Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Promoting Your Book In Nigeria - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Promoting Your Book In Nigeria (448 Views)

How Do I Publishe A Book In Our Nigerian Market (offline) / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here / Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Promoting Your Book In Nigeria by Agstar(f): 7:25pm On May 23, 2017
You’ve finally published your book. Congrats! You’re now an author (if you’re a rookie in the Industry) and if not, thumbs up to you because it isn’t easy being self published. So what’s next? Let me guess, you’re marketing the book by yourself and quite a number of copies are sitting comfortably on shelves of book stores whether physical or electronic. You’ve sat back to wait for the weighty credit alert signalling a mad rush for your book. Oops! How long have you been waiting? Then the financial drops you’ve received is quite disturbing and soon invokes frustration. At best your friends, family, colleagues bought it and now you’ve resulted in sticking it in people’s faces, silently screaming “buy my book, save me from this cash strapped mess!

You believe you should have sold many copies at this stage, yeah right! Without the core platforms of a having a marketing plan and publicity budget, coupled with thousands of authors screaming for the attention of buyers, why the heck would they pick your book to buy?
From experience, I’ve found out that no matter how rich your content is (fiction or non-fiction) if you don’t promote your book which invariably culminates into promoting your author’s brand, creating awareness of the book leading to sales, the dust of life will certainly rest on it. Many authors simply think that by posting the release of the book and where to buy same on Face book , sales will automatically be generated. ‘Hate to burst your bubble, but it doesn’t work that way.

Seriously, how can a good number of people buy what they haven’t heard about? Do you even know where your target market hangs out online and offline? Why should they go out of their way to buy your book? Where and how accessible is it? How affordable is it? Was there a marketing plan and publicity budget from the onset that was leveraged on to get their attention? These are questions you need to answer.
Relax! You need a publicist who understands how the book terrain works, can develop a marketing plan, promote the book within your publicity budget; whether it’s a press release, scheduling interviews in Newspapers, Radio, organizing media coverage of your event; book launch/release/public presentation/reading/literary event, seminar, writing workshop, media tour, online promotions, among other things. CALL NOW : +2347036693703 to make it happen.

(1) (Reply)

Patience And It's Consequences / The Ninjas Written By Igono James Ugbede [ God's Own Author ] / The Day I Was Told I Am A "Dullard"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.