Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

The State Of The Nation And the stand The Christian Community must take - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The State Of The Nation And the stand The Christian Community must take (572 Views)

Top Five Marriage Crisis That Shook The Nigerian Christian Community. / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / The Stand Of Women In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The State Of The Nation And the stand The Christian Community must take by seyenko(m): 9:24am On Jan 15, 2010
Morning All,

How you all doing? over the past couple of weeks, Nigeria has being without leadership. However i expect at least our Christian leaders to speak up for the rights of the masses and very few of them has since done that. We saw Tunde Bakare protesting in Abuja and the head of the Anglican communion in Nigeria Jasper Akinola has also done the same. I am just wondering, what are the likes of RCCG, Winners Chapel, Chosen etc doing for the rights of the masses? Is it that they can only pray, do revival, collect offering and tithes, then they keep 'mum' when we expect that they act as a pressure group. I think we need to evaluate the leaders of Christianity as a whole, if you cannot defend the oppressed from the oppressors then you are nothing but a business man. What do you think?
Re: The State Of The Nation And the stand The Christian Community must take by Annunaki(m): 9:45am On Jan 15, 2010
Dat's true, how come Adeboye and other wave making pastors never stand up for the rights of the oppressed despite all the billions they are making from them.
Re: The State Of The Nation And the stand The Christian Community must take by Bearshare(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2010
I think say somebody create a similar thread too undecided undecided undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-381317.0.html
Re: The State Of The Nation And the stand The Christian Community must take by seyenko(m): 10:23am On Jan 15, 2010
Just looked thru the hyperlink you provided and i can see similaries, but it baffles me that the new testament said Christianity is not of meat and drink, but of persecution and long suffering. If you are a Christian leader and you are afraid of the butt of the gun or a jail sentence for public disobedience because you are exercising your human rights, then you shouldn't call yourself a Christian leadder since you are not happy to suffer. What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Are We Truely A Good People And A Great Nation? / When I Bcom D President.. / Goddamned.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.