Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) - Car Talk (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) (118596 Views)

5 Things To Avoid Doing With An Automatic Transmission Car / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / Woman Pours Washer Fluid Instead Of Oil Into Engine, See What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Anuoluwaosinubi: 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Thank you very much. Placed an order with some other products. Keep up the good work.
ebuks4ever:

The recommended ATF is VW G 052 162 A2

It comes in 1litres N4000

You can also click on the link below to see item and place your order.

https://www.mrparts.ng/products/genuine-volkswagen-audi-automatic-transmission-fluid-g-052-162-a2-1-litre?_pos=1&_sid=c577b94f4&_ss=r
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by adeinfinit(m): 11:12pm On Mar 26, 2020
Can I top up my Honda civic 2007 with DW1? Oando transmission oil was previously used
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ciggy000(m): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2020
Hello Ebuka please do you have and idea of how much a 06 civic gear box could cost
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Kingsdave(m): 9:43am On Apr 05, 2020
ebuks4ever:

The recommended Toyota Oil is Type T-IV. If you can afford the Original Toyota ATF, then it will last you 3years (30,000miles).

Please what's the recommended gear oil for Toyota Camry 2009 XLE.... I want to change my gear oil
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Adaba0803(m): 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
Pls what is the cost of Toyota Sienna 2002 gear box (tokunbo)
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 11:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
adeinfinit:
Can I top up my Honda civic 2007 with DW1? Oando transmission oil was previously used

Apologies for the late response. Yes you can. But make sure oil is drained out completely.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 11:47pm On Apr 08, 2020
ciggy000:
Hello Ebuka please do you have and idea of how much a 06 civic gear box could cost

Apologies for the delay in response. Sorry I don't know
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 11:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
Kingsdave:

Please what's the recommended gear oil for Toyota Camry 2009 XLE.... I want to change my gear oil

Recommended ATF is Toyota WS
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
Adaba0803:
Pls what is the cost of Toyota Sienna 2002 gear box (tokunbo)

We currently don't sell gearboxes
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Adaba0803(m): 2:26am On Apr 09, 2020
ebuks4ever:

Ok thanks
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Kingsdave(m): 9:16am On Apr 09, 2020
ebuks4ever:

Recommended ATF is Toyota WS

Thanks sir... How many litres will I use , also tell me what is to be done at the mechanics , you know gear is delicate issue... Like how many hours will the car cool off before the mechanic commences ATF change
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Detailfix: 9:19am On Apr 09, 2020
Acura MDX 2007
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Detailfix: 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
Detailfix:
Acura MDX 2007
Please I would like to know the type of transmission fluid for Acura MDX 07
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Kingsdave(m): 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Should I Chang my ATF , hot or cold... Really wanna know help me out
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Charlieluvboy(m): 11:52am On Apr 10, 2020
ebuks4ever:
Do you need help with the fluid for your Automatic Transmission?
Drop details of your car and we will recommend the right oil for you.
Nissan Altima 2002
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Kingsdave(m): 12:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
Charlieluvboy:

Nissan Altima 2002

I went to the Mechanic today... He also recommended WS ... I bought it ... Thou I packed the car at his place for 3 hrs... When I came back... He said no need leaving the car over night... He said u only need to leave car overnight of u wanna change gear or shaft... That leaving for a long period doesn't make sense at all... He said he will service the gear filter with injector cleaner and fuel if the gear filter is still iron filter , if not, he will buy another filter .... I wasn't satisfied with leaving the car for just 3 hrs I went home...
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Kingsdave(m): 7:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
magikalz:
Recently, I was traveling from Owerri to Lagos with a 2009 Camry Muscle. At around Delta, the car started smoking and i noticed it wasn't throttling dowm again.

i managed it for a while till i got to a town where i got a mechanic to check it. He said the gear oil was low so the tramsmission was vomitting oil on the hot emgine causing smoke.

The recommemded oil was not available so we cleaned and topped it with ABRO ATF and i moved.

The gear was shifting smoothly till i got to Okada in Edo State. The smoking started again and gears wasnt changing. i parked and got mechanic again.

