Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,545 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja (2552 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Jonathan’s Cousin, Otazi (Mrs) / Gunmen Kidnap Diezani Allison-Madueke's Brother / Assistant Director, Capital Projects And Infrastructure West Africa Transnationa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by asha80(m): 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2010
Gunmen kidnap Federal Assistant Director in Abuja
Cover Stories Jan 14, 2010 By Chris Ochayi
ABUJA—AN Assistant Director with the Federal Ministry of National Planning, Chief Oluwole Adelana, was on Sunday night abducted by gunmen in the Garki Area 1 of Abuja.
It was learnt that the abductors drove him away to an unknown destination in his Toyota Camry car.
Chief Adelana had served in the offices of the Accountant-General of the Federation, AGF, and the Millennium Development Goals, MDGs, in Abuja, until his latest posting at the National Planning Ministry.

The incident, it was learnt, had been reported at the Special Anti-Robbery Squads, SARS, office in the nation’s capital. SARS operatives, it was gathered, swung into action immediately the matter was reported by alerting their offices in the neighbouring states.

The car in which Adelana was abducted, it was further gathered, was later discovered set on fire on the Yobe-Maiduguri road by the gunmen after the vehicle was tracked and demobilised.

However, no fewer than two persons are said to be undergoing interrogation in connection with the matter at the SARS office.

According to investigations, the Assistant Director was returning from his hometown, Idoani in the Ose Local Government Area of Ondo State, when the gunmen forcefully abducted him, some metres to his residence in Garki Area 2.

It was further gathered that Adelana, on getting to Garki Area 1, decided to visit a friend who lived in the area before going home.

After the visit, Adelana was about entering his car when the gunmen emerged from hiding, abducted him and drove him away to an unknown location.

The friend to the Assistant Director, who witnessed what happened, was said to have contacted another friend of theirs’ identified as Engineer Dele, who in turned called his (Adelana’s) family to inform them of the incident.

The family, it was gathered, reported the matter to the police same night. Adelana’s office has also been informed about the kidnapping.

A cousin of the Assistant Director, Mr. Duro Aderobagun, confirmed the abduction, yesterday, in Abuja, adding that his family members were worried as no call has been made to them by the abductors to either demand ransom or provide any information since the incident happened.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/14/gunmen-kidnap-federal-assistant-director-in-abuja/
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by asha80(m): 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2010
Some guys are about to get paid.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by DaBlaze: 11:33am On Jan 15, 2010
asha 80:

Some guys are about to get paid.

For real
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by ontle: 11:40am On Jan 15, 2010
when will all this stop? thought it was only the South South/East that was rampant for kidnapping. Looks as if there is no safe haven in 9ja again, God help us!!!!
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by princekevo(m): 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2010
ontle:

when will all this stop?
Until Nigeria is being fixed.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by bandely(m): 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2010
Boy oh Boy!

Maga wan pay! grin grin
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by bilymuse: 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
mugu don kolo
Maga wan swagger
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by mrofficial(m): 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2010
Nice one! In Abuja grin
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by Kx: 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2010
kidnapping should be condemned
but if d good boys rebrand and kidnap govt officials instead of dem
obobo in niger delta,i wont say nothing
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by aloyemeka7: 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2010
What if Yaradua was kidnapped and they are hiding it cos of security purposes?
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by kawkab: 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2010
We used to think that Abuja is safe. This is the second high profile kidnapping in Abuja. The first being the kidnapping of the daughter of a member of the House of Rep at the University of Abuja.

From the South South to the South East, kidnapping has spread to the North Central (Kogi) to the South West and the North. Now Abuja is under focus.

It is so frustrating that the government is doing nothing to address the root causes of this trend.

I guess it is time to say another round of prayer for Nigeria
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by 1forall: 6:18am On Jan 16, 2010
Poor assistant director, but until we stand up against irresponsible governance it shall not stop. But thinking about it now, here's a list of 3 people I wont complain if I hear them kidnapped.

1. Aondoakaa
2. Aondoakaa
3. Mike Aondoakaa

I have a feeling its a crime that'll do more good than harm.

Go boys!
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by hackney(m): 11:08am On Jan 16, 2010
I hope they kidnap all the embezzlers.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by jkemzy(m): 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2010
The child that says the mother will not sleep should also be ready to stay awake.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by Beaf: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2010
I hope the man comes back safe. But, above that, I hope we can resolve our issue's in Nigeria; we are sinking at a rapid rate. cry
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by chelseabmw(m): 6:17am On Jan 17, 2010
i don't think this kidnapping business should be practised in abuja, i think it's better of in Enugu grin
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by flashgeek: 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2010
I am an Ondo guy and my father was a personal friend of that man but I am glad he has been abducted. All these useless people who claim to be honest only to go and serve a corrupt government deserve no pity from us.

He got what he deserved. I wont mind if they kill him too. It is about time we start killing these folks. No mercy for the PDP no forgiveness KILL THEM ALL
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by flashgeek: 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2010
1forall:

Poor assistant director, but until we stand up against irresponsible governance it shall not stop. But thinking about it now, here's a list of 3 people I wont complain if I hear them kidnapped.

1. Aondoakaa
2. Aondoakaa
3. Mike Aondoakaa

I have a feeling its a crime that'll do more good than harm.

Go boys!

A sniper’s bullet will be more appropriate for Mike Aondoakaa.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by Fkay50: 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
flashgeek:
I am an Ondo guy and my father was a personal friend of that man but I am glad he has been abducted. All these useless people who claim to be honest only to go and serve a corrupt government deserve no pity from us.

He got what he deserved. I wont mind if they kill him too. It is about time we start killing these folks. No mercy for the PDP no forgiveness KILL THEM ALL

So without any proofs as to the reason why he was abducted. Not knowing wether he was abducted because he refused to adhere to some corrupt practices from bad eggs in the government you decided to condemn him just out of the fact that he joined the civil service to feed his kids. You really believe everyone in the public office is corrupt. He wasnt even a big deal he was a just an assistant director yet you feel he called shots for corrupt practices.People like you are the reason Nigeria is broken the hate and envy between people of your own ethnicity. Your comment reeks of envy maybe because that he was able to get to that level.
If you knew my father like you claimed you wouldnt jump to conclusions. if you had any sense you would know it would be difficult to kill corrupt people in the government cos they always have a backing and that’s how it has always been in Nigeria the good eggs always meet their end and the bad ones live longest. but like i said cleanse your heart of envy. Mr Ondo man
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by Fkay50: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
jkemzy:
The child that says the mother will not sleep should also be ready to stay awake.

what child your empty headed ignorant people think everyone in the govt has the capacity to embezzle. he was only an assistant director.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by Fkay50: 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
hackney:
I hope they kidnap all the embezzlers.

so common sense can’t tell you that some govt officials are actually victims of the bad eggs in the government. eveyone in the civil service is now embezzler. so myopic.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by leokid866: 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
How is it no one has figured out this happened in 2010
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Federal Assistant Director In Abuja by dasparrow: 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
Not again! I remember the words of Dr Mailafia of blessed memory. He said that in the last quarter of this year, they will go into the cities and start kidnapping prominent people. Then he said that in 2022, they plan to start a war so they can hold on to power. I hope you all are ready for 2022? Because it will be an interesting year. Make we dey watch.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Assumes Presidency Of Un Security Council / Nengi Josef Ilagha, Amanyanabo Of Nembe Writes Queen Elizabeth Ii On Nigeria / No Zoning Of Accountant General Position: Merit Only- Fed. Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.