Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS (42818 Views)

Inside Story Of Bauchi Man Killed By Ex-girlfriend In Kano (pics) / Man Killed By Armed Robbers On Okene-Lokoja Highway / Police Arrest Two Highway Robbers On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by CastedDude: 5:29am On Nov 05, 2017
This is very sad. A Nigerian man identified as Ibrahim Adam Mailafiya, who recently bagged a Ph.D. from the University of Leeds, has been unfortunately killed by men of the underworld. According to media reports, Ibrahim was murdered by armed robbers on his way to Kano after his arrival to the country.

May his soul rest in peace.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/armed-robbers-kill-man-way-kano-return-uk-photo.html

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by forghon: 5:32am On Nov 05, 2017
Rip
Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by gabinogem(m): 5:35am On Nov 05, 2017
Hmmm...too bad. RIP
Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by DanseMacabre(m): 5:36am On Nov 05, 2017
This country is a hellhole people should be escaping from, not returning to.
Inna lilahi wa inna illahi raji'un.

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 05, 2017
APC government

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by sarrki(m): 5:41am On Nov 05, 2017
Sad

Saw the story yesterday

Abuja- kaduna- Kano road is now a dead zone

The situation needs to be curtailed ASAp

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Cutehector(m): 5:56am On Nov 05, 2017
This life. One just has to make peace with the Lord Jesus .

15 Likes

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 05, 2017
angry
Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by duduade: 6:12am On Nov 05, 2017
Sad
Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by python1: 6:30am On Nov 05, 2017
Very bad situation.

4 Likes

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Samsimple(m): 6:33am On Nov 05, 2017
Maybe he was dragging money with armed robber oohh, chaiii never argue with a man holding a gun. One way ticket to heaven

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Hofbrauhaus(m): 6:33am On Nov 05, 2017
How can you return to the zoo? Who does that?

If I get my way escape this jungle wey dey dominated by zombies and sarrkis...you think say i go ever come back? I dey mad?

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Konquest: 6:40am On Nov 05, 2017
CastedDude:
This is very sad. A Nigerian man identified as Ibrahim Adam Mailafiya, who recently bagged a Ph.D. from the University of Leeds, has been unfortunately killed by men of the underworld. According to media reports, Ibrahim was murdered by armed robbers on his way to Kano after his arrival to the country.

May his soul rest in peace.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/armed-robbers-kill-man-way-kano-return-uk-photo.html
^^^^^^^^
This is a big loss of a dynamic Northern
intellectual.

I made up mind to only travel by air
if I'm in Nigeria to most locations.
Lagos to Ibadan and some parts of SW
are still OK, but Kabba-Okene, Abuja-Kaduna,
Edo/Delta/East-West road etc, are NO go
areas if you do not want to get robbed,
kidnapped, or raped like these bandits from
Niger did last month in Niger State. After
robbing and killing, the gang raped a woman
they had kidnapped, but thanks to the
the IG's IRT Special Team, they were arrested
and I expect capital punishment for those
m.orons!

The people carrying out some of the latest
killings from my research are not from
Nigeria but from Niger Republic as
has also been noted that they are Fulfude, Gurma
and Zarma speakers from
outside Nigeria and not Nigerian Fulani.
The SBM Intelligence report on Twitter
of 28th April, 2016, and the accompanying
YouTube video of the Agatu attacks have
shown this to be a FACT.

UPDATE: SEE THE VIDEO HERE:===>
April 27, 2016 - Uploaded by SBM Intelligence

"Boats of Fully Armed Men Crossing Benue River En-Route the Agatu Attack"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLK60UTqSBo

UPDATE: SEE THE Twitter Post Here: ===>
https://twitter.com/sbmintelligence/status/725636279753302016

These m.orons are roaming along some forests adjoining
expressways in Nigeria - especially the Middle-Belt and
the Far-North. I will suggest that the DSS, Police/Military
intelligence, Nigerian Airforce Force "Intelligence, Surveillance
and Reconnaissance" (ISR) platforms, and Airforce drones,
should immediately be deployed before people in Nigeria
get fully disenchanted and it can bring down the
PMB/Yemi Osinbajo Government if care is NOT taken - and
Nigeria needs stability for tourists to come in to Nigeria
and for Nigerians to do business across the country. While
Nigeria police have arrested many of them, they are almost
always reactionary instead of being on the attack! These
foreigners from Niger are all over Nigeria via the porous borders.

There is also a thriving criminal cartel that sells stolen cars from Nigeria
[especially stolen from the North of Nigeria in Niger Republic for pittance].