Same problem - gear oil was bad. Recommended oil wasnt available. We had to flush the transmission completely and use Dextron III so i could continue my journey.

I drove to Lagos without further trouble but some days later as i was going home, I noticed the car wasnt speeding no matter how much I throttled.

The gear wasnt changing and my car was crawling. Could barely climb a small slope on the road. It had to be pushed to a safe spot for the night.

The next morning, I drove it home without issues then called a mechanic. The guy says I have to buy a new transmission. I really no dey buoyant now.

Please any suggestions on what to do? The car is parked right now but moves well. I suspect the problem might be solved if I use the right oil - WS.

Did you later fix it or did you buy another transmission... My 2009 XLE. Doesn't have a dipstick for Gear oil... It developed some issue sha cos the fluid is low
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Promxy94(m): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2020
Please house, my mechanic said my transmission fluid is burnt, though the gear still selects, but it's takes time to shift from 2 to 3.

I have suspended using the vehicle for now. Please which transmission fluid is the best for it, it's a 2001 toyota camry, though the car has been parked for long, before I started using it, I don't know when last the transmission fluid was changed, and also don't know the one used to change it.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 12:25am On Apr 13, 2020
Detailfix:

Please I would like to know the type of transmission fluid for Acura MDX 07

Honda DW1 is recommended
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 12:26am On Apr 13, 2020
Kingsdave:
Should I Chang my ATF , hot or cold... Really wanna know help me out

It is recommended you change when cold.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 12:28am On Apr 13, 2020
Promxy94:
Please house, my mechanic said my transmission fluid is burnt, though the gear still selects, but it's takes time to shift from 2 to 3.

I have suspended using the vehicle for now. Please which transmission fluid is the best for it, it's a 2001 toyota camry, though the car has been parked for long, before I started using it, I don't know when last the transmission fluid was changed, and also don't know the one used to change it.

Inspect the fluid. It should be pinkish colour. The fluid should be the first thing to replace in a transmission.

Recommended ATF is Toyota Type-IV
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Promxy94(m): 2:50am On Apr 13, 2020
ebuks4ever:

Inspect the fluid. It should be pinkish colour. The fluid should be the first thing to replace in a transmission.

Thanks sir and how many liters do you think I will be needing.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Promxy94(m): 8:55am On Apr 14, 2020
ebuks4ever:

Hello sir I checked my dipstick for gearbox oil and Dexron11 or 111 is written on it.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Detailfix: 12:25am On Apr 15, 2020
ebuks4ever:

Honda DW1 is recommended
Thank you
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Adaba0803(m): 10:11am On May 17, 2020
ebuks4ever:

Pls what is the recommended transmission oil for my Toyota Sienna 2002
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Born2conquer: 10:16pm On May 20, 2020
Highlander 2010 base model
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 5:52pm On May 23, 2020
Adaba0803:

Pls what is the recommended transmission oil for my Toyota Sienna 2002

Recommended atf is Toyota Type IV
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 5:53pm On May 23, 2020
Born2conquer:
Highlander 2010 base model

Recommended atf is Toyota WS
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by vinzita1(m): 2:05am On May 24, 2020
Good morning
Just to be sure
My Camry 2007 having been using Toyota type IV gear oil for over 4month, off which on the dip stick indicated ws,
Is there a problem at the long run?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by teamb: 7:47am On May 24, 2020
what is the recommended transmission oil for lexus 2009 rx350
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by freespiritme123: 3:55pm On May 24, 2020
Hi Ebuks, i have a MT. I read somewhere that Redline MT 90(75w90) GL 4 is recommended for a manual tranny. Any ideas where i can buy this locally and which other synthetic gear oil would you recommend. Thank you
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 9:28am On Jun 22, 2020
Anuoluwaosinubi:
Thank you very much. Placed an order with some other products. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the kind words

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (35) (Reply)

"The Car Is Worth 100m, The Cloth Is 15k A Yard", Young Northerner Brags / 4-cylinder Engine Vs 6-cylinder Engine / 24 Most Expensive Cars Found On The Streets Of Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.