Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread (270358 Views)

UTME 2017: JAMB Clarifies Position, Says Awaiting Results Candidates Can Apply / Download 2017 JAMB Brochure/syllabus Online In PDF File Now / 2017 Jamb Examination: Registration Commences Wednesday 15th Of March 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by SAMBHOSS(m): 8:50am On May 27, 2017
abeg help oh...

224....1A...4B's....3C's........
mechanical engineering... U.N.N.....

should I still continue...or change??
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Slowvenom(m): 8:51am On May 27, 2017
chukwukapromise:
When you login, Look at the top right coner of your homepage,...U will see 3parallel lines on d side bar,Open d page, u will see list of avaliable services! ..Click on register and click on correction of data,...Select change of course/institution then generate your RRR....Or u can generate it at the cbt centre, they will guide you on how to go about it!
thanks so much bro. You've been really helpful.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by casspersteve: 8:53am On May 27, 2017
please oo my guy went yesterday to do change of institution but they said he cant do it because he has done change of name earlier,i dont undastand jamb
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2017
SAMBHOSS:
abeg help oh...

224....1A...4B's....3C's........
mechanical engineering... U.N.N.....

should I still continue...or change??
224 for engineering course at a top nutch university may be futile!......now ur 5-core subject in olevel may prove the saviour!....what was ur grade in your 5Star subject combo!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 8:56am On May 27, 2017
Slowvenom:
thanks so much bro. You've been really helpful.
Don't mention man!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Paschal55(m): 8:59am On May 27, 2017
My younger brother's jamb score of 208 was later changed to 156,whoelse had same experience,what could be the possible cause of this,and what's his chance of securing admission into any Uni or poly?,he applied for Medicine
Thanks for your candid advice.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 8:59am On May 27, 2017
casspersteve:
please oo my guy went yesterday to do change of institution but they said he cant do it because he has done change of name earlier,i dont undastand jamb
The person that said he can't do it, may be kidding!....Unless he generated RRR for change of name not change of course!.....The generated RRR can be used to change any data. So pls try anoda CBT centre!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Goldenboy333(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2017
Please nairalanders, i need anybody who has info in b.u.k to help i score 194 and the course am applying is medical radiography and radiological science with the total of 59 as jamb applicant what is the tendencies of getting this admission into b.u.k thanks
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Horlaarsco: 9:01am On May 27, 2017
Please shey jamb registration centers dey open on Saturdays
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by stainlessnature: 9:02am On May 27, 2017
Good morning,

My Lil sister had 243 in utme. Her course/school is law/oau with awaiting o'level result

Please advise if she should take a change of course/uni. Or hold on for her o'level result, being that the calculated cut off mark (I guess) is 67 for law/oau

Prompt response please
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:05am On May 27, 2017
Paschal55:
My younger brother's jamb score of 208 was later changed to 156,whoelse had same experience,what could be the possible cause of this,and what's his chance of securing admission into any Uni or poly?,he applied for Medicine
Thanks for your candid advice.
Jamb went berserk with some people score lately!....As a result of reviewing their so called CCTV footage....if you were caught or spotted in any nefarious act, ur score mayb Halfed or Witheld, Depending on d gravity of your offence!.....Now no uni will offer you medicine for 156....unless some awesome private uni!....So google the list of poly that accepts 150 and choose the lowest course there!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by dessz(m): 9:06am On May 27, 2017
pls I got 233 in jamb waec result 7b's 2'cs I placed Chem eng in uniben pls what's ur advice. quote me tnx
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:09am On May 27, 2017
Goldenboy333:
Please nairalanders, i need anybody who has info in b.u.k to help i score 194 and the course am applying is medical radiography and radiological science with the total of 59 as jamb applicant what is the tendencies of getting this admission into b.u.k thanks
The only diminishing spot to your admission is if BUK fix their screening cut-off mark at 200 which is likely impossible!....so just hope that The number of applicants will be even lesser this yr!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:09am On May 27, 2017
Horlaarsco:
Yes most if them!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:10am On May 27, 2017
Horlaarsco:
Yes most of them!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by donblazer10(m): 9:12am On May 27, 2017
Plis who Has an idea of when d change of course will end?..m doing it on Tuesday,, jst hoping it's nt too later,would have done it on Monday Buh cos of public holiday...
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by SAMBHOSS(m): 9:13am On May 27, 2017
chukwukapromise:
224 for engineering course at a top nutch university may be futile!......now ur 5-core subject in olevel may prove the saviour!....what was ur grade in your 5Star subject combo!

