Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,325 members, 7,860,785 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

Why You Should Leave Beer And Drink Wine Instead. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why You Should Leave Beer And Drink Wine Instead. (667 Views)

Lady Saw Wall Gecko In Her Zobo Drink After Drinking (Photos) / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo) / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Leave Beer And Drink Wine Instead. by fernandoc(m): 3:20pm On May 22, 2017
Too much alcohol can have many harmful effects on your body. Still, many doctors agree that something in red wine appears to help your heart. It's possible that antioxidants, such as flavonoids or a substance called resveratrol, have heart-healthy benefits .

In this thread I'd list three benefits of drinking wine that I feel are my best reasons. Feel free to add yours.

To protect your heart:
Resveratrol is one of the most powerful antioxidant compounds, which can help reduce the saturated fat accumulated in the arteries. Red wine also contains flavonoids and saponins that protect you against cardiovascular diseases. But, this does not mean you go on a drinking spree. Red wine, when drunk in moderation, works best and also raises your HDL cholesterol, which in simple terms is ‘good cholesterol’.

To breathe easy:
Don’t you just hate it when you are down with cold and you cannot breathe easy because of a blocked nose? Well, if you drank red wine regularly, you wouldn’t have to face this problem. A report in American Journal of Epidemiology claims that those who drank red wine had 44% fewer colds than those who did not.

For a beautiful, healthy skin:
Red wine also contains antioxidants which are essential for our body. They can slow aging as well as help you reduce your fine lines and wrinkles. They can also help prevent type 2 diabetes and also keep your bones strong.
Re: Why You Should Leave Beer And Drink Wine Instead. by neutrotoba(m): 3:21pm On May 22, 2017
What about the Pot belly factor, that's very important too

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Leave Beer And Drink Wine Instead. by scarletkinq(m): 3:59pm On May 22, 2017
So in other words we should drink lots ah red wine
Re: Why You Should Leave Beer And Drink Wine Instead. by fernandoc(m): 4:53pm On May 22, 2017
scarletkinq:
So in other words we should drink lots ah red wine
Yeah. I had to create this thread cos of the significant effect it had one my skin lately. Red wine is bae.

(1) (Reply)

Foods That Help In Healing Fast / Best Vegetable Chopper In India / This Is How Acne Will Leave Your Face(so Rough And Ugly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.