Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel (3611 Views)

Help! My 2005 Toyota Camry Has A Rattling Noise On Starting It. / HELP: My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel. / 1999 Toyota Camry Consumes Too Much Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by Volunteer: 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2010
Hi Nairalanders,

Had to travel from Lagos to Ibadan on a quick meeting today and was surprised at how my fuel tank virtually emptied.

I left Lagos with my tank 3/4 full, and drove to Ibadan without experiencing any unusual traffic hold-up save for the many lorries on the expressway which slowed things down for me. Returned to Lagos immediately after my meeting and arrived home with my tank on reserve (reserve light on).

This has me worried and gives great concern. What could be the cause of this? Does the car have a defect or problem? I used the A/C all through the journey but don't think that could be the cause.

What do you think is the problem? Your urgent advise is appreciated.
Re: My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by cchioke: 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2010
between the nozle and air flowmeter
Re: My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by Volunteer: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2010
Thanks cchioke, can you please throw more light on that?
Re: My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by Volunteer: 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
Dear Nairalanders,

Any other thoughts on this? You input appreciated.
Re: My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by tushbobo(m): 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2010
So many things can cause a vehicle to consume more fuel than normal.Look for an experienced auto mechanic to run a general check to diagnose what the problem is.
Re: My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by sultaan(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2010
If you have seen that 'check engine light' and ignored it, your car is now giving you heads-up.
Re: My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by Volunteer: 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2010
Thanks Behind bobo, i would get an experienced auto mech but from experience, walking to your mech without prior insight can get you messed up terribly as I have little trust for mechs these days. Thanks all the same.

@sultaan, never had that light come on before, that would even have been more comforting.

Other thoughts welcome.
Re: My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by Emperoh(m): 2:23pm On Jan 15, 2010
If this is the first time this is happening, why not observe it more closely to sure its really a fault!!
It could be your reving habit was quite high or just something related!!

All in all, i suggest you observe the car at least for the next 2 days and then report back onw hat you noticed!!
Re: My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by sultaan(m): 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2010
If your check engine light is not on then you have no problemo
Re: My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by mdautotec(m): 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2010
Hello. Various factors on a vehicle can cause excess fuel consumption. As per the Corolla 2005, you will need to first ascertain whether you have a check engine light on the dashboard. If not, you will regardless need to run a diagnostics on the vehicle to ensure no part of the Electronic Fuel Injection system is malfunctioning. Once this is ok, then other systems must be checked, such as fuel injectors, injector seals, fuel strainer, air intake / filter, air flow meter, knock sensor, fuel system pressure etc.
We have an auto service centre located at Iddo, near Lagos terminus. We handle Japanese, and Korean vehicles (mainly Toyota, Mitsubishi, Honda, Kia & Hyundai). All the diagnostic equipments we have are current. If you wish, you may contact us to set up an appointment for your vehicle, on the numbers below:

08026158430 / 08098045555

Our address is as below:

HAMA Enterprises (Nig.) Ltd.
Iddo Railway park
Chisco Transport Compound
(opposite Leventis building / Iddo house)
Iddo
Lagos.

We can forward you our Company profile / brochure via email to give yourself an idea on who we are , and what we do. If you require, please forward your email address.

In the meanwhile, any further queries, I will be glad to assist.

Best regards
Manoj Dadlani
Re: My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel by ESEL: 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
Try Diagnose you Car first before any Mechanic will work on it. THe Diagnosis Rslt will tell you what exactly caused the problem.
You could contact me for further details: lexyzs@yahoo.com or 234 803 5496 482

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know? (Car Facts) / What's The Best Price For A Nigerian Used Honda Accord 2005 Very Clean / Please Help: Between Honda CRV 2005 & RAV 05

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.