Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office (9982 Views)

Governor Umahi On Queue During LGA Election In Ebonyi / The Monitor Lizard Governor Ben Ayade Caught While On Inspection / Governor Umahi On His Knees As He Declares His 2019 Governorship Intention(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Nature83(m): 8:15pm On May 24, 2017
UMAHI,S INSPECTION AND COMMISSIONING TOUR TO MARK HIS TWO YEARS IN OFFICE.

The Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Umahi, has inaugurated two bridges recently completed by his administration at Amangwu Edda in Afikpo South Local Government Area.

He performed the ceremony during inspection of projects in Ebonyi South Senatorial Zone as part of activities marking the 2017 Democracy Day celebration.

Umahi was accompanied on the visit on Tuesday by some National Assembly members, including Senator Sam Egwu; members of the state Elders Council and journalists.

The governor, who also inaugurated street light at the Presbyterian Joint Hospital Road, Uburu in Ohaozara LGA, inspected some ongoing road projects in the town.

A statement on Wednesday by the Chief Press Secretary to Umahi, quoted the governor as explaining that the contract for the 28.5 kilometre Oshiri - Ezzama Road awarded to Nigucrem Nigeria Limited was terminated because the company failed to execute the job according to specifications. Umahi added that the contract had been awarded to another company.

While the governor explained that he embarked on road construction and other projects to reduce the suffering of the people, he announced that four-kilometres should be added to the road to link up a nearby community.

He said, " This one(road) is going through here to Oshiri and Ezzama in Ezza South Local Government. His Excellency, the then Deputy Governor, Prof. Ogbu, once told me of particular point of the road where a man drowned. When we took over this job, it was terrible that even bicycle could not pass through it. So let this road be linked by four kilometres to the one going to Isu and the market."

He further stated that his aim of using indigenous contractors in the execution of projects was to empower them. "It is a debt I owe Ebonyi people to also empower indigenous contractors to come of age."

On his part, a former governor of the state, Dr. Egwu, commended Umahi for his performance, saying his achievements within so short a time had repositioned the state.

At the border between Amasiri and Okposi , Egwu who was highly impressed with the thickness of the concreted part of the road, said, "I must confess that you have surpassed all of us."

He thereafter after asked Umahi to walk along with him on the road and jocularly told him:"I think with the long stretch and smoothness of this road that I am seeing ,it can be a tarmac. Aircraft can land it."

Umahi had told the team that the road, when completed would last 75 years.

Also, a member representing Ohanivo Federal Constituency, Linus Okorie, appreciated the governor for the projects being executed in the area.

Other projects inspected were the Abakaliki Afikpo Road, 11.2km Okue-Nzerem-Akaeze Road and water treatment plant in Ivo Local Government Area; 25.3km Amasiri-Okposi- Uburu Road; a six- span bridge across Ebonyi River in Ishinkwo, Onicha LGA and St. Mary Road in Afikpo North LGA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by brunofarad(m): 11:19am On May 25, 2017
This is commendable, after they will still say that the man is not working

5 Likes

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by davibid: 11:20am On May 25, 2017
At least this one is working

Unlike his counterpart of Bayelsa State

Who always have a lie to tell

The most unfriendly governor to civil servants

Just can wait for his tenure to end

8 Likes

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by mickypi: 11:20am On May 25, 2017
hmm nice one..kip it up

1 Like

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:20am On May 25, 2017
Nature83:
UMAHI,S INSPECTION AND COMMISSIONING TOUR TO MARK HIS TWO YEARS IN OFFICE.

The Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Umahi, has inaugurated two bridges recently completed by his administration at Amangwu Edda in Afikpo South Local Government Area.

He performed the ceremony during inspection of projects in Ebonyi South Senatorial Zone as part of activities marking the 2017 Democracy Day celebration.

Umahi was accompanied on the visit on Tuesday by some National Assembly members, including Senator Sam Egwu; members of the state Elders Council and journalists.

The governor, who also inaugurated street light at the Presbyterian Joint Hospital Road, Uburu in Ohaozara LGA, inspected some ongoing road projects in the town.

