Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience (18382 Views)

Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner / What’s So Special About This Infinix Hot 4? / I'm Afraid I May Have Bought The Fake Infinix Note 2 Lte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Simbrave: 5:33pm On May 25, 2017
I own an ORIGINAL Infinix Hot 4 and after Saturday's incident of exploding Hot 4, I sought out to have a feel of the fake Hot 4 so as to point out the difference between both phones.

On the hardware side, the first visible difference is the front camera. The Original Hot 4 has it front camera located on the top left while it is found on the top right corners on the fake. Secondly, the charging port is at the bottom left of the Original Hot 4 while it is at the top centre on the fake.

Coming to the Software aspect, a noticeable difference can be seen with the UI on both phones. When you are on LockScreen mode with the fake phone, you will notice the fingerprint/lock screen icon in between the Call Key and Camera Icon at the bottom of the screen while there is an absence of fingerprint/Lock Screen Icon on the Original phone. Camera mode wise, the Original phone has the Gallery Icon, Shutter Icon and Video Icon at the bottom of the screen while on the fake, you only have Camera icon at the middle bottom of the screen.

I also found out that when you connect the Original Phone to the system, you get the Name of the Device has Infinix Hot 4 whereas if it is fake,
names like Phatom6, OLIVER, HINTOM are what the computer will display. I will advise anyone who wants to purchase this phone to buy from Infinix authorised dealers so as not to fall victim of this fake device.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Simbrave: 12:35pm On May 30, 2017
Simbrave:
I own an ORIGINAL Infinix Hot 4 and after Saturday's incident of exploding Hot 4, I sought out to have a feel of the fake Hot 4 so as to point out the difference between both phones.

On the hardware side, the first visible difference is the front camera. The Original Hot 4 has it front camera located on the top left while it is found on the top right corners on the fake. Secondly, the charging port is at the bottom left of the Original Hot 4 while it is at the top centre on the fake.

Coming to the Software aspect, a noticeable difference can be seen with the UI on both phones. When you are on LockScreen mode with the fake phone, you will notice the fingerprint/lock screen icon in between the Call Key and Camera Icon at the bottom of the screen while there is an absence of fingerprint/Lock Screen Icon on the Original phone. Camera mode wise, the Original phone has the Gallery Icon, Shutter Icon and Video Icon at the bottom of the screen while on the fake, you only have Camera icon at the middle bottom of the screen.

I also found out that when you connect the Original Phone to the system, you get the Name of the Device has Infinix Hot 4 whereas if it is fake,
names like Phatom6, OLIVER, HINTOM are what the computer will display. I will advise anyone who wants to purchase this phone to buy from Infinix authorised dealers so as not to fall victim of this fake device.
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by criticalphone: 2:50pm On May 30, 2017
Nice research but no pix.... too bad

9 Likes

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by ishittu: 2:55pm On May 30, 2017
Simbrave:

I like the last part, the fastest way if you have your system with you.
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by ishittu: 3:02pm On May 30, 2017
criticalphone:

Yes, picture will have make the article a perfect one

5 Likes

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Daviestunech(m): 6:11pm On May 30, 2017
No pics...idonbilivit

4 Likes

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Aburi001: 7:31am On May 31, 2017
Wey pictures na

1 Like

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by cooldipo(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2017
No picture!

2 Likes

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by helphelp: 7:32am On May 31, 2017
Be like Na fake I dey use ooo

2 Likes

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Nobody: 7:32am On May 31, 2017
Nahso
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Darey207(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2017
Are you an architect or Engineer in Abuja then this opportunity is for you.
Get the chance to learn structural design using Orion and STAAD Pro. in relation to BS CODES standards and Architectural design using AUTOCAD and REVIT ARCHITECTURE .
Interested persons should call Engr. Dare on 09057831550 for more information.
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Nobody: 7:33am On May 31, 2017
A picture speaks more than a thousand words.

