Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,255 members, 7,846,172 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Pastor Dupes Church Members - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Dupes Church Members (612 Views)

Ogun Pastor Prays Recharge Card Into His Church Members Phone / Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? / "t.b Joshua's Miracle Is Fake And Unverifiable" Former Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Dupes Church Members by kufreabasi(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2010
http://thepmnews.com/2010/pastor-dupes-church-members

Pastor Dupes Church Members

January 14, 2010 15:11, 363 views

By Cyriacus Izuekwe

Pastor John Akuma of God’s Elect Penticostal Church, Aguda, Lagos, has been arraigned before the Surulere Magistrate’s Court for allegedly duping members of his church of millions of naira under false pretence of taking them abroad on a missionary journey.

The cleric told some members of his church that he had a divine call to preach outside Nigeria and offered to take some members of the church overseas.

He allegedly told those willing to go to pay N430,000, each for travel documents and provision of job abroad.

P.M.NEWS gathered that more than 10 members of the church paid the money before the pastor disappeared.

Efforts to locate his whereabouts proved abortive, until luck ran against him when he was spotted by one of his victims, Ejike Paul, on Ishaga Street, Surulere.

Paul invited the police and the accused was arrested and charged to court for fraud and stealing.

One of the charges against him reads: “That you, John Akuma, 33, at Ishaga Street, Surulere, Lagos, did obtain N430,000 from Ejike Paul on the pretence of helping him to secure travel documents and ticket.

The offence is punishable under sections 516, 419 and 390 of the Criminal Code, Cap. 17, Vol. 2, Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2003.

He pleaded not guilty to the charge and the magistrate, Mrs. A. O. Adegite, granted him bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties.

The sureties, the court ruled, must show evidence of payment of tax and their addresses must be verified.

The matter has been adjourned till 18, January, 2010 for trial.
Re: Pastor Dupes Church Members by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2010
toch not my anointed grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Dupes Church Members by afiq(m): 10:56pm On Jan 15, 2010
Innocent until proven guilty grin grin grin The 'holy spirit' might have instructed him cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Dupes Church Members by kufreabasi(m): 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2010
Behold, I have send forth my strong iron cane on earth, and am ready to expose and disgrace them eachday. I wipe wipe, flock and beat them to nonsense for disgracing my name. Thus says the Lord of Host.
Re: Pastor Dupes Church Members by REALTRUTH1: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2010
chukwudi44:

toch not my anointed grin grin grin
Most of them are criminals and God never annointed them,,,that is why they can be easily touched and harms done against them,,,

(1) (Reply)

Life Here (in Nigeria) And Hereafter With God / Abortion; Is It The Only Option? / Top 15 Reasons Why I Love Jehovah’switnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.