Maths-B2
english-B3
Physics-B3
chemistry-C4
Biology-B3
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:14am On May 27, 2017
stainlessnature:
Good morning,

My Lil sister had 243 in utme. Her course/school is law/oau with awaiting o'level result

Please advise if she should take a change of course/uni. Or hold on for her o'level result, being that the calculated cut off mark (I guess) is 67 for law/oau

Prompt response please
THE GREAT IFE may not like ur jamb score!....and your 0level put u on a high fence with barbwires!....my advice is that you change course to a less competitive one and pray seriously....Let Your 0level supplement your 243
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by whitebeard(m): 9:14am On May 27, 2017
loved21:
I made 298 in Jamb... My o level grades are 1A1 3B2s and 1C5 giving an aggregate score of 80.25(using unilag's last year modality). The cut off for medicine last year was 79.38 which may likely increase this year..
My question is; does changing my institution affect my admission chances since I didn't choose the sch initially?
Some peeps are saying I'll be admitted with that aggregate but I'd love to get ur suggestions on what I should do next... Thanks. Kinda scared
guy no dull oo..I get person wet score 281 last year for jamb, the guy choose UI MBBS, his waec result A's and B's, will u believe that UI made my guys result useless despite beating the cut off mark..guy no relax after u see cut off mark..your rough journey just they begin..!

He isn't the only one another one got 314 UI same course they useless his result also..guy I know it not easy but no dull..!!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:17am On May 27, 2017
dessz:
pls I got 233 in jamb waec result 7b's 2'cs I placed Chem eng in uniben pls what's ur advice. quote me tnx
Do you know any Cbt centre?...If you do, pls hurry and change your course....Uniben will not gv you chem.Engr for 233!....Chem.Engr in uniben is massively competitive!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:21am On May 27, 2017
SAMBHOSS:

Maths-B2
english-B3
Physics-B3
chemistry-C4
Biology-B3
your 0level is mouth watering!....I think u gat a chance!..Pls the problem now is DO OAU USES POINT GRADE SYSTEM IN ADMISSION..u shuld answer that urself!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by SAMBHOSS(m): 9:23am On May 27, 2017
chukwukapromise:
your 0level is mouth watering!....I think u gat a chance!..Pls the problem now is DO OAU USES POINT GRADE SYSTEM IN ADMISSION..u shuld answer that urself!

OAU??

I said U.N.N oh.....

lol....
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by JJuanMiguel: 9:26am On May 27, 2017
chukwukapromise:
The only diminishing spot to your admission is if BUK fix their screening cut-off mark at 200 which is likely impossible!....so just hope that The number of applicants will be even lesser this yr!
To be eligible for BUK screening in Medicine, Nursing and other health sciences courses, you must score 220+
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:28am On May 27, 2017
SAMBHOSS:

OAU??

I said U.N.N oh.....

lol....
If it is UNN Then come and join the VIP's....bring your seat, tell dat guy way wear uniform say na me send u come...collect 2Fish-roll and zobo from dat mama outside d door,...Come siddon for d front seat,.Make i go Call that UNN driver way day drive freshers, make e kon carry you Go
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Meissner: 9:30am On May 27, 2017
I need urgent answers pls.

When is change of course/institution closing?

What are my chances highest with 305 and 5Cs, medicine?

Unical, uniabuja,BUK, uniport, unn?

Suggest any other affordable school too where I stand Nice's chances.
Thanks.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:32am On May 27, 2017
JJuanMiguel:
To be eligible for BUK screening in Medicine, Nursing and other health sciences courses, you must score 220+
Waoh!...dat means all hope is thrown to d abbys
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by vikstandon(m): 9:33am On May 27, 2017
Please I wish to share my experiences the past years admission (2016/2017 admission year)...

