Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) (59898 Views)

David Cries Out New 800 Million House Flooded With Water / Man's House In Jakande, Lekki Flooded (Photo) / Man's House Flooded In Benue In The Middle Of The Night. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Leslieee(f): 9:27pm On May 25, 2017
i fell inlove with a chef and i found maself in a pot of soup. Lol
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Angy55(f): 9:28pm On May 25, 2017
bigdot1759:
Lobatan! No be una dey talk say buhari go die, see waiting u get, after all jonathan beta pass buhari, & see na zombie water don cary u go. anyway just go buy fingerlins & put dem dere til rain go stop
I'm not from Bayelsa. This has nothing to do with buhari or Jonathan. Use your number six and think like a lettered person.

1 Like

Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by latsy: 9:31pm On May 25, 2017
soberdrunk:

Are you for real? Did you just type this? Are you aware that people live in 'earthquake' zones, imagine if their government has this same mentality, do you know how many deaths will be recorded yearly?? angry
As I stated there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Some parts of the US suffers from hurricane and wildfire every year
and I haven't seen anyone apportioning blame because they understand
that raging nature can't be tamed.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by gsogbu(m): 9:32pm On May 25, 2017
Dfinex:

Yeah ...that's true. Plus the land is very low, probably below water level....they will build on such lands and will never bother to raise the dpc. .
I really pity for the poor there. I was there on Tuesday, though i have lived there for some years, what i saw that day made me pity for them even more. Even in dry season they can fish in their backyard.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by mechanics(m): 9:41pm On May 25, 2017
eyah, it maybe he built it's house along a canal path.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Emtol01: 10:03pm On May 25, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Poor or no drainage system
No drainage system in that town called Yenagoa except for their only main road. Even the residents built their houses without erecting foundation. Those that still lives there can testify to it. No way they won't be experiencing flooding.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Emtol01: 10:05pm On May 25, 2017
No drainage system in that town called Yenagoa except for their only main road. Even the residents built their houses without erecting foundation. Those that still lives there can testify to it. No way they won't be experiencing flooding.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 25, 2017
This is what the building design code should look like in such areas prone to to flooding but our ignorance and backwardness won't let us.

Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by joinnow: 10:24pm On May 25, 2017
That is what happened when u build on swamppy area
And river part way
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by chubinwa(m): 10:33pm On May 25, 2017
what a misfortune.
bt lala wait o. is it nt Oga jona's state?
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 11:52pm On May 25, 2017
Build good drainage, they won't. All of them want to use all their available lands for buildings. Won't the water be angry and frustrate you in the end.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Siscooh: 1:13am On May 26, 2017
soberdrunk:
..................and yet some of them will still come out and protest for their 'Mama' and her millions of dollars in her account, they will defend their hero of democracy to the high heavens.......... angry
Are they the cause of the flood? 7 Please
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 1:20am On May 26, 2017
this is serious o
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by repogirl(f): 2:03am On May 26, 2017
I knew it had to be bayelsa.... Anyway they are professional swimmers sha.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Nedsnow(m): 3:14am On May 26, 2017
Like seriously. There is no need to pity this people in anyway. This is obviously their fault. If you check those pictures very well, you will notice the water is just stagnant and not flowing. That's because they have no drainage system. Not a single gutter is on that street. For the landlords to come together and have a meeting on how to make their neighbourhood more conducive is always a problem. All they do meeting on is how to increase house rents. How much does it wanna cost them to dig a gutter.
Apart from this, there are so many other streets with gutters that are filled with waste, sand and so many other things. when rain comes and this above scenario repeats itself, it's either they blame the govt or God. Now tell me... Who's to be blamed?
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by otokx(m): 3:38am On May 26, 2017
Suffering and smiling.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Preye1599(m): 5:52am On May 26, 2017
As for me, the rain can fall for 24hours I no care, I have my 200hp boat... My boat to class, to supermarket..
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by praise1705(f): 6:02am On May 26, 2017
OrestesDante:
The people have to be very careful because water is more destructive than fire

could you please explain
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Meetleader: 6:11am On May 26, 2017
Before erecting building structures...

