Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan (24652 Views)

Corpers Caught Having Sex In Kano NYSC Camp, To Be Decamped - Lady Claims / Ebimobowei Joshua Agai Centre Of Attraction At Delta NYSC Camp (Photos) / Corper Wearing Skirt At NYSC Camp Causes Stir (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by bewacharlie(m): 11:39pm On May 22, 2017
eternity of silence for those here to read comments....
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by delivryboy: 11:40pm On May 22, 2017
[quote author=proprince post=56781192][/quote]
My brother I just wonder how they display this much hypocrisy without feeling guilty I their hearts, also, they do it collectively without one or two of them saying it's bad to display brazen hypocrisy. I have always said a Nigerian Christian prefers the image of Christianity to be good even if so much evil is going on behind the holiest church doors than their religion being exposed in bad light that is why they spend much time pointing to the wrong on Muslims so as to take away the attention from their evil ways. Muslims on the other hand are their own greatest self critics. It's really all about the image.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by youngflamez: 11:52pm On May 22, 2017
Pwhitelaw:
Do you expect Muslim to engage in the rigorous exercise at various camp and fasting at the same time...
soo you mean those Muslim working in factory's and as bricklayer will stop going to work because of Ramadan. are those profession not physically rigorous too..,

chairman abeg go sleep.., make I employ as bricklayer to build my house, make you talk say name fasting make you no show, Naso ur wages go dey on fasting too..,

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by NothingDoMe: 11:54pm On May 22, 2017
uboma:

But since Muslims will be part of the NYSC programme and in the recruitment exercise by the Nigerian Army, it is only natural for them to express their reservations if the dates conflicts with their fasting period.

Tell me, do you sincerely expect someone (from whatever faith) who is fasting to perform optimally during the Nigerian Army recruitment exercise and during NYSC especially during their camp activities?

Of course not.

So why the hatred against the Muslims simply because they have requested for the dates to be postponed?

What are u saying sef?

What if they shift it and it now disturbs another person's religious retreat? Will they shift it again? Or will they leave it in favor of the so called majority?

I know a lot of them pushing wheel barrow in the market this period. Some are driving trailers and other vehicles across country. Why didn't they sit at home because they are fasting?

Now because na NYSC u pipo want to bring ur leg out.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by uboma(m): 12:05am On May 23, 2017
NothingDoMe:
What are u saying sef?

What if they shift it and it now disturbs another person's religious retreat? Will they shift it again? Or will they leave it in favor of the so called majority?

I know a lot of them pushing wheel barrow in the market this period. Some are driving trailers and other vehicles across country. Why didn't they sit at home because they are fasting?

Now because na NYSC u pipo want to bring ur leg out.

I am airing my opinion, do you have a problem with that?

If the new date to be announced soon conflicts with your religious retreat, you have every right to air your reservations like the Muslim association have done.
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by rkennyking(m): 12:07am On May 23, 2017
Why cant we tolerate One another, I want you to know that the Muslims calling for this do not stop anybody from asking whatever they want to clamor for any thing wanted. Recently we had CAN saying no to one International Islam Competition, that was there opinion and that was to protect Christians and now what we have is Muslim Bodies protecting is Members. To be sincere with one another how will you feel if someone make you go to work by force on Sunday, how will you feel if your Muslim worker ask for leave every Friday
Let us do more of Accepting our differences

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by GuntersChain(m): 12:35am On May 23, 2017
Invariably the country should be put on hold till after Ramadan it might affect there performance at work too. Politics and religion

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by NothingDoMe: 12:48am On May 23, 2017
uboma:

I am airing my opinion, do you have a problem with that?

If the new date to be announced soon conflicts with your religious retreat, you have every right to air your reservations like the Muslim association have done.
Sure. Air your reservation.

They should go and ask how those who are working and fasting right now are coping. If they cannot cope too, they can wait for next batch.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Nbote(m): 1:14am On May 23, 2017
BetaThings:

Saturday USED to be a working day; Gowon - a Christian Head of State scrapped it and extended closing time on Friday
So what do you call that ?

Anambra state gov election could not be concluded on Saturday , INEC proposed to conclude it the next day - Sunday - the people were strident - "hold election on Sunday?, impossible" - It was postponed to the next Saturday

That would have been a once in 16-year event for Christians though
But Muslims work EVERY Friday

The other day Pastor T B Joshua said he was being persecuted. How
His building collapsed and scores of lives lost - no forfeiture of the land, no charge filed against him - yet he is persecuted how?

A pastor is VP/Acting president, he even preaches now and then, it is okay
A muslim who can regularly lead Muslims in prayer daily cannot be president or VP without you calling him a terrorist

It's funny how most tyms u ppl tend to play d victim... Gowon unilaterally declared Saturday a non working day but let me ask u did it inconvenience u in any way? Are Christians d only one who rest on d said Saturdays? Even though generally Christians are associated with Sundays already. Saturday already in most parts of d world is not a working day.

