Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year (23984 Views)

Jamel Nwokoye: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Attempted Rape, Assault (Photo) / Amos Gabriel: Nigerian Jailed For Fraud In Singapore Gets Fresh Cheating Charge / Nigerian Jailed For Raping Five Teenage Girls In The UK (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2017
Youngadvocate:
Nigerian National, Izundu Lotanna Chukwudi, 42, a former teacher in England, who was found guilty of trying to retail methamphetamine and sentenced to 18 years in jail has won his appeal to get the term shortened by one year in southern Vietnam, according to a court verdict.

An appellate court in Ho Chi Minh City cut the jail term for Izundu Lotanna Chukwudi, 42, after a hearing Tuesday, May 23, citing limited consequence of the illegal trade. (He is pictured in Court yesterday)

The previous verdict handed last September said Chukwudi came to Ho Chi Minh City to work as an English teacher at American-Vietnam International Language School in 2008 and met a fellow Nigerian called Bruno in 2013, who persuaded him to sell drugs for some extra income.

In January 2014, Bruno gave Chukwudi 400 grams (0.88 lb) of methamphetamine and asked him to sell for at least $2,800 per 100 grams. A month later Chukwudi was busted in the city's backpacker area as he was trying to sell the drugs to a Vietnamese for up to $4,000.

Vietnam has some of the world’s toughest drug laws. Those convicted of possessing or smuggling more than 600 grams of heroin or more than 2.5kg of methamphetamine face the death penalty.

Credit: VNE Express

http://igbobia.com/?q=nwafor-igbo-jailed-for-18years-for-drug-trafficking-wins-appeal-to-reduce-it-to-1year.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by sadiqakanbi(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2017
Youngadvocate:
Nigerian National, Izundu Lotanna Chukwudi, 42, a former teacher in England, who was found guilty of trying to retail methamphetamine and sentenced to 18 years in jail has won his appeal to get the term shortened by one year in southern Vietnam, according to a court verdict.

An appellate court in Ho Chi Minh City cut the jail term for Izundu Lotanna Chukwudi, 42, after a hearing Tuesday, May 23, citing limited consequence of the illegal trade. (He is pictured in Court yesterday)

The previous verdict handed last September said Chukwudi came to Ho Chi Minh City to work as an English teacher at American-Vietnam International Language School in 2008 and met a fellow Nigerian called Bruno in 2013, who persuaded him to sell drugs for some extra income.

In January 2014, Bruno gave Chukwudi 400 grams (0.88 lb) of methamphetamine and asked him to sell for at least $2,800 per 100 grams. A month later Chukwudi was busted in the city's backpacker area as he was trying to sell the drugs to a Vietnamese for up to $4,000.

Vietnam has some of the world’s toughest drug laws. Those convicted of possessing or smuggling more than 600 grams of heroin or more than 2.5kg of methamphetamine face the death penalty.

http://igbobia.com/?q=nwafor-igbo-jailed-for-18years-for-drug-trafficking-wins-appeal-to-reduce-it-to-1year.html
this country will soon crash like mmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by pembisco(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2017
Igbo cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by adeniyi3971(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by Adedoyin2303(f): 8:44pm On May 24, 2017
NCAN over to you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by Alitair(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2017
All this people calling Chukwudi, chukwudi.... Did chukwudi steal ur joy?
Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by cmax16: 8:45pm On May 24, 2017
Confusing topic that raises hope upandown. "... wins appeal to reduce it TO 1 year", on reading it appears it was "reduce BY 1 year". When will our brothers from the town the sun rises will learn sef? Only a dimwit will push drugs in Asia.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by EvilMetahuman: 8:45pm On May 24, 2017
Chukwudi the half jew

For more development

Text flatr0n to 419

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by KanwuliaExtra: 8:45pm On May 24, 2017
I am tired of "these people" I swear!
Na wetin? angry

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by shukuokukobambi: 8:49pm On May 24, 2017
MasterChen:
Developer: Abiama, we want our country

Abiama: I'll make that happen but I need to know what would be the major source of revenue in your proposed country?