A statement on Wednesday by the Chief Press Secretary to Umahi, quoted the governor as explaining that the contract for the 28.5 kilometre Oshiri - Ezzama Road awarded to Nigucrem Nigeria Limited was terminated because the company failed to execute the job according to specifications. Umahi added that the contract had been awarded to another company.

While the governor explained that he embarked on road construction and other projects to reduce the suffering of the people, he announced that four-kilometres should be added to the road to link up a nearby community.

He said, " This one(road) is going through here to Oshiri and Ezzama in Ezza South Local Government. His Excellency, the then Deputy Governor, Prof. Ogbu, once told me of particular point of the road where a man drowned. When we took over this job, it was terrible that even bicycle could not pass through it. So let this road be linked by four kilometres to the one going to Isu and the market."

He further stated that his aim of using indigenous contractors in the execution of projects was to empower them. "It is a debt I owe Ebonyi people to also empower indigenous contractors to come of age."

On his part, a former governor of the state, Dr. Egwu, commended Umahi for his performance, saying his achievements within so short a time had repositioned the state.

At the border between Amasiri and Okposi , Egwu who was highly impressed with the thickness of the concreted part of the road, said, "I must confess that you have surpassed all of us."

He thereafter after asked Umahi to walk along with him on the road and jocularly told him:"I think with the long stretch and smoothness of this road that I am seeing ,it can be a tarmac. Aircraft can land it."

Umahi had told the team that the road, when completed would last 75 years.

Also, a member representing Ohanivo Federal Constituency, Linus Okorie, appreciated the governor for the projects being executed in the area.

Other projects inspected were the Abakaliki Afikpo Road, 11.2km Okue-Nzerem-Akaeze Road and water treatment plant in Ivo Local Government Area; 25.3km Amasiri-Okposi- Uburu Road; a six- span bridge across Ebonyi River in Ishinkwo, Onicha LGA and St. Mary Road in Afikpo North LGA.
humm
Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Dpharisee: 11:21am On May 25, 2017
Concrete roads and asphalt roads, this is good, I have observed that apart from Ambode with huge resources at his disposal, PDP governors are performing better than APC govs in terms of providing infrastructure. What is the reason behind that?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Flexherbal(m): 11:24am On May 25, 2017
Good one !

1 Like

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by PapaBrowne(m): 11:24am On May 25, 2017
Ambode is commissioning!
Wike is commissioning!!
Umahi is commissioning!!

Buhari and his commissioners are blaming Jonathan for thier failures 2 years on!!

26 Likes

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by smartty68(m): 11:27am On May 25, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Ambode is commissioning!
Wike is commissioning!!
Umahi is commissioning!!

Buhari and his commissioners are blaming Jonathan for thier failures 2 years on!!
And;
Wailers are wailing
Afonjas are afonjaing
IPOB are ipobing

The struggle continues...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by willibounce1(m): 11:27am On May 25, 2017
As usual, some senseless people will come out and dance for him and praise him for doing his job with government money. They will spend some millions for commissioning roads. I don't understand the stupid mentality. Why must you commission what you used tax payers money for. Just construct the phucking roads and let people use it. No need for useless fanfare.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Kingxway: 11:28am On May 25, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Ambode is commissioning!
Wike is commissioning!!
Umahi is commissioning!!

funny but true
Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Kingxway: 11:30am On May 25, 2017
Nice one Mr Governor

We ain't singing your praises, we just commend you for doing what you are supposed to do, unlike some other people in your category that would lavish the fund and still owe state workers many months salary

5 Likes

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by DrObum(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2017
If that road lasts for 10years, i'll delete my moniker!
Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by ariesbull: 11:33am On May 25, 2017
I believe now that most eastern governors are lucky the Enugu guy is working , Anambra is always on point , Abia is making a whole lot of sense and Ebonyi upping their game.....Imo is becoming the Nigeria's Monaco and Cancun

Igbos are lucky to have purposeful governors

Are they competing ?

