Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed (2408 Views)

See The Proposed Nigeria Elevation Tower / Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) / Ernest Azudialu Obiejesi's Nestoil Tower, Lagos (Video And Photo Documentry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by domack99(m): 11:14am On May 24, 2017
Hello Engineers and Experienced builders in the house,

Am making plans to construct a water tank tower of 5000 or 6000 liters capacity at an height of 25ft minimum to 30ft max to deliver a pressure of about 1.4 bar.

Option 1: please what is your take in using 2.5 inch Galvanized pipe with about 4 or more bracing point minus the roofing (where the tank sit)?

Also thinking of using clamps instead of welding for easy dismantling in future.

Option 2: If I decided to split the tank capacity like 2500 liters each or 3000 liter each side by side on the same stand on the same tower same pipe diameter but a wider bottom. Does this make it secure?

Tower will be on an open field.
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by Larwin(m): 1:30pm On May 24, 2017
if its sitting side by side, then yr tower has to be 6legs. 2.5" is not bad.
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by domack99(m): 2:30pm On May 24, 2017
Larwin:
if its sitting side by side, then yr tower has to be 6legs. 2.5" is not bad.

thanks,

so using a single 5000 liters tank on a 4 leg is not a good option?
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by Larwin(m): 2:51pm On May 24, 2017
domack99:

thanks,

so using a single 5000 liters tank on a 4 leg is not a good option?

it depends on the size of yr galvanize. You can split it into 2. And you can try to use 3'' pipe.
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by johnson232: 4:24pm On May 24, 2017
why 2.5"? When constructing water tank stand 4" is always recommended.
for a height of about 9m i wouldn't recommend 2.5". Go with option two, 6 legs & split the capacity of litres for more stability & use 4" pipes.
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by domack99(m): 6:52pm On May 24, 2017
johnson232:
why 2.5"? When constructing water tank stand 4" is always recommended.
for a height of about 9m i wouldn't recommend 2.5". Go with option two, 6 legs & split the capacity of litres for more stability & use 4" pipes.

Thanks, the reason for 2.5inch is cost cutting, the project is for irrigation purpose so need to minimize cost on the farm.

so if I have to use 6 legs and split the tank capacity I still have to use 4 inch pipe?
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by johnson232: 7:57pm On May 24, 2017
domack99:

Thanks, the reason for 2.5inch is cost cutting, the project is for irrigation purpose so need to minimize cost on the farm.

so if I have to use 6 legs and split the tank capacity I still have to use 4 inch pipe?
@bold....yes sir. taking into consideration the height of the water tank stand, about 30ft. 4" pipe is recommended.... 2.5" pipe is not advisable sir.
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by Larwin(m): 9:16pm On May 24, 2017
johnson232:

@bold....yes sir. taking into consideration the height of the water tank stand, about 30ft. 4" pipe is recommended.... 2.5" pipe is not advisable sir.

Since the capacity is nt more than 5000ltrs, 3" will just do. and if he is using 6legs, i think he could even use 2.5 to be cost effective.
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by johnson232: 5:21am On May 25, 2017
Larwin:

Since the capacity is nt more than 5000ltrs, 3" will just do. and if he is using 6legs, i think he could even use 2.5 to be cost effective.
okay...if u say so...

Just that i haven't used less than 4" in any of mine before for a height of about 30ft...
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by domack99(m): 8:34am On May 25, 2017
Larwin:

This is my thought as well, initially I was thinking of using 5 legs with single 5000 liters. The fifth leg will be at the center of the four legs supporting the tank at the middle. But not sure if the center pole will be necessary if horizontal pole will be use as tank sit which can distribute the weight to the four side poles
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by Larwin(m): 9:52am On May 25, 2017
johnson232:

okay...if u say so...

Just that i haven't used less than 4" in any of mine before for a height of about 30ft...
the pipe to use shud be a function of load and nt height.
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by domack99(m): 10:25am On May 25, 2017
Larwin:

the pipe to use shud be a function of load and not height.

You are right, if am looking at 750 liters with same height, I won't be debating about pipe size
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by Larwin(m): 10:32am On May 25, 2017
domack99:

This is my thought as well, initially I was thinking of using 5 legs with single 5000 liters. The fifth leg will be at the center of the four legs supporting the tank at the middle. But not sure if the center pole will be necessary if horizontal pole will be use as tank sit which can distribute the weight to the four side poles

try to use 6legs to avoid stories that touches the heart. Using 5legs, the center leg might just b acting aas a dummy, the brazing attached to it also matters.
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by johnson232: 11:41am On May 25, 2017
Larwin:

the pipe to use shud be a function of load and nt height.
U are wrong....Height is also part of it...H beams are even recommended for any height above 30ft...Height is a major factor when erecting tank stand...
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by Larwin(m): 1:24pm On May 25, 2017
johnson232:

U are wrong....Height is also part of it...H beams are even recommended for any height above 30ft...Height is a major factor when erecting tank stand...

yea, i know height is also a factor...Just nt a major factor.
Most people always run away from H beams due to cost...but when the height is going above like 30ft, the best is to just go for H-beams.
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by Ayemileto(m): 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2023
domack99:

Hi.

I'm at this point too, I want to make a tank stand for irrigation too and need to cut costs.

How did you go about yours eventually?
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by Akbil: 10:46am On Jan 13
Ayemileto:

Hi.

I'm at this point too, I want to make a tank stand for irrigation too and need to cut costs.

How did you go about yours eventually?

Any response from the last poster?

How did you get around yours too?
Re: 5000L Water Tower With 2.5inch Pipe: Expert Advice Needed by Ayemileto(m): 11:29am On Jan 13
Akbil:

Any response from the last poster?

How did you get around yours too?

Didn't make any tower eventually.

The farm is sloppy, putting the tank on the floor of the topmost part, and there was enough pressure for the water to circulate.

I eventually stopped using the tank and connected the pumping machine directly to the drip tapes because some people brought cows into the farm one time. I believe they came for water because they cut the pipe on the outlet of the tank, and their cows matched and broke a whole lots of pipes as well.

(1) (Reply)

Queens Park Estate Mowe Ofada (serene And Affordable Environment) / Electricity Tariff: I Bought A Unit Of Electricity At 54 Naira In Abuja(photo)) / Prime Estate Pakuro N648,000 Per Plot Payable In 24 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.