3 Likes

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by ychris: 7:34am On May 31, 2017
criticalphone:
cooldipo:
No picture!
Daviestunech:
No pics...idonbilivit
modelmike7:
A picture speaks more than a thousand words.
what are you guys insinuating? undecided

Someone took his time to put up that well analysed write up you 're there spewing thrash undecided

3 Likes

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Young03(m): 7:34am On May 31, 2017
Infinix Zero for sale
2gb RAM
13mp back camera
pm me
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Sektion: 7:35am On May 31, 2017
@OP, you sought after and got a specimen, yet no pictures.

3 Likes

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by DrLivzy(m): 7:36am On May 31, 2017
Nice Info
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by jeremylawrence(m): 7:36am On May 31, 2017
lala, oya manage and push this post to front-page asap... op u suppose give us pishure na
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by dbossbuggy(m): 7:38am On May 31, 2017
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by ogobaby23(f): 7:38am On May 31, 2017
Aba boys at work
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by onuwaje(m): 7:39am On May 31, 2017
Will u call dis fake
Due to the fact that the finger print scanner.
Every of ur analysis matches mine except the finger print scanner part
Cos i bought it from an Infinix shop

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Nobody: 7:41am On May 31, 2017
ychris:

Someone took his time to put up that well analysed write up you 're there spewing thrash undecided
just imagine!!
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by TechPanda(m): 7:46am On May 31, 2017
@ ogobaby23
I greet you righteously.
Funny You But It's Not Necessary The Doings Of Aba Boys.

I hate to admit it, but the whole town is flooded with fake Infinix products, fake battery, fake charger even fake device.
As a matter of fact the other day, a fake Note 2 was spotted on the all famous Jiji. Posted by an individual I believe.
Yours could not neccessary be fake but, HEY! It's a plus one to you, being able to identify a fake Infinix phone.
Spotting a fake product is easy, i believe so. It's the more reason why i always advise people to know the phone they want to buy, google and confirm the specs and price before going to the store.
In an article i highlighted how we (phone Pandas) confirmed the Note 2 on jiji to be fake.
You can read it here: www.techkibay.com/2017/02/fake-infinix-note2-spotted-on-jiji.html
hope it helps
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Amosjaj(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2017
M
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Justdare: 7:51am On May 31, 2017
ychris:

It is called constructive criticism.
It's a very well thought out article (which a lot of us would not have thought to write), but the pictures would make it easily understandable.
Please OP, can you get some "visual aids"

1 Like

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Sektion: 7:55am On May 31, 2017
ychris:

it's not about spewing thrash, pictures is part of evidence at least he got a hands-on experience with the fake. Here is my own Hands-on experience with HOT4(fried itself) last week(with pictures)
https://www.nairaland.com/3821469/infinix-hot-4-went-up/1
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by Iamvictor(m): 7:56am On May 31, 2017
Goos
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by loobby(m): 7:58am On May 31, 2017
How much can I get hot4 pro
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by DesChyko: 8:01am On May 31, 2017
That's nice. China Transsion phone don dey get fake? Economy really bad. I used to know the parts used to manufacture many fake devices were used to make real Transsion phones.
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by maverickdude(m): 8:05am On May 31, 2017
Well written but about that fingerprint , i don't think thats true.All infinix phone that are fingerprint enabled that have seen are like that...Just like note 3 here

2 Likes

Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by DAVE5(m): 8:06am On May 31, 2017
DesChyko:
That's nice. China Transsion phone don dey get fake? Economy really bad. I used to know the parts used to manufacture many fake devices were used to make real Transsion phones.

Just one question, Wetin be "transsion"? cos I don check dictionary tire

Back to the topic...fake of hot4, this is more like fake of fake... how fake can it get since the original is actually fake

I'm blown!!!
Re: Spot The Fake HOT 4 - Simbrave's Experience by TechPanda(m): 8:08am On May 31, 2017
DAVE5:

Just one question, Wetin be "transsion"? cos I don check dictionary tire

Back to the topic...fake of hot4, this is more like fake of fake... how fake can it get since the original is actually fake

I'm blown!!!

Wonderful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Agrees To Pay Nigerian $1.7Billion Fine / 7 Sure Ways To Make Your Phone Charge Faster / Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.