Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:55 PM

LAGOS! My Own Success Story... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS! My Own Success Story... (340 Views)

Lagos My State; Who Owns Lagos? History 101:point Of Information / Governor Ugwuanyi, A Reference Point In Our Success Story, Says NDLEA / My Lagos, My Story, By Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LAGOS! My Own Success Story... by GLOBALINF: 10:46am On May 23, 2017
MY LAGOS SUCCESS STORY. .

Lagos.
Hmmmm when I hear that name Lagos. There’s always this unique feelings I get, that name LAGOS, carries a unique, spiritual, mystic, supernatural and awe meaning in which to me it has a great meaning.
To me ,the name Lagos simply means LAND OF OPPORTUNITY, a place that nurture dreams to becoming a reality, a place where everybody can be somebody, I call Lagos my home simply because 90% of my life I spent In Lagos.
Now to begin my Lagos success story, I need to root back to my place of birth, the main heart and capital of Lagos. IKEJA.

THE BEGINNING. (my birth).

And that very great Friday night in the very early 80’s, she sat tired on a couch beside the window watching when his unique vesper motorcycle with this special noticeable sound and a great Doppler effect will bike in, it was a long Friday evening on that faithful day 1st APRIL, the environment seems unusual because, at that time, he ought to be back from work in his ever usual smart looking well ironed uniform looking proud with that great heart-felt smile that will always wipe off the day’s stress and rekindle the atmosphere with love and peace. Most importantly, she endlessly waited for that passionate kiss filled with aroma of love radiating from him every time he returns from work before retiring for the evening meal.
Yes!!! It was 1st of APRIL, a very cold Friday night, yet not back from work, a little worried, she decided to sit outside and wait for the love of her life. As the day goes darker, she started feeling something strange in her Tommy, though she was heavily pregnant, she never knew it was time for the great one to see the world for the first time, thanks to the experienced neighbours she had, her scream attracted their attention and of course they knew the hour has come, quickly, every arrangement were made to get her to the hospital but being a wise woman who knew what she was carrying was not just a baby but a special one and knew vividly well that the ‘ayes’ wouldn’t want such to live and make impact in life, she insisted she isn’t going to the hospital, she demanded they took her to the church! Yes, the church because she had been told in her dream to ensure she gives birth in the church because what she’s carrying is a special gift from GOD. Luckily the church isn’t far from home.
All thanks to the mid-wives (iya-agbebi’s), lo and behold, the great one was born!!! His tears brought joy and radiant smiles to all in the labour room but something spectacular happened later, being a woman of God, the iya-agbebi looked deep into the eyes of this infant and with deep sense of affirmation, she proclaimed this child is not just any other child, this child is a chosen one, the one sent by God to liberate mankind, this one is a born leader, a great one, and with joy radiating in her face, she ensure she was the one that gave him the first gift.
That same night, he rushed in breathing endlessly and sweating like a man just finishing a marathon, still in his proud uniform, walk straight to the labour room looking so anxious asking hundreds of questions without even waiting for answers, finally he was ushered in to set his glowing eyes on his first child! The choosing child! The child that proof he is a real man, with tears of joy in his eyes he lifted the child up! Walk straight to the veranda and said some prayers lifting the child up to the sky as a dedication to God.
Decades have passed and that little boy is now a man!!! The hour has come for this great one to begin his manifestation. (To be continued…….)

EARLY YEARS
Now, I need to clarify where I was born to confirm my Lagos Success Story. With all pride and dignity, this great guy was born in the ever popular HIGHWAY PATROL BAARRACKS… hmmmm, I hear someone muttered ‘’ so he’s a barrack boy’’ YES!!!! I am a full blooded barrack boy. The barracks is located at the heart of Ikeja, and it’s a place that has birthed great minds we have today. Can’t be mentioning many names now but as time goes I will list great men that has their root in the said barracks. Block D flat 27 was the place I lived with my parents before relocating to block W flat 24. So much to be said about this great place but it’s a story for another day.
Less I forget, I have the great privilege to grow with great guys that are still my friend even up till now. Great guys like Sir Esene Edward CEO Kinetic Associate and a Google ambassador (my longest standing friend), Barrister Esene Kingsley,(one of the greatest lawyer we have in town today, he’s so good that soon he will be awarded a SAN (the youngest SAN we will have).
Others like Mr kenny aka Olori now in USA, Ayegba the young prof also in USA, Kenneth Agba aka the Governor, Rotimi William in USA (not a barrack boy but has barrack blood in him), Ogunnaike Adekunle aka Mr integrity, a very young and dymanic farmer, Promise the musician, Anya Michael now in UK, Bamidele Oyeniran aka Omooba, one of the best photographer we have in town, Mr Fola Lijoka aka anigboro, the most stubborn guy we fear so much then, Madam Toyin my crush then(now in UK), Madam Joyce our beautiful princess, I remember she was the one that gave us the opportunity to feature on the nation newspaper those days when global influence started as an NGO., and so many others I cannot mention now. (don’t worry all will be stated in my coming book), those great guys made my growing up fun. Then no phone or internet, but believe me, we had the best of time growing up. Sometimes I just wished we go back to those glorious days, those days we played in the rain, ride tyres round the community, acted police and thief, shoot wooding guns made with pipe and smoke, used rubber band as foreign exchange. Most importantly doing festive periods like Christmas, when our parents gets us new cloths and we go round every home where we eat to stupor and come home with a lot of cash. Unfortunately this new generations really missed a great deal, internet hardly gave any of them the opportunity to really hang out in real time,. I call them the indomine generations. Those days are days never to be forgotten.
Back to the early days. Just like any other kids, I started my early education in the then Central primary school just directly opposite Lagos State Police Command. Before then, I recollect that my parent enrolled me in a private nursery school somewhere around Agege, can’t remember the name but will find out later. I was told I was the only one attending a private school then which amounts to envy in the community. Then people were wondering how a common constable could afford the pay for a private school. But later my dad re-enrolled my in the said central primary school, was there till I got to primary 4. But due to numerous strike by government and the MKO Abiola issue, My dad need change my school and I was transferred to a more standard and even expensive school by the name Mowand Crest nur/pry School Maryland Ikeja, still Lagos.

( to be continued……………………..)

(1) (Reply)

Edo State Gov. Hammer On CDA / The Future Is Here / BREAKING: Acting President Osinbajo Signs 2017 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.