How can foreigners be killing Nigeria citizens as if it is a NORMAL
thing?

That is why I do NOT encourage people to hire them as
maiguards. Hausa people don't do maiguard work or mai ruwa[water sellers],
but some people in some parts of Nigeria mistakenly refer to them
as Hausa which they are not!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by dearsly(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2017
His Honda Evil spirit was snatched also...along Kaduna-Kano road....

The breadwinner of the family...

I'm presently with the nephew now...It's a sad one...

RIP sir...

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by GuyWise(m): 6:49am On Nov 05, 2017
When you are in the zoo one from the numerous objects can kill you...
Accident: because of bad road.....

Hunger: because of high cost of food and unemployment....

Gun: from the soldiers and the police or from kidnapper's and armed robbers......

Witch-craft: your village people may not like your success so they may also attack you.....

I am tired.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 05, 2017
This APC govt sef cry

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 05, 2017
undecided
Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by 9japrof(m): 7:06am On Nov 05, 2017
That's the more reason why the foreigners should stay the hell away from Nigeria. Here is a sheet hole where people are killed everyday and no one is a asking questions.

The worse is that Muslims would tell you, it's a death that has been predestined by Allah for him, that no matter what he would have died that day. With that being said, cased is closed

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Almaiga: 7:08am On Nov 05, 2017
R.I.P to the dead
Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by FarahAideed: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2017
I have maintained that Nigerian roads have reached their unsafest level in all ramifications under the govt of Buhari but I am sure people like the late man were part of those who would come online and defend Buharis bad leadership, My favorite saying remains for this govt " when it comes to bad leadership there are no victors just losers" ..RIP Sir

16 Likes

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by sarrki(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2017
FarahAideed:
I have maintained that Nigerian roads have reached their unsafest level in all ramifications under the govt of Buhari but I am sure people like the late man were part of those who would come online and defend Buharis bad leadership, My favorite saying remains for this govt " when it comes to bad leadership there are no victors just losers" ..RIP Sir

You don't even know what it takes to be in opposition

Just for the the of pmb

God Almighty will deliver you

1 Like

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by FarahAideed: 7:34am On Nov 05, 2017
sarrki:

You don't even know what it takes to be in opposition

Just for the the of pmb

God Almighty will deliver you

My only problem in Nigeria today is just Buhari , when he leaves Nigeria can then have the chance to survive .. Sarrki i pray you dont fall victim to his bad leadership because my research has shown his biggest supporters suffer from his incompetence the most.

18 Likes

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by ogbeniolola: 7:35am On Nov 05, 2017
This is sad!....May God grant him peaceful rest!
His assailants will never find rest all the days of their lives.
By the way, I hope the deceased is not related to renowned economist and former deputy governor of the CBN, Dr Obadiah Mailafia?
Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Nutase: 7:38am On Nov 05, 2017
Sorry for this country.
Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by freeze001(f): 7:45am On Nov 05, 2017
Nigeria is just one big dream killer.
Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by madridguy(m): 7:45am On Nov 05, 2017
Inna lilahi waheena ilehin Rajihun

May Allah accept his soul and comfort his family.

dearsly:
His Honda Evil spirit was snatched also...along Kaduna-Kano road....

The breadwinner of the family...

I'm presently with the nephew now...It's a sad one...

RIP sir...

5 Likes

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Queenlovely(f): 7:47am On Nov 05, 2017
Rip

4 Likes

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 05, 2017
The North killing their own out of greed and religious purpose. This man is the only foreign Phd holder in about 25 LGA in Kano state

6 Likes

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by sbashir10(m): 8:16am On Nov 05, 2017
May his gentle soul rest in peace
To the poster above me let me school you since you know nothing about kano state and North in particular, kano state has 44 local government and not 25 as you postulated above, kano state has countless numbers of people with PhD and professors...
Google is your friend

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by sbashir10(m): 8:18am On Nov 05, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
The North killing their own out of greed and religious purpose. This man is the only foreign Phd holder in about 25 LGA in Kano state
Receive sense in Jesus name..
Must everything be tribalized?
Haba

9 Likes

Re: Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS by Aniedi30(m): 8:26am On Nov 05, 2017
when I hear news like these no encouragement to comeback.. Rip soul

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boy Humbled With A Blow After Starting A Fight Over A Wrap Of Weed / Lady Invites A Girl Who Slut-Shamed Her Mother In Owerri, Beats Her Up / Man Found Dead In An Uncompleted Building In Lekki, Lagos. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.