Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

How Important Is CPN Certification (computer Professional Of Nigeria) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Important Is CPN Certification (computer Professional Of Nigeria) (2534 Views)

Be A Computer Professional. / How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers / Computer Professionals (registration Council Of Nigeria) CPN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is CPN Certification (computer Professional Of Nigeria) by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 25, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,
I need professionals who have acquired this certificate to share their experience in terms of

1. how effective it is in breaking into the IT industry?
2. Advantages over other certificates

any much more
Re: How Important Is CPN Certification (computer Professional Of Nigeria) by iihtlagos: 4:06pm On May 25, 2017
Ezechinwa:
Hello Nairalanders,
I need professionals who have acquired this certificate to share their experience in terms of

any much more

Nobody will employ you because of that certification!!

#Truth
Re: How Important Is CPN Certification (computer Professional Of Nigeria) by bassdow: 11:50am On May 27, 2017
Ezechinwa:
Hello Nairalanders,

any much more

Unlike other Non-Science Related Professions, The Science field is totally different and You really can't hide behind any sort of Certification except you really knows your Onion.

Know your Onion Firstly, then the Certifications would only be an Optional backing.

Just so you know, few years back, I went for an Interview in a foreign firm, you know what, I was just given a Laptop and asked to do few things.

Other than the task I was given to do, the only question they asked me was my name and few other personal questions Totally excluding any Educational question.

Not until 4 Months later, they never asked me of my certificates. Not even that of University.

So focus on gathering the Knowledge first before seeking Certifications.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Important Is CPN Certification (computer Professional Of Nigeria) by Nobody: 11:58am On May 27, 2017
bassdow:

Unlike other Non-Science Related Professions, The Science field is totally different and You really can't hide behind any sort of Certification except you really knows your Onion.

Know your Onion Firstly, then the Certifications would only be an Optional backing.

Just so you know, few years back, I went for an Interview in a foreign firm, you know what, I was just given a Laptop and asked to do few things.

Other than the task I was given to do, the only question they asked me was my name and few other personal questions Totally excluding any Educational question.

Not until 4 Months later, they never asked me of my certificates. Not even that of University.

Bless you Sir for sharing this tip
Re: How Important Is CPN Certification (computer Professional Of Nigeria) by Desyner: 5:49pm On May 27, 2017
The body doesn't appear well coordinated from my brief assessment of their portal sometime in 2014.
They have no real influence over the IT training institute. On the contrary to what the first reply to the thread implied, some ignorant company may employ you but internationally recognized certification will give you a better chance with recruiters.
Re: How Important Is CPN Certification (computer Professional Of Nigeria) by codesprof: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's quite helpful
bassdow:

(1) (Reply)

Project Hymnary ---- The Hymns Solfa App / Lean How To Hack / My Website Date Is Not Correct Why???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.