Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) (2986 Views)

Akwa Ibom Science College Where Students Are Raised In Squalour / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy / How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) by Incredibleme: 7:30pm On May 25, 2017
As i got into the university of portharcourt, during our year 1 orientation, the VC then (prof Ajeinka) - dunno if i spelt it correctly, said that Uniport is known as the foremost entrepreneurial university in Nigeria. Initially, i had my doubts. I thought its was the usual chest beating and stuff but having spent almost 4 years here, I realized that Uniport students are a different breed of students. In every class 30% of the students are hustlers - don't mean olo.... and gang dem. Every conner of the school is one student running a biz or an event. Don't know if its the way lecturers fail students or its just an environmental factor, most of us are not looking to join the bandwagon of graduates in the job market. You will hardly find uniport students in white collar jobs (apart from oil coys) but check their share in SMEs they populate the lot. This is a good thing, as this what this country needs now.

So to all unique students doing great things out there, to all, entrepreneurs, innovators, creators, makers and doers... Keep doing what we were bred for. Keep being unique.

#TheTechonomist.

Re: Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) by dingbang(m): 7:43pm On May 25, 2017
smiles.. I am glad you borrowed my pictures.. wink

www.nairaland.com/3580765/university-port-harcourt-pictures

well I can attest to your claims also by saying that uniport has also instilled in me that hustling spirit. I feel that it just enters into you once you become a student because you are surrounded with people who have ideas.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) by Incredibleme: 8:16pm On May 25, 2017
dingbang:
smiles.. I am glad you borrowed my pictures.. wink

www.nairaland.com/3580765/university-port-harcourt-pictures

well I can attest to your claims also by saying that uniport has also instilled in me that hustling spirit. I feel that it just enters into you once you become a student because you are surrounded with people who have ideas.
Yea very true.
Re: Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) by Thermodynamics(m): 11:40pm On May 25, 2017
Being an entrepreneur have nothing to do with the school you attended but with your personality and maybe the people you meet in life, not necessarily in school. Besides, have you been to all the universities in Nigeria?. Most Nigerian graduates look for job they don't become entrepreneurs, the real entrepreneurs in Nigeria are mostly illiterates.
Re: Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) by padi94(m): 3:55am On May 26, 2017
OP what is the relationship between the pictures you splashed here and what you wrote... confused people everywhere

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) by swagguElite(m): 8:17am On May 26, 2017
So an onli UNIPORT get hustlers ...Abi Wetin MisterUseHisAsstoThink dey talk bayii?

Hustling spirit has no interrelation with the type of school you studied or graduated from ... It is in everybody's blood ...

some people don't tap into it because their parent's are rich n they don't nid to use their talent in hustling for money ...since they have rich Oman spoonfeeding them!

While other set of people ...make use of it ...due to the fact that they have no one to sponsor them or spoonfeed them with wat they want! ... Ar yu telling that my friend chinedu hu sells boxers n bags during n after lectures would do so if his father was still alive to sponsor his education! ...

No! ..the hustling spirit is in everyone's blood ...it is situations that we find ourselves that determine whether yu use or not use it to make money! ...

I hv a rich friend hu knows ao to barb hair ... He onli cuts hair for close friends ... If yu tell to just open a small outlet in front of his house since he has the money to do so ... He will tell yu why should I do it ...

when I already hv money ... I can just tell my dad I misplaced my monthly allowance n he will send at least 50k that same day into my account! ...I don't need ...I just do it for fun ... Dats wat he usually say!

And his right ... He has no need to develop his talent due to someone sponsoring him ...ar yu saying if he grew up poor ...he won't use his room has a barber's shop!

The same way talent is in everyone of us is the same way hustlers are in every corner n university! ...stop being myopic!
Re: Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) by EzePromoe: 12:48pm On May 26, 2017
Wow, My alma mater just got even more beautiful and greener. About UNIPORT being an entrepreneurial school is no hearsay but fact. GES300 (Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship) is a compulsory course all students are made to offer and also frequently, free entrepreneurship seminars are organized to tutor students on entrepreneurship. Any UNIPORT graduate who is carrying files about looking for job probably didn't attend lectures during his/her days as undergraduate
Re: Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) by Chiefly(m): 2:44pm On May 26, 2017
Guys abeg make una no fall una hands there is nothing in Uniport or any university in the South/East for that matter compared to the North, they even pay students to come to school over there...

NB: pitakwa son.

(1) (Reply)

RESUMPTION DATE: See Schools Resuming Next Week / How Deadly Is Monitor Lizard? / Over 200 People Lost Their Lives Over Uncontrollable Dancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.