Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton (9638 Views)

Mobius Motors: A Look At Kenya's Indigenous Car Maker - Photos / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features / Chinese Volvo Owner, Geely, Becomes Largest Shareholder In Mercedes-benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by AutoJoshNG: 6:41am On May 25, 2017
After taking over Volvo, Geely is still expanding its portfolio. They recently announced they are buying majority shares in Lotus which is a British sports car manufacturer. Geely will also acquire nearly half of Malaysian automaker Proton.

At the same time, Geely is in the process of launching the new Lynk & Co brand which would be the most connected car with free Wi-Fi and integrated car sharing services.

This arrangement will put Lotus under new ownership for the 5th time in about 3 decades.

https://autojosh.com/volvo-parent-geely-is-buying-lotus-and-part-of-proton/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by bewla(m): 6:43am On May 25, 2017
d
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by bewla(m): 6:43am On May 25, 2017
e
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Benjom(m): 6:52am On May 25, 2017
See cars... Some people are really gifted o.
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by adonshow(m): 7:16am On May 25, 2017
Great!
First to comment

1 Like

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Kobicove(m): 7:18am On May 25, 2017
The Chinese are buying up everything in sight

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Houseofglam7(f): 7:19am On May 25, 2017
Is it just me or Geely cars have always looked funny and fragile?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Houseofglam7(f): 7:19am On May 25, 2017
adonshow:
Great!
First to comment

You say wetin

1 Like

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by teamsynergy: 7:23am On May 25, 2017
later some people will come here and say China operates a local economy with no impact on the global economy .....

nice move

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Nobody: 7:23am On May 25, 2017
Houseofglam7:

They really are. Those things are just but carton. Quality is zero from body to chassis to interior materials. Gosh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:25am On May 25, 2017
Chinese ppl sha angry
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Tobicrystal(m): 7:29am On May 25, 2017
These are people that were regarded as local manufacturers.....but after they cleverly developed there economy locally....came all out to conquer the world and are doing it wonderfully well.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by bsideboii(m): 7:30am On May 25, 2017
Nice move.
I want me a lotus.
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by surrogatesng: 7:31am On May 25, 2017
nice one
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by babasolo(m): 7:53am On May 25, 2017
checkengine:

They really are. Those things are just but carton. Quality is zero from body to chassis to interior materials. Gosh!

lost alot of money to dat shiiit car geely, 20cars for taxi in makurdi, non of them are on the road...sraps all...
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by willibounce1(m): 7:57am On May 25, 2017
These Chinese people are so phucking rich. I don't know how they do it.
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by swagifted(m): 8:06am On May 25, 2017
China... The new work order.
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Dottore: 8:06am On May 25, 2017
Chinese companies are using price advantage to compete with popular global companies. They counterfeit a product and sell it at a fraction of the genuine product and throw the original manufacturer out of business.
I so much love their biz tactics. It's not as if they can't produce quality products but they know the power of low pricing. They will now improve on the product gradually based on consumer response of course with manipulative pricing this time.
All car brand brands now have a production plant in China or risk being counterfeited.
They are rapidly monopolizing Big Coach (luxurious) Buses, passenger transport, Construction Equipment and truck manufacturing with known names like American Mack going out of show, MAN Diesel struggling to survive so is Mercedes truck lines, Scania concentrating now on only Engines, IVECO, dieing gradually the few surviving European owned truck brands like VW and Volvo have plants in China.

The Chinese have flooded the market with cheap brands like Howo models, Sinotruck, Pac-Man, Lingtian, Foton, Dayun, FAW, Xinjiang, Lutian and many others.

The idea is that the cost of acquiring one European or American brand can keep two Chinese made brands on the road. There's no investor that wouldn't want to take advantage of having more commodity with same budget.
They have also succeeded in taken up the greatest share in mobile telecoms business with previous Giants like Alcatel, Ericson etc now retired to network service segment yet struggling to survive in that sector as a result of stiff competition with Chinese ZTE and Huawei.

Nigerian government should try and emulate them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by solpat(m): 8:12am On May 25, 2017
China blazing............ cool
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by ruffhandu: 8:14am On May 25, 2017
venture capitalists
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Nobody: 8:21am On May 25, 2017
How nice.
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by holyboss: 8:24am On May 25, 2017
Whenever I see some Africans calling Chinese product 100% fake, I just laugh. Those guys make their own airplane and hardly will you ever hear one crashing. And still you call their products, seriously?

Even Americans have some respect for them.

Africans, Continu!

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Nobody: 8:28am On May 25, 2017
China is on top of the world weda USA believes it or not. After all Trump is begging dem to talk to north Korea.
The fact s China has gone far. It must b to their credit that most poor Africans can afford sophisticated phones.
maybe its time for us to start owing some sports cars.
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Azola(m): 8:33am On May 25, 2017
9ja Senate no go buy this won, dem also no sah we no get road.

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by Chukazu: 8:34am On May 25, 2017
Houseofglam7:

Just like any other Chinese products, they look "fake" at first but with time, they improve on quality and become the "in thing"... There was a time Chinese phones were an object of ridicule but today virtually every phone is either Chinese made or Chinese assembled.. Never forget days of little beginnings

That is one thing we are not doing I Nigeria, I see a lot of people criticize INNOSONS as not been good enough without giving them enough credit for their hardwork

1 Like

Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by chukxie(m): 8:54am On May 25, 2017
teamsynergy:
later some people will come here and say China operates a local economy with no impact on the global economy .....

nice move

You dey mind them? They're simply shy from telling the truth.
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by dfrost: 10:00am On May 25, 2017
They will end up making less rugged vehicles. That's my problem with all this new products unless I'm wrong about the perception.
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by walosky(m): 1:08pm On May 25, 2017
Geely? Useless car
Re: Chinese Car Maker & Volvo’s Parent (geely) Is Buying Lotus And Part Of Proton by DAVE5(m): 3:47pm On May 25, 2017
Houseofglam7:

my thought exactly

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Motorsport Team Presents Drivers In Maiden Tour / Your Experience With Buying A Nigerian Used Car / Pls I Need A Mini-bus For Hire Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.