We were giving two choice University by Jamb and I opted for;

University of Nigeria (most preferred)----Med. Lab
Abia State University (preferred)----Medicine & Surgery

It turned out that we didn't have to seat for PUME, but admission was giving by point mark using your WAEC and JAMB... You would agree with me that no State school has the number of A's recorded by Private Schools so I wasn't offered admission through the merit list (1st list) meaning I had to try another luck through payment for supplementary for the both institutions.

As God would have it ABSU my state University offered me admission to study Medicine, I had to pay #2500 to change ABSU to my most preferred Institution a week before UNN brought out there Supp. List.
I had already accepted ABSU admission and paid school fees and had even dashed my hope on UNN admission, it was even my elder brother that called to say UNN offered me admission in Med.Lab (one striking thing about UNN admission is that during supplementary Med.Lab wasn't enlisted so I opted for Anatomy with the hope of changing to Medicine, the course I have pursued years before in UNN).

Having gone far with ABSU admission and had even started lectures without completing the registration process in order to be at pace with my colleagues. I finally came to the final point of registration which requires submission of Jamb admission letter to finalize my admission, what I saw on the admission letter was UNN (Med.Lab).
We've paid #11,000 twice to change the Admission letter to ABSU (Medicine) since that is the place am running my undergraduate program, JAMB Registry vehemently refused.

I have gone to JAMB offices in Abia and Enugu, and they said it can be changed, we should go through the institution (ABSU Registry).

We've gone and the Registrar of ABSU told us that is the new JAMB Registrar stand and that the Universities are not happy with that. That the school has about 1000 students with same issue. That we should result to Prayer and be hopeful.

I have written first semester exam and defiled UNN admission and didn't register for the present years Jamb and have stayed about two years at home before getting this my dream course.

In the light of all of these...what is ur advice Nairalanders!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Omotayor123(f): 9:38am On May 27, 2017
loved21:
I made 298 in Jamb... My o level grades are 1A1 3B2s and 1C5 giving an aggregate score of 80.25(using unilag's last year modality). The cut off for medicine last year was 79.38 which may likely increase this year..
My question is; does changing my institution affect my admission chances since I didn't choose the sch initially?
Some peeps are saying I'll be admitted with that aggregate but I'd love to get ur suggestions on what I should do next... Thanks. Kinda scared
pls. do you know the cut off Mark for medicine in Uniben?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by remi1444: 9:41am On May 27, 2017
benoinstrull:
can I get admitted for mbbs uniben with jamb score 268, and waec of 3c's and 2B's or should I change to AAU, pls I need ur advice
am a AAU 100lvl student from dah faculty of art,ur chances of been admitted are higher here.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 9:41am On May 27, 2017
Meissner:
I need urgent answers pls.

When is change of course/institution closing?

What are my chances highest with 305 and 5Cs, medicine?

Unical, uniabuja,BUK, uniport, unn?

Suggest any other affordable school too where I stand Nice's chances.
Thanks.
Jamb did'nt specify a closing date. But history tell us 2weeks from d time it was released!.....

With 305 in Jamb for medicine
-unical will use speedboat and pursue you for admission.
-uniabuja will use SBK bike and run afta you!..But medicine in ubiabuja is only slightly accredited!
-Buk will send a chopper to come take you for admission
-Uniport will send a Search dog to come fish you out of your hole for admission
-Unn will tell you to drop your 0level for them to see, Buy d time u drop your 5C's dem go just look you, put u inside Ship, deport u comot!..

1 Like

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Badtman(m): 9:45am On May 27, 2017
Nairalanders pls help me, I scored 176 in my Jamb examination that didn't qualify for the State university based on internet disconnection that marred this year CBT but i have change my decision now, i want to proceed with POLY for ND program though am not happy with the decision but i think it will be a right step for me now but can i go for Direct entry to University after the ND program or i should continue with HND...............
For all Nairalander Deltan pls which one is far better between Ozoro POLY, Ogawashi uku poly or Otefe Ogara POLY in Academic not building

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (184) (Reply)

2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide / University Of Lagos Post-UTME 2012/2013/admissions - UNILAG / University Of Abuja 2011/2012 Post Ume And Admission Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.