Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,866 members, 7,841,248 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award (39561 Views)

Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Lockdown: Governor Wike To Distribute Foodstuffs (Photos) / Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by samdaisi: 2:24pm On May 24, 2017
its only mad man that take side when these people you call politician are fighting

base on how to inflict you with poverty,joblessness and mental torture immediately

Wke decamp to APC now he will become Amechi best friend back again
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by translux(m): 2:26pm On May 24, 2017
lavenjcrown:
this is why i never want to involve my self into policies. i told they are having misunderstanding with each other.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by translux(m): 2:26pm On May 24, 2017
lavenjcrown:
this is why i never want to involve my self into policies. i told they are having misunderstanding with each other.
rfccb
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by lavenjcrown(m): 2:27pm On May 24, 2017
?/
translux:
rfccb
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by magoo10(m): 2:28pm On May 24, 2017
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Nellygrae(m): 2:32pm On May 24, 2017
This will be interesting grin
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Aburi001: 2:33pm On May 24, 2017
akinreals:
I trust Amaechi, he will not near the venue of that award event
This is a reconciliation move to make peace with Amaechi grin

Meanwhile, some fools are here on Nairaland killing themselves because of these 2 Politicians.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by greggng: 2:41pm On May 24, 2017
He is planning to kill amaechi with a poisoned award. God forbid
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Mophasa(m): 2:49pm On May 24, 2017
So many senseless and ignorant mofos on this forum

It's a rivers state government award to individuals that have contributed to the development of the state one way or the other and it's very logical that Amaechi who served as a two term governor of the state to be included

The 29 man list is dominated by past leaders of the state, and it has nothing to do with politics

Get your facts right before posting trash and exposing your ignorance.
Aburi001:
This is a reconciliation move to make peace with Amaechi grin

Meanwhile, some fools are here on Nairaland killing themselves because of these 2 Politicians.
samdaisi:
its only mad man that take side when these people you call politician are fighting

base on how to inflict you with poverty,joblessness and mental torture immediately

Wke decamp to APC now he will become Amechi best friend back again

2 Likes

Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Laple0541(m): 2:51pm On May 24, 2017
Good, Mr big head don de come to him senses small small, he don de realise say oga na master.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Ibifizzleboy(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2017
I wonder when people will keep politics aside and join hands with the person in power to make his/her State a better place for all to live.

As the saying goes, our problems are bigger than the parties we now find ourselves, come PDP, APC, APGA, ADP, KOWA etc
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Mophasa(m): 3:00pm On May 24, 2017
lofty900:
Wike want to decamp to apc. Lol. The award is to appease the gods grin

Mumu, it has nothing to do with politics, it's a Rivers state award to past leaders that contributed to the development of the state
Get your facts right and stop exposing your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by akinsbeeone: 3:01pm On May 24, 2017
who says they are beefing each other before, I believe they still do eat at the same plate regularly, making mockery of nigerian populace. APC and PDP no be the same. Still same set of people in power, all they do is just change political parties.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Mophasa(m): 3:05pm On May 24, 2017
ApolitiCal:

Mr knowledgeable, Fayose and wike will decamp if the outcome of supreme Court doesn't favor them. Fayose made this known to the public few days ago. Obanikoro has started his own process already.

Get that straight to your empty skull.

Stfu and stop saying things you don't know

Even if they decamp it can never be to Apc, there are over 30 political parties in Nigeria and new parties can always be formed.

The award has nothing to do with politics, it's a rivers state award to past leaders that contributed to the state
Wike and Amaechi are still political rivals despite anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by TexasR: 3:11pm On May 24, 2017
ApolitiCal:

Mr knowledgeable, Fayose and wike will decamp if the outcome of supreme Court doesn't favor them. Fayose made this known to the public few days ago. Obanikoro has started his own process already.

Get that straight to your empty skull.

Decamp to where nah ??
Don't tell me to APCshit
The katakata that is about to hit the camp of APC is going to be so monumentally calamitous such that dem no go see the fragments pick.Wait till first quarter 2018 after Bubu matter has been settled
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by otokx(m): 3:12pm On May 24, 2017
Give honour to whom honour is due, Amaechi was a speaker of the house for 8 years and then went on to be governor for another 8 years.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by TexasR: 3:14pm On May 24, 2017
otokx:
Give honour to whom honour is due, Amaechi was a speaker of the house for 8 years and then went on to be governor for another 8 years.

