fetched, just look at all the cars, jeeps and buses almost all similar designs.

It is only Iphone that have been suing others for copying their designs. I wonder how many such design cases can be resolve for cars. wink wink wink
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by agitator: 8:31am On May 24, 2017
shapman:
electricity is the bedrock of innovation for technological advancement, as long as we lack that factor in Nigeria then we will be at a stand still. it is that simple.

fact wink wink wink

Nigerians just echo what ever one person says "buy 9ja to grow 9ja."
The question is how many mainstream tech products are manufactured in Nigeria? practically none.

It is a well know fact that builders prefer Nigerian electrical cables to import cables. People still purchase them even as they are more expensive.
The same applies to the current ceiling material - PVC. People prefer to buy Nigerian made which is more expensive than the Chinese product.

When you have quality products people will buy, but when you quality is not up to the imported and you are selling at same price, nobody will buy. wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by teamsynergy: 8:37am On May 24, 2017
Alitair:

Used here is not just one. Like about 50pieces. I have a feeling that used i-products would create a faster and larger market because being used and all, its cheaper and thus affordable to all. Just thinking tho
u can buy bulk on eBay too
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by hardbody: 8:40am On May 24, 2017
Reediano:

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/05/chinese-version-of-twitter-has-more-users.html

It is very possible given the population of chinese alone. It does not prove anything.
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by pesoXL(m): 8:41am On May 24, 2017
Reediano:

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/05/chinese-version-of-twitter-has-more-users.html

please correct this post, I joined twitter in 2010 so it cannot be 3yrs older and was made in 2016.
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:42am On May 24, 2017
LaRochelle:
I look forward to the century that Nigeria would restrict social media sites and create her own.

By the way, do you know why China would continue growing? Because they usually consume Made in China goods and services, among other things...but my poor Nigeria embarassed.
The phone you used in typing this, was it made in Nigeria?

©YBR
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by Nobody: 8:45am On May 24, 2017
teamsynergy:

they don't need africans or anybody else. toaboa chased eBay out of China. they have the population and it works for them..... most US brands only recognize south Africa , meaning they don't care about other African countries using their products

Well, whatever rocks their boat, it's just a pity our own population is for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by chukxie(m): 8:56am On May 24, 2017
I'm not surprised by this news. China has a population of over 1.3 billion people! Its massive population consumes more local contents then foreign ones that's why China is making more billionaires than any other country in the world. I respect China's visionary leaders for steering China out of poverty. China used to be a country of straw-hat wearing people on rickety bicycles and rickshaws. But today all that has changed. Today, China has become the world's largest car market. The world's best FDI. The world's fastest growing economy - an economic that has been forecast to overtake that of the U.S. in a few years time. The U.S., being the world's largest economy is still way ahead of China in so many areas, but folks, let's give China the respect due it for all the strides it has made and still making since it opened up of its economy about thirty-nine years ago. For some people on this forum who are apt to scream "Chinko product no dey last", may I ask you what visible progressive achievements our great nation has registered since gaining independence? To the "Chinko no dey last" crew, do you know the world's fastest supercomputer is in China? The computer was built by Chinese engineers using locally made precessors/chips
http://www.computerworld.com/article/3085483/high-performance-computing/china-builds-world-s-fastest-supercomputer-without-u-s-chips.html.
So, folks, rather than come online to yell "Chinko" this, "Chinko" that, let's bind together to yell at our leaders and 'polithiefians' for their massive looting of our nation's treasury, their incompetence and gross mismanagement of the economy. Let's stop ridiculing the achievements of the Chinese for they're not the cause of the economic woes our nation is in. They can choose to create their own version of Twitter, Google, WhatsApp or even Orijin and Olomo Bitters if they like. That's their cuppa, not ours. What Nigerians should be concerned about are the things our leaders are doing -their endless stealing, blatant corruption, ineptitude and wastefulness of resources.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by Mujtahida: 9:01am On May 24, 2017
teamsynergy:

they don't need africans or anybody else. toaboa chased eBay out of China. they have the population and it works for them..... most US brands only recognize south Africa , meaning they don't care about other African countries using their products
I have enjoyed your informed inputs on this thread. You seem to be well informed about trends in China. How so? You travel there often perhaps?
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by Mujtahida: 9:09am On May 24, 2017
Mayflowa:

Are you aware that protection over most patents have expired and they are in the public domain? Meaning that all a country needs to do is to apply to the world Intellectual property organisation and it will be permitted to use this patents. So don't be fast to say stolen ideas. Borrowed ideas is more apt. And in any case stealing to better your economy and people is great unlike here where they steal to impoverish the nation and despoil our common patrimony and stash it abroad thereby enriching the oyibo man economy.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by Chukazu: 9:56am On May 24, 2017
humilitypays:
China is gradually taking over the world while doubters keep doubting and wondering.

China has manufactured and launched their own national carrier; I mean their own aeroplane purely built by Chinese Engineers, not the one Rolls Royce and GE produces the engine for others, they built everything by themselves. 

China ti take oversmiley

No sir, check the records, the engine supplier to the aircraft is GE of America, but that is not to take anything away from them.
Re: Chinese Version Of Twitter "Weibo" Has More Traffic Than The Original Twitter So by LaRochelle(f): 9:59am On May 24, 2017
agitator:

Some times we just talk because we hear others and follow follow to echo the same.

Where are the made in Nigeria goods?

Can we mention Nigerian manufactured technologies, e.g. electronics alternatives, cars, etc. which are available and Nigerians preferred foreign imports.

Also from the examples given all the time, the chinese copies of brand name products are sometimes three times less than the original product. Please can you mention any untested Nigerian product that its price is ridiculously less than the foreign one. wink wink wink

I'm sorry, you should have read "my poor Nigeria" in context. It means both that we don't really have Made in Nigeria goods and the fact that we hardly patronise such goods.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Invite All Your Facebook Friends At Once To Like Your Page (Updated) / The Best Web-Based Businesses To Start In Nigeria? / 10 Ways To Make Money As A Digital Marketer In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.