INEC held an inconclusive election on Saturday right? Did d ppl kick against having it on ur "Christian Saturday" like u're insinuating? Did d ppl of d state have a right to kip against it? Yes d electorates which happened to b predominantly Christians chose to and rightfully d same way any state in d north can wake up and decide to apply Sharia law instead of the Nigerian constitution. We know today d Sharia law supercedes d constitution in d north whether we want to admit it or not.

Fridays are more or less half days for muslim workers who go for prayers and close for d day. Muslim prayers nationwide start by 1.30 nd ends by 1.45 on Fridays and during these period blocking of major roads and public areas for prayers has become a normal routine. routine. During d Ramadan Muslims in offices and schools are given special preference due to the fact dat dey are fasting and dey don't hesitate to remind you of dat fact while their Christian coworkers whether lent or not maintains d status quo.

Christians are d highest critics of Pastor T B Joshua even though he's a Christian and for whatever reason d Lagos state govt are yet to react as expected on d collapsed building, same goes for other cases in the state and nation as a whole due to the system failure. Is lagos a Christian state? What has happened to the killers of d Christian woman in a kano market by Islamic fanatics?? What happened to those arrested for brainwashing, forcefully converting and kidnapping young gals into Islam? What has happened to the fulani herdsmen dat has been on a murderous spree on Christians nationwide??

A pastor is d VP Yes let me ask u, has he held a church service in d villa, office or in d name of d govt before? Has he used his office to advertise his church or preaching to others to convert? Our President is a Muslim and goes to the mosque every Friday and we are always made away of dat as his prayer session is always in d news... Is dat any different?

It is totally selfish for dem to ask for postponement because dey already enjoy special status whenever Ramadan kicks in and d world cannot stand still because of U ppl.. Dats how one imam or wateva is asking FIFA to ban players making a sign of d cross but forgetting muslim players still kneel and bow in celebration.. STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM EVERY TIME, WE NO EXCORT UNA COM DIS COUNTRY!!!

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by iamaibeekay: 1:27am On May 23, 2017
Actually its nothing too much for Nigeria government to give Muslims break and especially at this fasting period.

but the problem we have with Muslims is that they don't have particular dates for their festivals. everybody know the date for Christmas, even the date of the easter is usually known from the beginning of the year and everybody consider those dates when choosing dates for other things

I will just advice u guys not to feel cheated and chose the dates for all your stuffs at years beginning. this is a country not just a street that someone can just change things anyhow. #let peace reign#

1 Like

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Kingspin(m): 1:36am On May 23, 2017
If Nigeria is restructured this type of thing will automatically address itself. What a hopeless country.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Kingspin(m): 1:39am On May 23, 2017
We should close all the markets. Useless faith that sake relevance by bombing.
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by gloryman91: 2:41am On May 23, 2017
The truth must be said , NYSC supposed to be holding a pre camping conference involving all before fixing date because for the youths are really frustrated both for service and employment. This nation needs prayers and divine intervention, but wait o, where did we get it wrong? So sad crying for my Great Nation. Not as bad as this before.
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Iamzik: 2:44am On May 23, 2017
[quote author=ibndawud96 post=56780234]Barstardness has already shown in your you idiot, nothing could have been achieved in this country if not for muslims[/quote

Really? Do you know the meaning of NOTHING?

Now clap for yourself
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by gloryman91: 2:45am On May 23, 2017
iamaibeekay:
Actually its nothing too much for Nigeria government to give Muslims break and especially at this fasting period.

but the problem we have with Muslims is that they don't have particular dates for their festivals. everybody know the date for Christmas, even the date of the easter is usually known from the beginning of the year and everybody consider those dates when choosing dates for other things

I will just advice u guys not to feel cheated and chose
the dates for all your stuffs at years beginning. this is a country not just a street that someone can just change things anyhow. #let peace reign#

There is fix period that can be easily determined don't be sentimental.
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Iamzik: 2:56am On May 23, 2017
blingxx:

if they postpone Christmas and new year...will you be happy ?

Nobody can postpone Christmas. It's a fixed global day of celebration and we don't need to search for moon or any planetary body.