So he was a beneficiary of the PDP structure for 16 years shocked shocked
Choii Amaechi is truly an epic traitor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by fastgyal(f): 3:32pm On May 24, 2017
swagagolic01:

U really know ntn
honestly
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by justmenoni: 4:11pm On May 24, 2017
MR ITK... Keep it Up.

quote author=ApolitiCal post=56829295]

Get that straight to your empty skull. [/quote]
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Mbediogu(m): 4:15pm On May 24, 2017
Wike is trying to fulfill all righteousness. If he wanted it for fence mending he would have done other things before now. Atleast he wouldn't be raising new issues about Amaechi by now. If I were Amaechi, I will not go but send a very junior cadre rep from my office to receive it. Afterall he Amaechi also worked for Rivers and history of that state without him is incomplete.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 24, 2017
akinreals:
I trust Amaechi, he will not near the venue of that award event

You don't know amaechi ,he will go not unless its clashing with a trip overseas or urgent work but of course he will wait for feed back from insiders to ensure no be assassination plot

Shall we wait and c?
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by donborg(m): 4:29pm On May 24, 2017
BRING YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE, BRING YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER. Wike is a genius!
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by durasome(m): 4:32pm On May 24, 2017
this is laughable,someone you have been calling different kinds of bad name and now same you wants to honour same person with an honorary award.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by billyG(m): 4:35pm On May 24, 2017
I hope he is not trying to hang a madness charm on ameachi.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by alaskido(m): 4:45pm On May 24, 2017
I can believe what I have just read. These two enemies what to shake hands in an award presentation? E no go easy o.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Kiakia(m): 4:48pm On May 24, 2017
ceometromedia:
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has listed his arch-rival, Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, among several persons to be honoured by the state.

Prospective honourees will be honoured for their individual contributions to the development of Rivers State.

A list of honourees prepared by the Jubilee Anniversary Committee set up by Mr. Wike had Mr. Amaechi’s name at number 18 amongst 29 people to be awarded Grand Service Star of Rivers State.

Former Nigerian leaders Goodluck Jonathan and Yakubu Gowon are also on the list, alongside late activist, Ken Saro-Wiwa, who would be honoured posthumously.

Mr. Amaechi served as governor of Rivers State from 2007 to 2015. Mr. Wike succeeded him.

The awards ceremony is slated to hold on May 27 in Port Harcourt, the state capital, according to the program pamphlet .

It was not immediately clear if the minister would accept the honour or personally show up to receive his medal from Mr. Wike, with whom he’d been locked in bitter political contest for more than three years.

Mr. Amaechi’s spokesperson, David Iyofor, said he was not aware of his principal being identified amongst those to be honoured.

Although Mr. Wike once served as Mr. Amaechi’s chief of staff during the former’s first term from 2007 to 2011, the duo soon fell out with each other shortly after Mr. Wike was appointed as Minister of State foe Education by former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Mr. Wike was scheming to succeed Mr. Amaechi in office, but the then governor had a different plan.

The disagreement soon snowballed into an all-out political chaos between the duo.

When a friction ensued between Mr. Amaechi and former First Lady Patience Jonathan, Mr. Wike took sides with the latter.

The award comes even as Mr. Wike appears to intensify attacks against his predecessor.

Within the last few weeks, the governor has levelled many allegations against the minister.

Shortly after a huge stash of cash was discovered in an apartment in Ikoyi, Mr. Wike took to media to link Mr. Amaechi with the money.

The claim turned out to be false after it was confirmed that the money belonged to the National Intelligence Agency.

On Monday, the governor accused Mr. Amaechi of raising a cult militia in the state, to prepare for 2019 elections.

Mr. Amaechi denied the allegation.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/05/gov-wike-to-honour-rotimi-amaechi-with.html

Don't expect Amaechi to accept this ward or show up in Portharcourt to receive same.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Duru009(m): 4:52pm On May 24, 2017
Wike is gradually drafting to APC......
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by suremanpatriot: 5:54pm On May 24, 2017
Wike is wicked,it could be a trap. Amaechi dont go period.
Re: Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award by Mcreloaded(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2017
Wine softening the ground for decamping things after all fayose started the move then we the citizens will be breaking our head for politicians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Uses Hummer Jeep To Campaign (pics) / Shehu Sani Doesn't Know The Man In His The Campaign Poster With Buhari / Olofa Of Offa Met With Tinubu In Abuja (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.