Do well, to get the expert opinion of a geographer, surveyor, hydrologists, or any of the environmental professionals..

Never build on a flood plain...

The moment I saw the photos... I knew that would be Bayelsa.. Damnn that city has very poor drainage...

If 9hr rain could do this... don't bother to imagine what 5 days marathon rain would do..

And please PHCN should cut-off power supply before someone gets electrocuted...
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Nobody: 6:18am On May 26, 2017
praise1705:
could you please explain
So you don know? Google.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Nobody: 6:22am On May 26, 2017
Xda59:
This is what the building design code should look like in such areas prone to to flooding but our ignorance and backwardness won't let us.

How many Nigerians can honestly afford the kind of foundation you put up there?
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Selfdesign: 6:22am On May 26, 2017
Reminds me of my rented apartment at Ogudu Ori oke Ojota. And my Landlord was forming I have a house. Shiorrrr.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by praise1705(f): 6:26am On May 26, 2017
OrestesDante:

So you don know? Google.

like seriously?

Google might have its own view but you as a human would have reasons to stick to a particular view

e.g why must a woman marry? Google will give you answers but a human influenced by culture and experience might have a more convincing reason and that's y I asked.

I usually think fire was more dangerous #myview

glaring you can't enlighten someone from your own perspective
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by bigdot1759(m): 6:28am On May 26, 2017
Angy55:
I'm not from Bayelsa. This has nothing to do with buhari or Jonathan. Use your number six and think like a lettered person.
oponu, Abunu, Na Dem indigin or govt go build drainage useless animal, if una don dey folow politians chop no single true talk again. WHO SURPOSE BUILD DRAINAGE ?
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by NCANTaskForce: 6:37am On May 26, 2017
*It's raining, NEPA refuses to take light*

Transformer:

Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49am On May 26, 2017
praise1705:

like seriously?

Google might have its own view but you as a human would have reasons to stick to a particular view

e.g why must a woman marry? Google will give you answers but a human influenced by culture and experience might have a more convincing reason and that's y I asked.

I usually think fire was more dangerous #myview

glaring you can't enlighten someone from your own perspective

Yes. Thank you. Do I look a Buddha to you? Pls Stop mentioning me. Pls.
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by praise1705(f): 7:00am On May 26, 2017
OrestesDante:

Yes. Thank you. Do I look a Buddha to you? Pls Stop mentioning me. Pls.

huh?
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by Yamprince(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2017
GEJ
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by agitator: 7:35am On May 26, 2017
transient123:
Ecological funds nko, stolen by most governors.

This has nothing to do with ecological funds.

Most Nigerians are not civilized in the real sense of the word. You see educated people, graduates building houses without leaving space for drainage. Some even build across natural flood water paths. wink wink wink
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by agitator: 7:40am On May 26, 2017
Xda59:

You don't want people to build houses again, and the area in focus it is not rivers overflowing their banks, but people building houses across natural drainage ways, thereby trapping the rain waters.

If you go to civilized countries nobody build across natural water channels, even when such occurs they have a well defined drainage system.

Yenagoa is surrounded by rivers which hardly overflow their banks, except for the devastating flood of 2012. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by koolkidcletus(m): 8:14am On May 26, 2017
Re: Man's House Flooded After 9-Hour Rainfall In Yenagoa (Photos) by dagboss(m): 10:16am On May 26, 2017
Ehyaaa too bad. Bayelsa generally has serious problem of flooding because of the peculiar terrain. There are very few locations you can build without sand filling. A place like Amassoma is particularly worse off anytime there is rain most of the town is flooded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Roofing sheets: Cost Of Roofing With Stone Coated Tiles In Nigeria best type / Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.