Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,257 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

NYSC: How The Internet Has Changed The Way We "Obey The Clarion Call" - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: How The Internet Has Changed The Way We "Obey The Clarion Call" (13812 Views)

NYSC: How My Baby And I Passed Out In Style (Photos) / NYSC: How To Maximize Your One Year As A 'corper' / Obeying The Clarion Call: What Will Do If This Is The Way To Your PPA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: How The Internet Has Changed The Way We "Obey The Clarion Call" by wickyyolo: 7:25am On May 24, 2017
Nigeria unity is shit, How will a Muslim man marry a christian lady. But a Christian cannot marry a Muslim lady. What kind of unity is that ? lmao Muslim will tell a lie you both know and will say its the truth.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: How The Internet Has Changed The Way We "Obey The Clarion Call" by Onedibe1: 7:33am On May 24, 2017
D writer was biased,cldnt mk any reasonable point..
Re: NYSC: How The Internet Has Changed The Way We "Obey The Clarion Call" by iamwizzle(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2017
So u dy mk dis kyn money...na wa o...I wan play ur game op...but first u must play with bet9ja...so that I go fit check d coupon number...even if u na 100naira oh...mk I believe

SeanJ01
Re: NYSC: How The Internet Has Changed The Way We "Obey The Clarion Call" by jc4real(m): 8:17am On May 24, 2017
I understand that certain things aren't quite right with the way the scheme is being run,but I still believe that NYSC is still serving its purpose.
By having an up-close interaction with people of a different culture which NYSC makes possible,it helps one understand a people and aspects of their culture better as well as to disprove certain prejudices one could have had.
The 3 weeks camping gives corp members the rare opportunity of interacting with peers from across the country-more like meeting Nigeria through the youth in one place-and seeing things from a broader and even different perspective.

All -in-all the experience is worthwhile,but NYSC should do more to ensure the safety and overall welfare of corp members particularly during camping,to forestall any fatality which has sadly become common recently-the reason for which some Nigerians are calling for a scrap.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: How The Internet Has Changed The Way We "Obey The Clarion Call" by greencard: 9:49am On May 24, 2017
I personal don't believe NYSC has outlived it purpose and hence should be scrapped has many have been postulating

come to think of it many people have established contacts that led to job opportunity, marriage , skills , knowledge and even family while serving their Father's land

I know a couple who met during nysc but are now married , imagine if the scheme had been scrapped would that have happened?

scrapping NYSC for some few obvious excesses is like scrapping Nigeria cos of it Ill leadership , its like saying scrap sch because many graduates can't access jobs after schooling

truth is every good meaning purpose or dreams has their short comings nothing good comes without a price for it

besides many parents dreams is to see their wards put on that Nysc khaki to crown up their effort

although I encouraged Reformation of the scheme for better service

but be it as it may, I personally enjoyed my service year from camp to finish ..I wasn't too rosé but I manoeuvred and I'm ever grateful to God n Nysc itself for all what it thought me and made me achieved
Re: NYSC: How The Internet Has Changed The Way We "Obey The Clarion Call" by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 11:05am On May 24, 2017
Why is NYSC still alive

That scheme needs to be killed and then you can scrap the remains off the streets, mtcheew undecided

What nonsense!!!

That's how people were also supporting environmental sanitation movement restrictions, like wtf

Everybody just stuck in their ways, or the ways of the military era. How well has that worked out for Nigeria thus far No need to answer undecided

Wasting a productive year to "experience a different culture"

Just how daft does that sound Especially for a nation so far behind the world in almost every statistical index. Yet you are taking a year to" go experience culture", "love your neighbour", sigh

Daft, daft, daft, sooooooo daft

DAAAAAFT.

Give students opportunities for internships instead while they are still schooling. Encourage businesses to hold job fares at schools... there is just so much that can be done.
Re: NYSC: How The Internet Has Changed The Way We "Obey The Clarion Call" by omonighoblessing(f): 11:49am On May 24, 2017
dammy13:

Now, how's the morale?

http://fabinfos.com/nysc-how-the-internet-has-changed-the-way-we-obey-the-clarion-call/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
HIGH!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Next After NYSC Orientation Camp / NYSC Batch B, Corpers Passing Out Today - Congratulations / Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.