Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

What's The Difference Between Brown Layers And Black Layers? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What's The Difference Between Brown Layers And Black Layers? (3375 Views)

10wks Brown Layers Still Avail Till 15wks.book Now / My Dominant Brown Layers Egg Production Increases From 37% To 87% / 7 Weeks Brown Layers For Sale In Ibadan@ Affordable Price... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between Brown Layers And Black Layers? by kayo80(m): 9:28pm On May 25, 2017
I have always wondered...what are the major difference between brown layers and black layers? Does one lay more eggs than the other? Is one more resistant to disease than the other?

Please can an expert in the house help me out? Maybe list some advantages and disadvantages of these two types of layers. I got some black layers and they are 3 weeks today...I just wanted to have some information about layers generally. Thanks in advance.
Re: What's The Difference Between Brown Layers And Black Layers? by kayo80(m): 8:17am On May 26, 2017
No answer?
Re: What's The Difference Between Brown Layers And Black Layers? by Prosperousman(m): 9:27pm On May 26, 2017
from my experience in handling birds,
1. most of the times brown layers lay more eggs than black layers.
2. black layers lay bigger eggs than brown layers.
3. black layers are bound to suffer from heat stress during hot weather than brown layers.
4. black layers are more resistant to disease than brown layers in most cases.
5. when layers get old, the drop in production of brown layers is slow than black layers.
6. black layers are heavier than brown layers but after about 80 to 85 weeks of age, the weight of black layers drops.
etc.
this is from my personal experience

4 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Brown Layers And Black Layers? by ADESQUAREFARMS(m): 9:18am On Sep 30, 2017
dats truly point nd most of d tym they demanded for brown pullet dan black both @day old nd @old age....

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Good Quality Day Old Chicks In Abuja / Poultry Farm For Lease In Portharcourt(SOLD OUT) / The Refining Process Technology Of Palm Kernel Oil And Coconut Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.