New Year is not a Christian event. It is marked all over the world including so called Islamic nations -their banking dates also changes with the rest of the world

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Michel2013: 5:00am On May 23, 2017
uboma:
I see nothing wrong with their request to postpone the dates till after Ramadan.

i hope they will equally suspend their individual businesses now and open after the ramadan. hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by blizpot(m): 5:21am On May 23, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Which one is UNN Muslim ummah?
Well, I will be happy if they will boycott the exercises they're threatening to boycott
If dey call back all doz army officers frm nysc camps, na dat time camp go evn sweet more
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by blizpot(m): 5:27am On May 23, 2017
Pwhitelaw:
Do you expect Muslim to engage in the rigorous exercise at various camp and fasting at the same time...
Oga let doz in camp forget abt d fasting.. Next time dey go do am.. In christianity som ppl r exempted frm certain fastings if d situation warrants it.. I no kno why they dey do their own lik say if dey no do dis 1 dem u go die... Muslims r too extreme abeg... Mtchew...

1 Like

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Snowpikin: 5:29am On May 23, 2017
Muslims are usually too jealous of christians.
They think d other religion enjoys certain benefits than them , so u see them tryin to compete .
They also want special holiday now for fasting, mtchewwwwww... rabbish!

When most churches like Redeemed, C A.C, Winners MFM people and other "die by fire" ministries ( that even require enuf energy for their fasting due to d high power head-shaking, ) fast, they dnt announce it to the world to pity them or ask for a break at work or school.

But dis ones want d world to pause for them because they are about to bring down heaven

1 Like

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by softtouch01: 5:31am On May 23, 2017
mine was done during fasting and no casualties recorded. as a muslim, once u have no strength for the drillings, u are advised to either stay undoor/ sit and look.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by mockingdove: 5:34am On May 23, 2017
uboma:
I see nothing wrong with their request to postpone the dates till after Ramadan.
u non wise?
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by blizpot(m): 5:36am On May 23, 2017
Snowpikin:
Muslims are usually too jealous of christians.
They think d other religion enjoys certain benefits than them , so u see them tryin to compete .
They also want special holiday now for fasting, mtchewwwwww... rabbish!

When most churches like Redeemed, C A.C, Winners MFM people and other "die by fire" ministries ( that even require enuf energy for their fasting due to d high power head-shaking, ) fast, they dnt announce it to the world to pity them or ask for a break at work or school.

But dis ones want d world to pause for them because they are about to bring down heaven
No mind dem jare... Apart frm christmas nd easter(wich r celebration-lik) christians no dey cast deir oda activities... Diz guys no go let person hear word... Eid-el-dis.....Eid-el-dat... Nw una still dey find anoda1... But d public holidays dey sweet sha grin

1 Like

Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by bigtt76(f): 5:40am On May 23, 2017
May be the whole country should just go to sleep because of Ramadan as the current hardship would divert their attention naaaaaaa #nansense

uboma:
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Fourwinds: 5:53am On May 23, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Hahahahahaha u sure if u be Afonja?
Wait let me call Name Checkers Association.
But i dont know which branch. Pls tell me ur current location so I can know d branch to call
U guys won't kill somebody with laughter in dis nairaland
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by akinszz: 6:00am On May 23, 2017
uboma:
So Nigeria should stand still because of Ramadan?
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Sterope(f): 6:03am On May 23, 2017
All these associations sef. Sometimes they do things without thinking it throughundecided

I don't think they should shift anything but both parties can sit down and agree on how they could make it less stressful for muslims.
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by johnabba(m): 6:03am On May 23, 2017
religious sentiments is what will end us as a Nation if we are not careful.
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Sterope(f): 6:06am On May 23, 2017
Wow, hating muchsmiley

Take a chill pill, religion is too complicated for you to develop hypertension. Don't forget Islam will be here when you finally die. undecided

tylesh:
There's bomb in their head. They should even Change the name of Nigeria to Islam
Wtf.... ...do we have to keep punishing ourselves in the name of religion abi which kine setback People be this
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Sterope(f): 6:09am On May 23, 2017
There is a way to end this tiredness. Sniper is not too costly now sad. Before you know it you will be in a better place where you won't be tired of matters that do not concern you.

Just inagine smiley

elmagnifico411:
I'm sick and tired of these bunch of hypocrites called Muslim! When christians were about fasting, we didn't hear any noise. Just becos of this their Ramadan they're referring to the govt as being insensitive. Which fast Una dey fast sef? U eat very early In The morning and wait till 7pm in the evening for another meal, is that wan fasting? Mtchew, confused set of people.
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Fourwinds: 6:12am On May 23, 2017
please can somebody clarify if d last camping wasn't done during d Easter fast....
Re: Muslim Organizations Wants Army Recruitment, NYSC Camp Shifted For Ramadan by Oblongatarh(m): 6:25am On May 23, 2017
Madness haff enta dis pipu head o. Who cares if you boycott or not? Infact u pipu are the real reason Nigeria is where we are today. U tink wif ur anus instead of brain and dat is pulling us backward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 / Photo: Lost But Found NYSC Certificate / Nysc Has Been Scrapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.