Developer: Abiama, that's no big deal. We are planning to exploit the whole dusting powder value chain

Abiama:

Omo iya mi, you be case. Only you 1 na bad guys cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by gberra: 8:50pm On May 24, 2017
adadike281:
Chukwudi! chukwudi!! chukwudi!!! how many times did I call u?
Come to daddy. Anus-stuffers are fakers, they are criminals. They will leave you in tears. Can't you see that you are already lamenting.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by dustydee: 8:51pm On May 24, 2017
Reduced By one year not to one year. Bloggers and comprehension problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by otunbabrown: 8:54pm On May 24, 2017
Na wa o!
Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by koropotopoto: 8:54pm On May 24, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Izundu Lotanna Chukwudi, 42,
you see your life?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by LordOfNaira: 8:56pm On May 24, 2017
Youngadvocate:

Nawa o. Reduced by one year is different from reduced to one year, Mr OP. Modify your topic, please!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by otunbabrown: 8:57pm On May 24, 2017
Na dem way.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 24, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by darkckUSA: 8:59pm On May 24, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
even tho i be igbo this comment too funny grin

Lol!
Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by darkckUSA: 9:00pm On May 24, 2017
MasterChen:
Developer: Abiama, we want our country

Abiama: I'll make that happen but I need to know what would be the major source of revenue in your proposed country?

Developer: Abiama, that's no big deal. We are planning to exploit the whole dusting powder value chain

Abiama:

Guy you wicked ooo! I be Igbo but this post win number one spot here... Gawd.. Lmao!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by Alariwo2: 9:02pm On May 24, 2017
Na dem.. grin

Chukwudili ole
It's how to come and spray dollars they know.. Their elders and family members don't care how they make the money. shiooiir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by walosky(m): 9:02pm On May 24, 2017
CliffordOrji:
Izundu Chukwudi. I know this guy personally. He is from Aguata Local Government of Anambra state.

We Igbos should stop bringing shame, disgrace, ridicule, contempt and resentment to our tribe.

I travelled to Vietnam last year september. My itinerary in that country took me through Saigon and Hanoi. As a true nwafor Igbo myself I must confess that all the Igbos I met, I mean virtually all the Igbos I met in Vietnam are into cocaine trafficking and drug peddling. The few Yoruba's I saw were either in the university or working in big corporations
so no single afonja was peddling drugs there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by LordOfNaira: 9:05pm On May 24, 2017
dbynonetwork:
Skull miners won't like this news. grin

Reduced by one year means he would serve 17 years instead of the initial 18.

You people should learn to read. No wonder you are swallowing up every BS given to you on Radio Biafra.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by selfmadeboss: 9:16pm On May 24, 2017
we nigerians dont bear such names. he is from a country call ipob or biafra

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 24, 2017
CliffordOrji:
Izundu Chukwudi. I know this guy personally. He is from Aguata Local Government of Anambra state.

We Igbos should stop bringing shame, disgrace, ridicule, contempt and resentment to our tribe.

I travelled to Vietnam last year september. My itinerary in that country took me through Saigon and Hanoi. As a true nwafor Igbo myself I must confess that all the Igbos I met, I mean virtually all the Igbos I met in Vietnam are into cocaine trafficking and drug peddling. The few Yoruba's I saw were either in the university or working in big corporations
e pain the Afonja, primitive people.

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by edupedia: 9:23pm On May 24, 2017
Funlord2:
NCAN commander..."Ok girls we have an izundu chukwudi trying to develop the Asian region like his "blodas" have also done in lagos in this report! Who can remember what we call these sort of developers from the land of the potopots?

The girls...lnyamiri semi jews!

....they are called Igbos...aka 419...fiction writers...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by edupedia: 9:24pm On May 24, 2017
padiga047:
e pain the Afonja, primitive people.

...see yeye IPOB logic as usual...

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by LexngtonSteele: 9:25pm On May 24, 2017
grin

They should give Olympic medals for Drug-Dealing.

A tribe would always win. Gold, Silver & Bronze medals

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jailed For 18 Years For Drug Sales, Wins Appeal To Reduce It By 1 Year by intruxive(m): 9:26pm On May 24, 2017
Ipob undecided
Please is there any of these guys in asia with a legitimate source of income? Or can we fairly just start detaining any of them going to malaysia, vietnam, cambodia, indonisia and india? At least we will stop them b4 they disgrace us outside. Lets keep managing them here locally angry

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interview With Friends Of Slain Uniport Students / Man Stabs His Elder Brother To Death In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Court Orders Evans To Refund €233,000, N50Million ransom To Abducted Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.