Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" (41378 Views)

Police Arrest Two Highway Robbers On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Picture) / Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS / Pastor And Wife Killed By Robbers On Their Way From Convention (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by informant001: 5:32pm On May 24, 2017
A man identified as Okeme Arome Romey has narrated how he escaped death after being confronted by armed robbers on his way to Abuja from Kaduna state. Read what he shared below;

On the seventeenth of May in the year of our Lord two thousand and seventeen, at about 6.20pm, I cheated death...yet again.

I had just spoken with Arc. Felix and hung up with a wry smile that didn't go just too soon. It's being a while I saw the young man. I was headed to Abuja from Kaduna in a public car, there was a gentleman who sat next to my left engrossed in his phone and I peeped and he let me in on what he was watching. I smiled because I had seen the funny video before.

I focused on the journey proper as we drove some 20-30min after taking off, I realized we were at a village called Rijanna and I let my fibers and muscles relax as we had some 1-2hrs more of driving to do. Just as I made to relax, I caught a glimpse of a car parked in the distance by the side of the road with some rough looking men, about 5, wearing military camouflage tops and other trousers wielding guns, I recognized a locally made pistol and some bigger AK47 rifles.

They were obviously the Highwaymen. This mental calculations took only a few seconds to register and I whispered aloud, Robbers! They were robbing the occupants of the vehicle as I saw them all seated on the ground distraught. We had unfortunately ran into them, one of them started beckoning at us to come closer, we were some 50-100meters away, so i asked the driver to reverse the car and try to escape. He obliged.

As the car screeched to retreat, one of the robbers launched after us, he pointed his gun at the vehicle and squeezed the trigger, there were rain of bullets digging their way through the thick body of the car with ease, wheel screen shattered and glasses splintered hither and thither. I was under the illusion that we had escaped when out of the blues three other colleagues of theirs emerged from the bush behind us in a commando style with AK 47s and opened fire on the car, I was sitting just directly where the car was taking fire. The driver opened his door and jumped out, the passenger at the extreme left of me behind the driver opened his door also and we began pouring out.

Once outside, we made for the trough on the side of the road in an attempt to escape to the other carriage of the road leading cars from Abuja to Kaduna. The robbers didn't give up just yet, they ran after us and kept shooting, bullets bounced off the ground close to my feet and flew past my side, I missed a step and fell, picked myself up and commenced running again. It was obvious my mind ran faster than my legs. I kept the motivation going by saying to me, " breathe easy and run for it, you haven't been hit". To the glory of God alone, I made it to the other side of the road and kept running while flagging cars down. I was finally lucky to get one which stopped, whisked me away to some 2-3 km from the site of the action where I met the police preparing to respond. They had obviously heard the shots and noticed the long queue building up on the highway.

As I was running I could see from the corner of my eyes how cars were trying hard to turn around, some left their cars in the middle of the road and jumped out, passengers were pouring out through windows and skedaddling, people were falling off as others took cover in the bushes. It was a chaotic sight.

CONTINUE BELOW;

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/i-cheated-death-yet-again-man-who-was.html

14 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by informant001: 5:34pm On May 24, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by newyorks(m): 6:53pm On May 24, 2017
its never ur time.

13 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by ilyasom(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2017
This is scary

2 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Onedibe1: 8:37pm On May 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by davibid: 8:37pm On May 24, 2017
Na God win

53 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Victorakats(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2017
You didn't cheat death, God saved you!

Please return all glory to Him... It's not by your wisdom but by God's mercy!

Thank God for saving you though!

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by thestevens: 8:38pm On May 24, 2017
Just thank God to always stay above evil plans on your life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by ekems2017(f): 8:38pm On May 24, 2017
Am so scared. Oh God protect me cos am about to ply that route one of this days. God will never allow me to see evil.
Bros I thank God for your life. You shall never die young.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Teewhy2: 8:38pm On May 24, 2017
Congratulations, GOD will continue to watch over us and we will walk and never stumble.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

5 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by momodub: 8:38pm On May 24, 2017
Na wah
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Roon9(m): 8:38pm On May 24, 2017
Oh

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 24, 2017
Surely Allah hasn't willed your death yet.......there's nothing like untimely death.....God created you and he decides when u die...every soul shall taste death whether early or late nothing like untimely death!

7 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Benekruku(m): 8:39pm On May 24, 2017

Would have made a 3rd class from the university if I could read the long epistle.

Op no get chill at all.....

Can someone summarize for me in two sentences?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Alitair(m): 8:39pm On May 24, 2017
Tiri gbosa for ur guardian angel.
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Justuceleague2: 8:40pm On May 24, 2017
We epp you thank God

4 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Rilwayne001: 8:40pm On May 24, 2017
Why always this road?

2 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by heenriiy19(m): 8:40pm On May 24, 2017
You ve got God behind you bro

1 Like

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by buoye1(m): 8:40pm On May 24, 2017
Wow... Congratulations to you bro
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Tenim47(m): 8:40pm On May 24, 2017
you fit cheat death? . go to express road and spread your mat. or face lagoon undecided
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by iluvpomo(m): 8:40pm On May 24, 2017
Security in Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 24, 2017
Jonathan sef sad
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Trueigbo: 8:41pm On May 24, 2017
Thank God
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Alitair(m): 8:41pm On May 24, 2017
Benekruku:

Would have made a 3rd class from the university if I could read the long epistle.

They shoot op, op run e no wound.

I hope ur satisfied

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Marv650(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2017
thank god for your life
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Articul8(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2017
Very well narrated

2 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by sweetilicious(f): 8:44pm On May 24, 2017
ilyasom:
This is scary
Am telling you. May God be with us

1 Like

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Sochimaobim(m): 8:45pm On May 24, 2017
That the police usually have no fuel in their trucks?? Nigeria!!
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Benekruku(m): 8:45pm On May 24, 2017
Alitair:

They shoot op, op run e no wound.

I hope ur satisfied

Thanks man!'

Na hin e con write long story like that?

2 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:45pm On May 24, 2017
Baba God is to be appreciated.. don't think u were Tom Cruise in mission Impossible, or James Bond 007. It was simply God.

3 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Marv650(m): 8:45pm On May 24, 2017
Benekruku:

I hope that lazy attitude won't stop you from reading what will benefit your life. Hope the advertisement for your dream Job

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Oyindidi(f): 8:45pm On May 24, 2017
Thank God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Wedding Guests In Kaduna, Kill Policemen, Others. Photos / Man Burnt To Death In Kano (Graphic Photo) / Tramadol Effect: Police Parade Armed Robber Sleeping After 24 Hours (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.