Unlike the wheelbarrows sharing governors and rice and money sharing governors

In West called stomach infrastructural

10 Likes

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by JaypeeAnics(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2017
I'm tired of Nigeria's leader's. when they do what they are meant to do-they start posting pics and videos and start praising themselves. when they don't do what they were voted for-they start giving silly excuses.
WE VOTED THEM TO WORK....But they see it as a big deal.
NIGERIA'S GREATEST PROBLEM IS OUR LEADER'S.
as for those fighting themselves on nairaland - note that when civil war occurs in Nigeria. our leaders will be the first to leave.
GET SENSE...our leaders don't have us in mind....imagine student struggling to register/take jamb just yo gain admission into Nigeria university....while Iiur leaders children are always graduating from foreign universities....just this past few months about 4 governor's children just graduated from foreign university....I PITY MY COUNTRY.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by kelechi50: 11:49am On May 25, 2017
Please Is Ikwo not part of this projects, especially inyimagu to umeh,izo to Ogagbo this roads have not been graded not to talk of tie.its electrification project by world Bank is all so abandoned.please Mr Governor do something

1 Like

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Nobody: 11:51am On May 25, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
humm
must u quote the whole post

1 Like

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2017
yes ...is it ur personal postor is it ur family pedigree or biographyif not biko biko apumaka..file be...kpaghodere....leave me be...step aside..get a life...face front ..etc.. grin grin grin grin
kingcity:
must u quote the whole post
Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Nobody: 11:54am On May 25, 2017
JaypeeAnics:
I'm tired of Nigeria's leader's. when they do what they are meant to do-they start posting pics and videos and start praising themselves. when they don't do what they were voted for-they start giving silly excuses.
WE VOTED THEM TO WORK....But they see it as a big deal.
NIGERIA'S GREATEST PROBLEM IS OUR LEADER'S.
as for those fighting themselves on nairaland - note that when civil war occurs in Nigeria. our leaders will be the first to leave.
GET SENSE...our leaders don't have us in mind....imagine student struggling to register/take jamb just yo gain admission into Nigeria university....while Iiur leaders children are always graduating from foreign universities....just this past few months about 4 governor's children just graduated from foreign university....I PITY MY COUNTRY.
so its now a bad thing to inform the public of what the govt is doing?

1 Like

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Qmerit(m): 11:59am On May 25, 2017
[quote author=Dpharisee post=56860098]Concrete roads and asphalt roads, this is good, I have observed that apart from Ambode with huge resources at his disposal, PDP governors are performing better than APC govs in terms of providing infrastructure. What is the reason behind that?[/quote

Which of them pls?
Can you name them?
Rivers is like Lagos in terms of allocation and interly generated revenue, so put them face to face with lag! Bayelsa take home one of the largest allocation and smallest state yet can't pay stateworker over 9months talk less of building infrastructures, Delta state is among the first 4 state that take home large share of allocation yet workers protest of 14months salaries this week and it was posted here... Or is it Ekiti that owes 10months salaries to workers and can't do a jack despite the bailout fund? Pls give fact and stop deceiving people here... Osun has cleared junks of over 8months of salaries and infrastructures are there to see, visit Edo and see, go to Kano and Kaduna and tell the story of infrastructures, though many re not trying but can't compare with PDP govs cause many S/S states takes the largest share and still owing workers. Eboyi Gov is doing a nice job no doubt with the little at his disposal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by plendil: 12:06pm On May 25, 2017
Come Umahi, I agree you doing a wonderful job, but I think its time you focus on other aspects besides roads, bridges and street lights.

Take Udensi roundabout, what for goodness sake is he trying to do there?? High power floodlights, water fountain,interlocking tiles, etc. Total waste of scarce funds in my opinion.

How about he focus on the HEALTH SECTOR for INSTANCE. It is IN A SORRY STATE!!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 25, 2017
This man self
Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by colossus91(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2017
DrObum:
If that road lasts for 10years, i'll delete my moniker!
lol u are right bro

2 Likes

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 25, 2017
For the first time Ebonyi people is having a Governor.
Sam Egwu tried on the aspect of human development but scored zero in infrastructure

3 Likes

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 25, 2017
My state, am happy we are on the news for the right reasons

3 Likes

Re: Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office by bionixs: 12:51pm On May 25, 2017
smartty68:
And; Wailers are wailing Afonjas are afonjaing IPOB are ipobing
The struggle continues...
while papabrowne is observing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Rochas Okorocha, Uche Nwosu Dump APC For SDP / The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria / Gunmen Kidnap 2 Catholic Priests In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.