Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,930 members, 7,956,493 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:52 PM

I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose (1113 Views)

Sun Governor Of The Year 2018: Gov Ugwuanyi Arrives At Venue / Ladoja’s Exit Won’t Stop Oyo ADC From Winning 2019 Poll, Says Lanlehin / "I May Contest Against El-rufai In 2019" - Shehu Sani Thunders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by sarrki(m): 5:15am On May 23, 2017
Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State said on Monday that he would contest in court his removal from office during his first term tenure.

Speaking in a live broadcast on Ekiti State Television in Ado-Ekiti on Monday evening, Fayose who was explaining why he chose to put his image on a campaign posters across the state, said that since the apex court had said that his impeachment in 2006 was illegal, he would then have to approach the same court to interpret what that ruling meant and also consider seeking a re-election in 2018.

He said, “The continuity poster you see my image in and which is spreading across the state can be interpreted in two ways. First is the need for me to ask the apex court to explain its 2014 ruling that my so called impeachment in 2014 was illegal, null and void and consider a re-election in 2018 so that I can complete my term.

“Second is for me to get our own man, one who is like Ayo Fayose to continue after my tenure in 2018.”

He emphasised that the case as to whether he was entitled to complete his tenure or not must first be determined before there could be another governorship election in the state in 2018.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
NAN reported that Fayose got sworn-in for the first term tenure in May 2003, but got his tenure terminated through impeachment on Oct. 16, 2006.

Meanwhile, the governor has said that he was not bothered by the ongoing strike by fuel dealers in the state.

He said he would not rescind his decision to stop further erection of filling stations in residential areas, even if they strike for one year.

He said full demolition of such fuel stations, including those erected near schools would commence on Tuesday.

Besides, he placed a ban on commercial activities in all fuel stations that were currently on strike.

http://punchng.com/i-may-contest-2018-gov-poll-says-fayose/
Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by sarrki(m): 5:16am On May 23, 2017
Am now 100% that fayose is sick

His followers are more than sick

3 Likes

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by AntiWailer: 5:25am On May 23, 2017
sarrki:

lol.

Everybdy knows he is a mad man.

His lovers are just the "Buhari's enemy is my friend" team.

3 Likes

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by LionDeLeo: 5:26am On May 23, 2017
AntiWailer:

lol.

Everybdy knows he is a mad man.

His lovers are just the "Buhari's enemy is my friend" team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by Epositive(m): 5:35am On May 23, 2017
ekiti state don hear am cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by Nobody: 5:37am On May 23, 2017
Kwale Igbo speaking
Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by chinybelle(f): 5:46am On May 23, 2017
Is he trying to change gear?
I thought Oga said this was his last.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by Nogodye(m): 5:52am On May 23, 2017
He must be joking...No space for him again.Fayose the clown
Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by Nobody: 5:52am On May 23, 2017
The drunken Master!!
Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by omenkaLives(m): 5:54am On May 23, 2017
Was it not just last week he said he would not

What's with the volte face

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by abescom: 6:08am On May 23, 2017
Fayose should never be taken seriously. He was just the other day he said he was not going to contest now he will.

I guess his lawyers are broke and have been selling him a lie that makes him think he has a chance of contesting his removal in 2006 and given added time.

Ko jor rara ni.
Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by hisgrace090: 6:22am On May 23, 2017
Polititics!!! The most lucrative job in Nigeria.
Fayose ready to die instead of vacating seats of power.
Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by Epositive(m): 6:25am On May 23, 2017
omenkaLives:

so you believed a politician

you are on a very long thing cheesy

1 Like

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by LionDeLeo: 6:27am On May 23, 2017
omenkaLives:

Just wait and see how his "Jewish subjects" fall over themselves to justify the action of their god.

You know he is now one of the Jewish deities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by dumie(f): 6:39am On May 23, 2017
At the end of the day, it's up to Ekiti people to decide after all they call themselves "fountain of knowledge" let's see if they have been mesmerized by Fayose's stunts... fayose's eats bush meat, corn and drove okada today etc

4 Likes

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by CoolFreeday(m): 6:56am On May 23, 2017
I'm not surprise. SMH.
#I trust ekiti, they hardly do second tenure there. #Somebody is afraid of kuje already

1 Like

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by Tanker2: 7:00am On May 23, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

Just wait and see how his "Jewish subjects" fall over themselves to justify the action of their god.

You know he is now one of the Jewish deities.
[/s]
Shatap there and get out

2 Likes

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by Tanker2: 7:08am On May 23, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:

[/s]
keep kwayet

1 Like

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by Judolisco(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2017
If he is eligible then he should go for it meanwhile is Buhari back grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by fulanimafia: 8:02am On May 23, 2017
Fayose can offer his pampers wearing momma (his words not mine) to ensure he does not lose his immunity next year while this administration is still in power.#Ekitigate

1 Like

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by madridguy(m): 4:17am On May 25, 2017
Good morning boss. Hope all is well?

sarrki:

Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:03am On May 25, 2017
Well I 'MAY' is the used word for nigerian politicians whenever they are 'Sure' of thier next move.
Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by justmenoni: 6:12am On May 25, 2017
Op: your copy and paste is wack
Re: I May Contest 2018 Gov Poll, Says Fayose by azimibraun: 6:15am On May 25, 2017
Fayose down, FFK, Wike and Reno Omokri to go. Nnamdi Kanu half way dwn. All these noise makers will soon have their weaknesses shinning like the daylight. Just give them time and the reason for all the noise they make which by the way are basically for "selfish reasons" will become crystal clear to Nigerians. Fayose's thirst for continous stay in power is playing out, Nnamdi Kanu has moved from his " I no gree... I no gree" rebellion status to VIP monachial lifestyle. From a thousand pictures anybody would think Kanu is a traditional ruler who just lost somebody or just celebrated his jubilee and is receiving guests. And he loves it so much. Na small small... Man, greed and power. baddest trinity.

(1) (Reply)

The Haunting Silence Of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu - MUST READ / Shut Up Or I Expose Your Wife, Amaechi Threatens Wike / Soldiers & Police Storm Ekwulobia As IPOB Members Await Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrival (

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.